JPF Home Page

Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road...

Posted By: Douglas Murphy

Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road... - 11/09/17 01:36 AM

quite comfortable with what Band In The Box can do you me musically. Started looking and have had one performance at an Open Mike and that had me thinking about using the 'real tracks' to create a base track of instruments to accompany me during a performance. What kind of set up would you imagine? Me I 'see' a laptop, mixer and a good speaker that could do the music justice as I sing into the mike and speaker provided by the club. Comments and or suggestions?

Douglas
Posted By: Barry David Butler

Re: Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road... - 11/09/17 02:09 PM

I think you have covered it Doug.....Many people do this...I wish I could use Band in the Box but it's too expensive. I've always used an 8 track like the one I have now and it's a Boss 900. I've never recorded on the computer but now I'm thinking of it as I can't upload a cd to my computer in order to post my songs. I don't know anything about recording right on the computer...How much did the BIB cost you and is it hard to do. Good Luck playing. There is no place to play live here where live...

Re: Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road... - 11/09/17 11:55 PM

Barry, go to PG music all the details are there. The software is easy to use after a bit, the curve gets easier the more you play with it. Along with that, I use Audacity where I drag and drop the different instruments into there own tracks that can be played with the effects options. You will also need a decent USB mike to record your vocals. I am in the process of learning myself, Youtube is great for both, PG Music is very helpful and there are some here that give great advice.

Douglas
Posted By: Vicarn

Re: Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road... - 11/10/17 12:05 PM

I have used a loop player (boss) to play BIAB wav tracks at a couple of local gigs but I prefer now to just play guitar or get some accompaniment from a friend or two.
If you want to use BIAB it's best to keep them simple, e.g. drum, bass and one lead instrument to remind you where the verse or chorus starts, just in case you get carried away like me.
Too many instrument tracks sound false.

Vic

Re: Thinking of Taking the Band on the Road... - 11/11/17 11:28 AM

thank you Vic. good advice.

Douglas
© 2017 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards