I use a thing called a VOLUME KNOB to make my stereo speakers louder or quieter. It is really quite useful. Have none of you heard of such a thing?
I do not want pre-recorded distortion on the music I play.

A little true story to illustrate my point.
The band were unloading a huge ammount of PA gear into a club. When the owner spotted us he said that he thought it was a lot of gear for a small club like his and hoped we would not be too loud. We told him that all the equipment was not for volume just for quality of sound. After the first song he marched over to us and said "Hey son Could you turn the quality down a bit."