JPF Home Page

Downloading Music for CD Question???

Posted By: John Lawrence Schick

Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 06/21/18 02:43 PM

Hey all you techies!

I have a neighbor that wants to purchase a CD with all his favorite songs on. What's the best website for this? I don't want free downloads. The neighbor's willing to pay for the downloads.

John smile
Posted By: niteshift

Re: Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 06/21/18 03:43 PM

Hey John,

Don't worry about downloads. Get him to join Spotify for free. He can stream those songs, plus others over and over at any time. If he doesn't want ads, he can have premium which he can download as many songs as he wishes to his device, if he wishes to "own" them.

CD's are gone. Buy him a memory stick for about $5 and he can fill it till his heart is content.

If he wishes to be a Luddite, he can then burn the songs to CD. ( hopefully not )

cheers, niteshift

Re: Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 06/21/18 03:48 PM

He's not online Nite. Doesn't even own a computer. Just wants to play a CD with all his favorite tunes. I don't want to download music on my computer. Sounds like an ideal way to ship viruses.

John smile
Posted By: Ray E. Strode

Re: Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 06/22/18 02:11 PM

Humm,
I assume he wants to have a variety of different songs by different artists on different labels. Not sure there is such a service. If there is, I haven't heard of it.

Re: Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 06/22/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ray E. Strode
Humm,
I assume he wants to have a variety of different songs by different artists on different labels. Not sure there is such a service. If there is, I haven't heard of it.

That's exactly what he wants Ray. If I can download the wav files, I can compile the CD.

John smile
Posted By: jane_song

Re: Downloading Music for CD Question??? - 10/11/19 08:17 AM

Not sure whether it's prohibited to recommend anything (considering that I'm a newbie here) or not. But I've been using a site called MP3caprice com It probably won't have everything your neighbour is looking for, but it's got a decent selection. It's about 12 cents per song/$1.20 per album, and you get an MP3, which you can save, backup, or whatever you like - and if you lose/delete them, you can re-download.
There may be better alternatives out there, but it's probably cheaper than iTunes.
© 2020 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards