JPF Home Page
Posted By: Graham Henderson (D) A drumless Blues Bed Track - 11/04/07 04:48 AM
A drummer asked me to supply some drumless beds for him to practice against as most beds on the net have drums, and most are fade finishes, and it is very hard to fade drums live I am sure.
This one is in B minor, and is the bed for my I Am So Ugly song.
It has 2 bar bass walk ito the 4 bar intro and ia all 8 bar turnarounds at 120 BPM.
I will be putting a few up, and hope it is useful to some.
Link:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=7032&songID=5937427
Graham
Posted By: Mike Dunbar Re: A drumless Blues Bed Track - 11/05/07 06:19 PM
These will be helpful. Robert Johnson, arguably the most important Blues artist of all time, was never recorded with drums or bass.

All the Best,
Mike
Posted By: Graham Henderson (D) Re: A drumless Blues Bed Track - 11/06/07 02:41 AM
Yep. And most of his music is now known because others re did it with a full band approach, leading a lot of listeners to trace the songs back to their roots.Thanks Mike.
The drummer I did this for is stoked with it.
As is his lady who was a songwriter trying to get out as I introduced them to soundtrek Jammer which i used to make this on.
Last Sunday, I downloaded the demo to their computer, and while getting him started, I sang one of the girl's poemes to one of the backings, so they are both hooked on jammer now, and as she really knows how to string words, and he is a pretty good drummer, i am expecting to hear great things fr0om them in the future.
They were both spectators at jams beforte other than the odd bang around by the bloke, who is too busy in mainstreet to be in a band.
He is now making drum along tracks of his own, and she is worried her hpouse work is going to get neglected as she has boxes full of poems she always felt could sing, and now has the means to try them out.
By the way Mike.
I sing a cover song, among several of my own songs, to this bed (with drums). Can you pick it?
Graham
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards