JPF Home Page
Hey Mike,

Looks like we don't have a lot of drummers or bass players round here. Can we spice this up a bit?

Brian
I posted a directory a couple of weeks ago and got zero replies. I've sent another email to some of the guys I know. I'll write an article this week on rhythm sections for the JPNotes. Also, I'll check the search engines for bass and drums and see how quick we come up. I'll get back here and let you know.

Mike

------------------
Mike Dunbar Music
wow.. that was fast!

I wish I knew the secret to getting people to communicate with each other.. there's nothing but upside to your career in knowing everyone you can.. but it's definitely not an easy point to get across apparently..

Brian
People sure are funny. All the musicians I know are complaining about the job situation, yet no one is networking.

I'm reminded of a neighbor I once had. She was unemployed and would ask me often if I could help her find a job as a waitress in one of the clubs where I played. After telling her several times that I had nothing to do with hiring waitresses, I finally got an idea how to get her to stop asking me. I told her I could get her a job at one particularly nice club, all she'd have to do was knock on my door, ready for work, at 7am the next morning and we'd go to the club. Needless to say, she didn't show, and that was the last time she asked me to help her get work.

------------------
Mike Dunbar Music
People sure are funny!

Brian, the secret is to have the lord or somebody reply to the first reply!

I added some spice but got no tasters, not even from the cook.

John Daubert
Now I understand what your post meant, John, If you want me to reply, then talk to me. I thought you were referring to Brian, and frankly, didn't understand your post.

I don't always reply in a timely manner. Sometimes I wait for more than one post, sometimes I'm busy or out of town. Sometimes I'm too lazy. But, if you need a reply, ask...and ask me.

All the Best,
Mike

P.S.
I've replied to your posts and am anxiously awaiting my re-reply [Linked Image]

------------------
Mike Dunbar Music

[This message has been edited by Mike Dunbar (edited 05-13-2003).]
One cool person you are Mike!
OK, then off we go!

And, I understand.

Thanks!

John Daubert
Posted By: Yanko Re: Hey Mike.. what's up in Bass and Drums? - 02/11/04 02:05 PM
THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY is here BRIAN & MIKE
I got hooked up on JPF on Jan 2004.

I bring 33 year's of ( Paying My Due's )
I started in 1970 ---
First band's name I got with
THE LOST SOUL's

Now I'm with JESUS CHRIST Disciple's
JCD
---------------------------------------------

I have a 1966 set of LUG's --- 5 pic

On the demo I am playing ( BASS )
My step son is playing drum's
www.soundclick.com/jcd

So I'm glad you all have this post.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yanko (edited 02-14-2004).]
Posted By: Sammy Re: Hey Mike.. what's up in Bass and Drums? - 02/24/04 04:27 PM
This is the first time I've looked at this subject on the boards. Even though I have been playing bass since 1970 and bass is the instrument I play 99% of the time on stage, I rarely research or read any bass stuff. There are only so many hours in a day and most of my efforts have been concentrated on songwriting, recording, and promoting.

------------------
Stone Marmot
www.stonemarmot.com
Stone Marmot on Soundclick
Alternative pop-rock music:
Definitely rock, somewhat pop, but a bit more experimental.
Sammy,

I hear you. I go through periods where I read every issue of Bass Player Magazine and check out all the online sites, then I go through times where all I do in what little spare time I have left is read a book.

Currently, I spend my extra time here at JPF, at least I get a little music done.

All the Best,
Mike

------------------
Mike Dunbar Music
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards