JPF Home Page
Posted By: Rick Heenan I need a new guitar - 10/29/13 11:18 PM
I've got a couple of guitars in the closet that don't get much attention. One is a Fender Pawn Shop and the other is a Taylor 12. Can't play the 12 because of carpel tunnel syndrome. Looking at a Gretch Tennessee Rose. Might have to trade one or both in. Or do I just splurge and get it too?
Posted By: PopTodd Re: I need a new guitar - 10/30/13 02:26 AM
If you can't play the 12... trade in the 12!
No reason for it to just take up space. Unless you are planning on having the CTS taken care of soon.
Posted By: Colin Ward Re: I need a new guitar - 11/11/13 02:47 PM
Which Fender Pawn Shop is it? I would think it would be as playable as the Gretsch. Of course, if you are dying for the Gretsch, might as well sell or trade the others. Like a used car, trading a guitar in does not get you the best price....but it does get it off your hands.
Posted By: Rick Heenan Re: I need a new guitar - 11/14/13 06:10 PM
The fender pawn shop is a surf green strat body with an f hole and a tele neck, 2 humbuckers. It is fun to play but I play in a plugged in acoustic trio, , mandolin, guitar and bass. It just don't look right.

I think I'm going to sell them outright and take my time looking for a new one.
Posted By: Rick Heenan Re: I need a new guitar - 05/04/14 01:54 AM
Well, I kept the other two guitars and got a Godin 5th Avenue. Dayum!
Posted By: maccharles Re: I need a new guitar - 05/04/14 06:38 AM
Nice, I just saw this thread and was going to suggest not selling, if at all possible......always good to have a diverse stable of rigs.
Posted By: Tom W. Re: I need a new guitar - 05/04/14 06:46 PM
Rick,

Probably something you have already thought about or maybe even had done already but have you had a good pro set up done on your 12 string? I have a vintage Washburn 12 that was a bear to play but after having some much needed work done it is much more manageable. Taylor's, in general from my experience are great guitars. Lowering the action might be the answer if you really want to keep it. If not, I'd have to agree it dosen't make much sence to hang on to it. I'm actually from the Lockport area and know a few individuals who do a great job if you are ever looking for someone to have work done. Best of luck with it!

Tom W.
Posted By: Rick Heenan Re: I need a new guitar - 05/08/14 08:37 PM
I really do have GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome)and MIAS (Musical Instrument Acquisition Syndrome). The biggest problem is running out of room to keep them.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards