en Or You Can Choose To Follow Me - Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards
leftWho's Online Nowleftregistered membersUser was last active 11 minutes ago.User was last active 1 hour ago.User was last active 2 hours ago.User was last active 2 hours ago.User was last active 4 hours ago.User was last active 7 hours ago.User was last active 7 hours ago.User was last active 9 hours ago.invisibleguests, andleftKey:AdminGlobal ModMod
/forum/ubb_js/shoutbox.js">
Shout Box
leftMember SpotlightleftPostsJoinedleftShow All Member Profiles
leftleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftbyleftalt-1 alvt">
The Seeds Would Grow
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
The Winner
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:14 PM
Envious Heart
by beechnut79. 09/08/21 12:10 PM
The Voyager
by Gerry. 09/08/21 07:05 AM
"Not Just A Melody.".
by JAPOV. 09/07/21 09:51 PM
This old dog
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:54 AM
How Fast Are You Going (When You're Standing Still
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:40 AM
Lazing in the Sun
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:35 AM
"I Need A Cadillac....Jack!"
by beechnut79. 09/07/21 10:33 AM
Pedal & Synth Expo Oct.2-3, 2021 Free, Outdoors
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/06/21 02:24 PM
Resource List (In Progress)
by Brian Austin Whitney. 09/06/21 12:40 AM
Blending Political Discourse, Conspiracy Theories,
by WilliamMahler. 09/05/21 09:49 PM
Eco-Heroes Contest, Artists, Lower Emissions
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/05/21 01:16 PM
"How Songs Get Cut" with Rand Bishop
by Gary E. Andrews. 09/04/21 08:54 PM
Rivers of Destiny
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 07:59 PM
my recording set up
by Bill Draper. 09/04/21 06:00 PM
They Live On
by rpirone. 09/04/21 05:51 PM
leftTop Posters(All Time)left
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#1174105 - 02/17/21 11:21 PM Or You Can Choose To Follow Me  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada


https://soundcloud.com/user-944741980/or-you-can-choose-to-follow-me

Or You Can Choose To Follow Me

I came upon a stranger
As I was walking on
He seemed to come from nowhere
Asked if He could walk along
As we got into talking
Somehow He knew my name
He said the road you’re walking down
Will only cause you pain
Or you can choose to follow Me

I said how could You know me
We’ve only met just now
You seem to see my future
I just don’t know how
He said I thought about you
Long before this day
There’s no one here to stop you now
From going down this way
Or you can choose to follow Me

The words He spoke haunted me
Could this be the truth?
I said how could You be so sure?
I needed some proof
Then He opened his hands

These are the scars of who you are
The scars that I now own
They are the scars of mercy
These scars can take you home
I know of what you’re thinking
This is your toughest choice
The world is there it’s calling you
That is the other voice
Or you can choose to follow Me

As I continued walking
My head was spinning around
I turned to ask a question
He was nowhere to be found
And I looked in all directions
To see where He had gone
And I wondered if we’d meet again
As his words kept on and on
Or you can choose to follow Me
Or you can choose to follow Me
Or you can choose to follow Me
Or you can choose to follow Me
© January 12, 2010


VNORTH2
#1174111 - 02/18/21 01:02 AM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,022
JAPOV Offline
Top 200 Poster
JAPOV  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,022
Decatur, Alabama
Great production as usual!

"These are the scars of who you are
The scars that I now own
They are the scars of mercy
These scars can take you home"

Good stuff! smile

#1174130 - 02/18/21 05:08 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1,813
Gavin Sinclair Offline
Top 200 Poster
Gavin Sinclair  Offline
Top 200 Poster

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1,813
Conover, North Carolina, USA
Great song and really professional sound. I like the touches of brass. I was struck by those same lines JAPOV quoted above, which are really powerful. A lot of religious themed/worship songs sound the same, but this is fresh and different. I see it is from 2010. Did you have any success with it? I could imagine church praise bands performing it.

#1174176 - 02/19/21 02:27 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,691
E Swartz Offline
E Swartz  Offline

Top 100 Poster

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,691
Ohio
V,

I really like the song--a lot of influences here from across the last few decades, yet I think it would still be appealing to our current pop music culture. Love how you go into the quick "Or you can choose to follow me." Nice arrangement, solid melody, well crafted effective bridge, and a cool intro as well. The caps gave away for me your theme, but I still think that will come through to a listener after listening a couple of times. There was a song I'd guess late 80's that this reminded me of, but I can't think of it--not a dupe by any means.

A great listen, nice job!

steady-eddie

#1174241 - 02/22/21 12:50 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: JAPOV]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by JAPOV
Great production as usual!

