JPF Home Page

Success in a way

Posted By: Everett Adams

Success in a way - 06/24/19 01:01 PM

If getting songs heard and making money on them is considered success, then I've had some success. I have hundreds of songs on CCLI and churches from the USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Korea, Australia and New Zealand, plus a few other countries are using them. I received cheques for the first six months in the four figures, never quite made the five figures, maybe the next six months will put me there. One can always hope.LOL
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn

Re: Success in a way - 06/24/19 02:40 PM

Then you're a professional, Everett. Well done. smile

Donna
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick

Re: Success in a way - 06/24/19 02:53 PM

Cool Everett! I see the CCL displayed on all our songs at church.

Best, John smile

Re: Success in a way - 06/25/19 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaMarilyn
Then you're a professional, Everett. Well done. smile

Donna

Thanks Donna.

Re: Success in a way - 06/25/19 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by John Lawrence Schick
Cool Everett! I see the CCL displayed on all our songs at church.

Best, John smile

Thanks John. That is a question I've been meaning to ask. For some reason in my church they no longer show the song title, writers name or the CCLI number for the song. My understanding is that it is a requirement by copyright law. I guess I am going to have to confront my church and ask why. I don't want them getting in trouble but they should be following to law. Now I don't expect to see my name up there because like Jesus said, a prophet is with out honour in his own town (church).
Posted By: maccharles

Re: Success in a way - 06/28/19 02:12 AM

Well done Everett, in my considered opinion...making any amount of money from your work is at the very least "semi" if not "fully" professional.

Not to mention, listens, comments and all manner of influence your work may be having on those who hear it.

Re: Success in a way - 06/28/19 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by maccharles
Well done Everett, in my considered opinion...making any amount of money from your work is at the very least "semi" if not "fully" professional.

Not to mention, listens, comments and all manner of influence your work may be having on those who hear it.

Thank you very much. At my stage in life, money is not my gauge of success, nice to have but knowing I may be touching someone in a good way is more important. Keep writing, you may never know whom you are reaching in a good way, maybe in the next life you will. God bless.
Posted By: Ray E. Strode

Re: Success in a way - 07/06/19 01:47 AM

Success, you say,
Eh, well several years ago my number 2 grandson borrowed my electric drill. Well wouldn't you know it, when he returned it he lost the charger! So today I had some chargers from things I had bought but no longer had or something. The Drill is a 7.2 Volt unit. I had one that had a positive output but is 12 volts. I could not tell after extensive research what the drill took. a positive or negative input. So I decided to plug the 12 Volt with a positive output in the drill. Eureka it worked. The battery in the drill charged. So a little success here and there. Write a Hit!

Re: Success in a way - 07/06/19 11:10 AM

Nothing ventured nothing gained. No one knows what will click with the public when it comes to music.
Posted By: Joanne Lurgio

Re: Success in a way - 10/09/19 12:07 AM

Being Heard AND being Paid! That's really great!
Enjoy
Joanne

Re: Success in a way - 10/09/19 01:29 PM

Hi Joanne, thank you for chiming in, appreciate it.
Posted By: beechnut79

Re: Success in a way - 12/27/19 06:11 PM

Happy 60th birthday Joanne. Will have to listen to some of your stuff sometime soon. Peace.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D)

Re: Success in a way - 12/29/19 03:21 PM

Proud of you, Everett:

It isn't just the income, although that is probably the greatest measure of success... it is the fact that your songs will survive you. In future years, your offspring will be able to say, "See what my Great-great-grampa did!"

I would call that a sort of immortality... a way of leaving your mark on this planet we call Earth!

Happy New Year, my friend. ----Dave

Re: Success in a way - 12/30/19 12:58 PM

Thank you Dave, I appreciate you more than you know. We all touch this world every day, Some more greatly than others, some in a good way, some in a bad way, only time will tell to what extent.
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards