Here's the latest update that's gone out to the ASC mailing list. I know there are a few people here who are interested, so I hope you don't mind me posting the information here too.

Australian Songwriters Conference:
Event Update!
28th February 2008

Hi there everyone,

It's been 12 long months in the planning, with lots of challenges and excitement here at ASC headquarters as we speed towards our first annual ASC - in just 14 weeks time! I'm so looking forward to meeting you all in June!

Here's the latest...

PUBLISHER PITCHING (No, you're not allowed to throw them!)
I've confirmed some AMAZING Publishers for you to pitch your songs to. This is it folks! If you have ever wanted the chance to put your bestsongs in front of the people who actively seek material for artists, bands, films and TV, this is where you need to be! Have you got the right stuff? Great! Now all you need is to be heard, right? Here is the list of Publishers we've confirmed so far - and I believe we are incredibly fortunate to have the best in the business for our event:

Matthew Donlevy - Peer Music
Keith Welsh - Rough Cut Music
Peter Paterson - Shock Music Publishing
Ralph Carr - Standard Music Publishing
Simon Moor - Sony/ATV
John Clifford - Vitamin A (Production arm of Universal MP Aust.)

...and there are more Publisher confirmations on the way. Bios and photos will hit the website soon but I recommend you start doing your research online NOW. Get to know who these power brokers of publishing are, and get your absolute BEST songs ready for pitching. Demo CD's will be the preference for the song pitch sessions during the event. A separate email will be sent out soon to the Attendees mailing list with information about the pitching process.

PRO SPEAKERS AND MENTORS
Wow! I'm so excited about the wonderful positive response I get when speaking with prospective Faculty members. We have some incredibly talented and generous songwriters and industry professionals joining us, and I know their experience, knowledge and wisdom will benefit all of us as we strive to become better at our craft.

I'm still confirming Speakers and Mentors, but those I've confirmed so far are:

Jason Blume - US Hit Songwriter (Pop, R&B, Country) Author, Teacher
Phil Buckle - Hit Songwriter (Rock, Pop, Production)
Mystery Guest TBC - Hit Songwriter (Country)
Gary Pinto - Hit Songwriter (Pop, R&B/Urban, Christian)
Bill Chambers - Pro Songwriter, Producer (Blues, Roots, Folk)
Ray Burton (Mentor) - Hit Songwriter
Mystery Guest TBC (Mentor) - Hit Songwriter
Adrian Hannan - Hit Producer
Di Torossian - Publishing/A&R Expert
Jules Munro - Music Industry Lawyer

Photos and bios for all the new confirmations will hit the website soon.

SONG CONTEST
Now that the majority of Faculty is in place, I will be announcing the Song Contest shortly. I'm still working on the prizes, but it will be short and sweet and for attendees only, so sign up for the conference ASAP to be part of the song contest in a few weeks time. The prize for the best song overall will include a full refund of your conference
package fee! Wooo Hooo!

MEDIA
All being well, there will be a few articles and interviews coming up in the trade and street magazines and also on radio about the ASC, but our advertising budget is extremely tight, so I need your help to make this event the best it can be. Please tell your friends about it, call your local radio station, drop an email to your local newspaper or music organisation - and ask them to let songwriters in your area know about the Australian Songwriters Conference. This event is the first of its kind to be held in Australia and I want all our songwriters around the country to have the opportunity to be part of our wonderful
inaugural event.

Media can be directed to the ASC website at:
www.australiansongwritersconference.com.au

or directly to me:
Mobile: 0412 149 094
Email lisa@australiansongwritersconference.com.au.

I really appreciate your help with this, so thanks in advance!

SIGNING UP
There are still a few Early Bird Specials available, so if you'd like extra song pitch opportunities and a personal, one-on-one critique session with US Hit Songwriter, Best Selling Author and international teacher, Jason Blume, sign up soon at the website. Oh - and don't forget about the 15% discount off conference packages for members of selected organisations. Check out the website for details and contact me if you have any questions.

See you in 14 weeks!

Warm regards,
Lisa smile

Lisa Butler
Founder/Coordinator
Australian Songwriters Conference

PO Box 122
Woy Woy NSW 2256
Australia

Phone within Australia: 02) 43443260
From outside Australia: +61 2 43443260 (GMT +11 hours)
Mobile: 0412 149 094

E-mail: lisa@AustralianSongwritersConference.com.au