One of the best "melody" composers of all time has to be Brian Wilson. My fav song that he wrote was "God Only Knows." Although I really like his original version, I really liked what Neil Diamond did with his cover of the song slowing the tempo down and giving it a different dynamic feel. My cover was more influenced by the Neil Diamond version but it's still Brian Wilson's melody and music/lyrics. I really like how this song changes keys in a unorthodox way--the chords are uniquely sculpted which just would "never" flow out easily when writing this music--Wilson was gifted.

I posting a cover just to hopefully draw in some JPF songwriters to wake up who are gathering dust on their shelves! I originally had planned to record a flute to handle the accompaniment of the guitars along with solos. I used a falsetto voice on those parts and some harmonies to demonstrate to my orchestra session guru as to what I wanted from him.......he said he really liked just using the falsetto vocals--so I did! (saved me some money)......I thought I may some day add some strings and perhaps a real flute solo, but for now, I've moved on. Hope you enjoy my version of Brian Wilson's classic.

Credits: vocals, acoustic 12 string, production--e.swartz
classical guitar, Colin Ward

God Only Knows (13th song down list)

Intro – flute (Never have done)

Vs. 1
I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I’ll make you so sure about it

Ch.
God only knows what I’d be, without you
(Brief flute/guitar interlude)
Vs.2
If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

Repeat - Ch. Twice (flute solo superseded by guitar solo returning to flute for solo summary)
Repeat vs. two
Repeat- Ch. Twice (brief flute/guitar interlude)