JPF Home Page
Posted By: mandyc19 Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/27/05 01:22 AM
I just read about Ashlee in us weekly. Those guys at the football game were total jerks. She said she wishes the critics will pick on someone else and i agree. Do you think MTV is gonna play the boo on her show? It's on after Newlyweds again right? I hope they let her tell her side!

Mandy
Posted By: Michael Hollomon Re: Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/28/05 06:41 AM
Hi,
Are you for real? Do you think that she has any real talent? She wouldn't even get in to see Simon! Don't you see she is just a marketing effort to sell whatever??? Talk to me! Let me say this. You are here on this board. Mega talent here. This is real. Ashlee? She is the Matrix.
Posted By: bullchik Re: Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/28/05 09:17 AM
Ashlee made the first mistake of leaving her very decent TV series to try music like her big sister. When she was compared to her she dyed her hair to hide just one of the very obvious similarities.
Then she made her little faux paus on Saturday night live.
Even if she has any talent, and she may, she has an obvious identity crisis going on AND she has made mistakes of Dixie Chick-like porportions.
It will be some time before folks will take her seriously again.
Posted By: scottandrew Re: Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/28/05 11:25 PM
LOL! mandyc19's post is a total fake. Ashlee's team hired a company to post that exact same message all over the internet.

Check out this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...re+total+jerks%22&btnG=Google+Search

All the postings are identical. Fun stuff, eh?

Amazing. They actually have to hire a team and pay them money to pretend to be fans defending Ashlee, 'cause no one else will. [Linked Image]

UPDATE: actually, I can't say for sure that Ashlee's team hired people to do this, as no company has been "outed" for this yet. But the prevailing belief is that these postings are bought and paid for, and public opinion is what counts here.

------------------
Scott Andrew
Lo-fi acoustic pop superhero!
http://www.scottandrew.com/music

[This message has been edited by scottandrew (edited 01-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by scottandrew (edited 01-28-2005).]
Posted By: Jerry Jakala Re: Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/28/05 11:37 PM
I ran across this web site this morning.
www.stopashlee.com
It is a petition to get her to stop with her singing career.
I stepped on my friends dogs foot by accident this morning.
The howl really sounded familiar.

Jerry

------------------
Jerry Jakala
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: Ashlee Simpson’s new show… - 01/29/05 11:59 PM
I find it especially refreshing that JPF members are able to spot this kind of thing.

I'd post my opinion of Ashlee Simpson, but I don't want to waste my energy.

Good detective work, Scott! [Linked Image]

Emily
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards