JPF Home Page
I'm becoming more and more obsessed with this band. Stuff like this is the reason why. Not only a beautiful song, but the production is so inventive, creative, and detailed. Just brilliant.
Even if you are not a fan of the band or the song, if you do any sort of production work (which I assume you do or you wouldn't be in here), you should watch this.
Inspiring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7oGenbp2I
Wow - that is interesting. I bet those Aaaah voices could be done in a few hours on a digital system instead of several weeks on tape.
Originally Posted by Colin Ward
I bet those Aaaah voices could be done in a few hours on a digital system instead of several weeks on tape.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad they took the time to do it, though.
hey yeah,i heard how they done this back in the day but never saw the documentary,pretty awesome.Glad you posted it Todd!Mike
saw this awhile back, amazing what determination can do for you in the face of technical limitations.
Hey Todd,

Thanks for posting that mate. It sure goes to show that simplicity sure does take a heck of a lot of work.

Those vocals are just magic, the artefact is like the sound of falling snow.

Yes, just brilliant.

cheers, niteshift

PS - gotta love smoking in the studio. To my recollection, it was banned here in about 1993.
The BBC made a documentary about their recording of Wall Street Shuffle for a schools program at the time. I saw it while I was off school ill one morning and it probably set me on the road I'm travelling today. It was may first view of what really goes on in a studio - and 10cc were masters at making the most of the technology.
I'm a generation under most of you but knew some older people that knew someone that got in to 10cc. They were also played on college radio a lot before the term indie was coined.
Their history is of a British supergroup that grew tired of the the singles format.
They have something different and interesting to listen to with each album. From Sheet Music to the more pop friendly 10 out of 10, that the radio market unjustly overlooked.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards