JPF Home Page
How do I. Get recording company's read my songs?
You mean record companies/ music publishers? They don't read lyrics. Lyrics aren't songs until music is added. Music publishers expect finished products/ recordings. And even then, most won't accept unsolicited material. Best that you find a musician to work with. Your lyrics need meter/form/ structure. What you posted here sounds more like a story. Remember that other thread that I posted an example of proper structured lyrical form. Look at Jackie 444's lyrics here: http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthr...e-moon-comments-welcome.html#Post1054121 Until you get your lyrics in this form, I doubt you'll find a musician to work with.

I hope you take this advice positively. It’s meant only to help you. Keep writing Michelle. You have the spirit for it.

Best, John smile
John is correct in that you have to have finished, well recorded songs.
And record companies are only interested in ARTISTS with well established fan bases.
Since you need artists more than they need you (or if you are an artist, see my reply on your other post.)
you will have to seek them out. Make sure you are good at what you do.

For every hour you spend writing, recording, performing, etc. you spend ten hours networking, building and nurturing relationships, and personal interaction.

MAB
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards