JPF Home Page

SOCAN surprise

Posted By: Everett Adams

SOCAN surprise - 05/18/20 12:25 PM

Got my PRO statement from SOCAN and opened it up expecting the usual twenty to thirty dollars that I get each quarter, but was pleasantly surprised to find it several hundreds of dollars. and what surprised me more was where it was earned, in the UK and Japan. Earned in radio, TV and concert, Don't know how but I'll take it.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D)

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/18/20 01:55 PM

Hi Everett:

ASCAP appears to be "playing the same game" and all my "windfall" came from across the pond as well. Surprisingly, most of it came from my Gospel Music in the Netherlands. Go figure???

Now they are singing the blues to congress... wanting a handout because of the Pandemic. I doubt if there will be any further payments until the economy is back at full stride.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/18/20 02:26 PM

Congratulations Everette! Glad to see your successes.

Best, John smile

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/18/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Hi Everett:

ASCAP appears to be "playing the same game" and all my "windfall" came from across the pond as well. Surprisingly, most of it came from my Gospel Music in the Netherlands. Go figure???

Now they are singing the blues to congress... wanting a handout because of the Pandemic. I doubt if there will be any further payments until the economy is back at full stride.

Yikes, don't say that Dave. I haven't seen one cue sheet appear in over two weeks. The last time that happened was over five years ago. Wonder if they laid-off their cue sheet personel? Did I say "YIKES"!?

Best, John smile
Posted By: Dave Rice (D)

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/18/20 09:37 PM

Wouldn't surprise me, John:

Glad I'm retired. The distance routine is beginning to wear me down, though. I've started at least three songs and just can't bring myself to "get back in there" and finish the darn things!

Stay safe, be happy and optimistic, like me! LOL!

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/19/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Wouldn't surprise me, John:

Glad I'm retired. The distance routine is beginning to wear me down, though. I've started at least three songs and just can't bring myself to "get back in there" and finish the darn things!

Stay safe, be happy and optimistic, like me! LOL!

Thanks Dave! Now, start by finishing one of those songs tomorrow.

Best, John smile

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/19/20 10:46 AM

Thanks Dave and John. About 50/50 for me, some was country genre some gospel. All overseas, hardly any in this part of the world.
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/25/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Everett Adams
Got my PRO statement from SOCAN and opened it up expecting the usual twenty to thirty dollars that I get each quarter, but was pleasantly surprised to find it several hundreds of dollars. and what surprised me more was where it was earned, in the UK and Japan. Earned in radio, TV and concert, Don't know how but I'll take it.

Good for you, Everett! What a wonderful surprise. smile

Donna

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/26/20 10:28 AM

Thanks Donna, appreciate it. You put songs out there and you never know where they may turn up. LOL
Posted By: Irwin

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/31/20 05:05 AM

I am happy for you too Everette! Congratulations Glad to hear about someone having a surprise of such nature.

Re: SOCAN surprise - 05/31/20 09:40 AM

Thank you Irwin, appreciate that. Hope you are keeping safe and well.
Posted By: EasyHero

Re: SOCAN surprise - 07/22/20 04:51 PM

Let's hope it's only the start of something big!

Michael
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards