Couch,

I understand where you're coming from. And I don't mean to discredit your opinion of the song or your motivations for expressing it . . . you're entitled to both it and the right to express it--and by all means you should stand by it; I'm not looking to change your mind. And I truly appreciate there's a lot more context here that's in play regarding past history, and other not so fair or, in my view, accurate remarks on the value of contributions made by fellow posters. It's a history that goes back, it seems, much further than my time here.

But, notwithstanding the merit of those other considerations, if you at all appreciate where I am coming from with my view above--that we can be both supportive, respectful and substantive in our comments, notwithstanding our personal preferences (and, again, I believe we generally are). . . then perhaps you can also appreciate why I felt the need on this thread to specifically address your comment above on the song in question. I would have felt hypocritical not doing so . . . which is not to say that I don't agree with you about other aspects of your post.

And just so I'm clear on that last point . . . I respect the hell out of Mike Z. and his immense talent. He's been a supportive and measurable influence on me in my short time here, for which I'm immensely grateful. Plus 1 on that point as well.

My best to you, Robert,

Deej