Richard brings up a really nasty reality

WITH and I quote:////////////////////////////////////////////////
they want the new talent to sound like the last talent because the last talent made lots of money. Everyone insists that you tell them who you sound like END QUOTE...
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Amem Brother Richard!

This alone drives me nuts!!! I keep getting asked who I sound like... ARGHHHHH!! I sound like me.. Of course thay do not want to hear that! I actaully have had material turned down because
I refused to answer that question. Some of the submission areas of certain companys ask that question and if you do not answer it
your dis qualified and of course this brings up the question of
what of there is no one who sounds like you? Your screwed..

Over the years as a performer / Strolling Toubador I have for many years sang cover tunes. Sometimes duplicating the voice of the artist. I have been blessed with the abilty to sound like many different artists.. however when I sing original material
I revert to my own voice. You would think that thats what these supposed A&R guys would want originality

Case in point.. I just had another song turned down at TAXI because in the A&R guys ears.. I sound dated.. not like the current hot artist he's comparing me to. Funny my fans don't feel that way.. it's one of my most requested songs. Oh well
I am not going to worry about it. It takes all kinds..I have found what one person likes another person does not.

and you can re submit songs and each time get a totally different
review depending on who the reviewer is.. I know I have 4 totally diffrent reviews on one song.. and all of them have completly different reasons as to why I was not forwarded.

So why can't we just sound like us and be accepted?
I really do not know that answer.. any ideas why we must all be clones?

seems to me:
The music business is being run by a bunch of used car salesmen who have not a clue as to whats good and waht is bad.
Only as Richard stated what made them money last time

your only a stranger once after that a new found friend
http://cdbaby.com/cd/larryread
http://www.LarryReadsMusic.com
Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Audio Engineer BMI &
Audio Engineering Society Member