Originally Posted by couchgrouch
FD, what you said about demos isn't true. Plenty of awful songwriters pay hundreds to have places like County Q demo their tunes in Nashville but pubs instantly know the difference in a good or bad song. It's a shame worktapes can't be pitched, but it's no skin off my rhymes. That's the biz now.

And you could pay Mike to demo your sports song and it would sound good while remaining an utter piece of mediocre crap. Part of me was shocked that after all your pontificating about music, you posted that thing. Wow, is it bad.

Another part of me wasn't shocked. I've encountered quite a few know-it-alls in my twenty years on these sites. Not a single one of them could write. You're just the latest in a really long line.

Mike does exactly what a pro producer does, make his clients' songs better. How good they end up being often depends on how good they were to begin with. But that's the same with every producer back to the guy who recorded Charlie Patton in a railroad shack.

Get off the internet. Learn to write and then SHOW us by example what your wisdom is worth. After that sports song, you're Rachel Maddow...ZERO credibility.

Look at this, the guy gets offended, even by not being mentioned. Shut the hell up about you being the king of lyric writing, ok? You write frikon words on a paper, and you insult me, you hang in the shadows without saying a word, which is extremely helpful. You tell a guy his lay a smile on me is good, just so you could ensure feedback on your next tune.

Furthermore, you have been saying for years that youre done writing, you keep coming back. Cause nobody gives a damn about your lyrics except here, so where the hell else would you go, and nowadays they dont even give a damn because all they care about is the recording.

I sing better than you, i write better melodies than you, I play guitar better than you, I play piano better than you, I play drums better than you, I write music better than you all you do is write long winded stories to try to force somebody to make songs out of them. You are coming off as an authority now.

Get off the internet and show us a song you wrote, recorded and performed yourself, then come and insult me you jackass. On top of it, you dont even think a good song has been written in 30 years, except YOURS.

This is a classic example of NOT saying whats on your mind. If he thinks my songs suck, that means he must think everybody here sucks except himself. But he doesnt say anything, he comes to be praised. And hiding what you REALLY think, all that does is help YOU right? Cause if you did go into everybodys lyric and express it youd have zero replies.

You're true feelings have been observed, everybody knows you think everybody sucks now.

But there's a reason why the only place you can go with your music is this site, you're not good enough to make it.

P. S. your latest COUNTRY song sucks, plain and simple. Lets be clear, the only reason he opined in this thread was because he feels his songs with Mike, are far better than other peoples songs with Mike. That's the ONLY reason he lashed out.

Last edited by Fdemetrio; 04/02/19 12:55 PM.