"These are the scars of who you are
The scars that I now own
They are the scars of mercy
These scars can take you home"

Good stuff! smile


Thank you JAPOV.

These are four lines that say a lot.I'm glad you highlighted them.

Steve


VNORTH2
#1174355 - 02/28/21 07:27 AM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: Gavin Sinclair]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
Great song and really professional sound. I like the touches of brass. I was struck by those same lines JAPOV quoted above, which are really powerful. A lot of religious themed/worship songs sound the same, but this is fresh and different. I see it is from 2010. Did you have any success with it? I could imagine church praise bands performing it.


Thanks, Gavin, for your comments, most appreciated. I think when you write about relationships, instead of just praise and worship, it can take a person down a different road lyrically and musically and that is what I have tried to do in my writings. I'm so glad that it came through as I hoped it would.

Steve


VNORTH2
#1176559 - 05/13/21 01:45 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: E Swartz]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by E Swartz
V,

I really like the song--a lot of influences here from across the last few decades, yet I think it would still be appealing to our current pop music culture. Love how you go into the quick "Or you can choose to follow me." Nice arrangement, solid melody, well crafted effective bridge, and a cool intro as well. The caps gave away for me your theme, but I still think that will come through to a listener after listening a couple of times. There was a song I'd guess late 80's that this reminded me of, but I can't think of it--not a dupe by any means.

A great listen, nice job!

steady-eddie


Thanks s-e for the listen and comments. Most appreciated.I think I let this one slip by,

Steve


VNORTH2
#1176687 - 05/19/21 02:05 AM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,142
IronKnee Offline
Top 500 Poster
IronKnee  Offline
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,142
Hawaii
Hey there Steve..........Love your work. I love the themes, so often found in your music.
We need more of it!
Great music and lyrics. Great performances, too!!

#1178129 - 06/29/21 07:56 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: IronKnee]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by IronKnee
Hey there Steve..........Love your work. I love the themes, so often found in your music.
We need more of it!
Great music and lyrics. Great performances, too!!


Thank you for the listen and the encouragement, most appreciated

Steve


VNORTH2
#1178150 - 06/30/21 02:20 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 819
Steve Altonian Online content
Top 500 Poster
Steve Altonian  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 819
Los Angeles, California
Love it...

High Plains Drifter vibe...

Great production, Spaghetti Christian Western feel is so cool


Steve Altonian---"I'll just do my best & let God do the rest"

http://www.stevealtonian.com
#1178181 - 07/01/21 01:21 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 201
Marilyn Oakley Offline
Serious Contributor
Marilyn Oakley  Offline
Serious Contributor

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 201
WIsconsin
Absolutely love this! Well written and love the music, great production. Kudos.

#1178222 - 07/02/21 04:08 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: Steve Altonian]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by Steve Altonian
Love it...

High Plains Drifter vibe...

Great production, Spaghetti Christian Western feel is so cool



Thanks Steve, love the Spaghetti Christian Western reference

Steve


VNORTH2
#1178819 - 07/21/21 01:52 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: Marilyn Oakley]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by Marilyn Oakley
Absolutely love this! Well written and love the music, great production. Kudos.


Thanks, Marilyn, for the listen and comment. Most appreciated,

Steve


VNORTH2
#1178983 - 07/25/21 06:07 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: VNORTH2]  
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 11,186
John Voorpostel Offline
Top 10 Poster
John Voorpostel  Offline
Top 10 Poster

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 11,186
Yeah great lyrical hook and associated musical hook...really sticks in your head

Altogether a really good song ...I know this sounds stupid at first, but I could'nt wait until the end to hear that over and over...and I was NOT disappointed in that desire...


If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop

My Youtube Channel <<<>>> iAccountant
#1179516 - 08/18/21 04:20 PM Re: Or You Can Choose To Follow Me [Re: John Voorpostel]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
VNORTH2 Online content
Top 500 Poster
VNORTH2  Online Content
Top 500 Poster

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Windsor, NS, Canada
Originally Posted by John Voorpostel
Yeah great lyrical hook and associated musical hook...really sticks in your head

Altogether a really good song ...I know this sounds stupid at first, but I could'nt wait until the end to hear that over and over...and I was NOT disappointed in that desire...



Thanks, John, for the listen and your kind words. Most appreciated. We're all given the choice..

Steve


VNORTH2
/forum/forumhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.jpfolks.com%2Fforum%2Fubbthreads.php%2Ftopics%2F1178983%2For-you-can-choose-to-follow-me.html
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0