JPF Home Page
As I sailed my little ship off into the great beyond (i.e. sent my CD Japanese Bathhouse off for submission), I had no idea it would find such a welcoming harbor. In the vast sea of submissions, I was so certain I hadn't received any nominations that my first alert of the good news actually came from a friend congratulating me, the most pleasant of surprises.

Cabaret Album: Japanese Bathhouse
Cabaret Song: Japanese Bathhouse
Cabaret Song: Smile
Vocal Jazz Song: Dolores

I will be doing my darndest to make it to the awards, though bleary-eyed we may be, shlepping from St Petersburg, FL.

From the first moment I heard of Just Plain Folks, I have been so happy that this amazing organization is in this world. New to the Tampa/St Pete area, it wasn't long before I got the sense of how passionate the area musicians feel about JPF. You strengthen musical communities everywhere. Many thanks!

xo,
Rebecca Zapen
------
www.zapen.com
www.myspace.com/zapen
www.cdbaby.com/all/rzapen
www.sonicbids.com/rebeccazapen
Hi Rebbeca,

We loved your album when we first heard it and we were really pleased that it did well in the nominations Rebbeca! It had several more songs in the running that just missed getting nominated including one in Modern Rock! = ) (We put ethereal sounding songs in there as well as Quirky songs).

Congrats on all of them! I hope we'll see you at the awards show along with some of your Tampa Bay area peers!

Brian

© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards