JPF Home Page
Posted By: donnoble Brian, When you get to Tampa - 06/03/07 12:16 AM
Brian,
There's a wonderful woman who (against all odds) is surviving with an Internet Radio Station in the Tampa area. Ms. Goody Haines, and her address is www.goodyonthego.com, then hit the mellow melodies box. Goody raffled off a green classical guitar to raise money to keep Mellow Melodies on the air for the next year. To make the guitar more personal, many area JPF'ers as well as members from the Friends of Florida Folk Organization autographed it.

Out of dumb luck I won the guitar last Sunday at a picnic in Clearwater. Goody and I are still adding autographs to the guitar, and when we get to 100, she's making up a plaque of everyone who had signed it. We're close, about 96 and counting. Brian, when you get to Tampa next month, I'm saving the last little spot for you. I would like you to be the 100th signature. So Brian if you find this, send me a note.

Goody features a lot of our local talent and I even have a song of mine on her show that plays until next Wednesday. Please everyone, tune-in and listen. It's an on demand mp3 format that she works very hard to produce every week.

Don Noble
Tampa Chapter

p.s. anyone who would like to support internet radio, go to www.savenetradio.org.
Hi Don,

Just remind me and I'd love to add to the count. Thanks for inviting me!

Brian
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards