JPF Home Page
Posted By: Scott Campbell Farewell Summer album completed - 07/29/18 04:57 PM
[Linked Image]

Anybody and his brother can make an album available these days. So why do I consider this a success?

I consider it a success because I allowed it to keep my attention for ten years - which is when I wrote the first song for this project. There have been times in the intervening years that I was pretty sure this one wouldn't ever be finished, but I woke up one day and it was. Something to be said for staying the course, I reckon. smile

Thanks to many of you for the encouragement on this over the years. A couple of you expressed an interest in hearing the final product - here's a link:

Free download at https://swcampbell.bandcamp.com/album/farewell-summer

Scott
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 07/29/18 06:15 PM
It's a success cause you did something about it, and did what you wanted to do.

Congrats on it, I will download it when I get a chance.
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 08/03/18 09:29 AM
Hey Scott, now that's what you call perseverance ! Make sure to distribute it digitally. Something like $9.95 and it goes everywhere. Colin has just picked up a new distributor whom I don't know, but it's on every streaming service on the planet.

And besides, it would be cool to add to my Spotify playlist. smile Great stuff bud !

cheers, niteshift
Posted By: Scott Campbell Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 08/03/18 04:56 PM
Thanks Fdemetrio and Nite.

It's up on Spotify, Nite. Search under (punctuation important) S.W. Campbell

Funny you should mention that - I was scanning one of Colin's posts and saw his mention of Distrokid. I checked it out and it was a deal that couldn't be beat.

So now I've decided to compile my best stuff from the first four albums I did but never released - and release the tracks through Distrokid.

So in a few weeks it should be up on Spotify. It will have at least two songs I know you like: Summertown and The Brakeman's Gone. smile

Scott
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 08/04/18 05:55 AM
Ha ! Easy favourites ! Good luck with it mate,

cheers, Geoff
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 08/05/18 02:14 PM
Ha ! You're up on Spotify, and I have a good bit of time for a listen.

Ya wanna critique ? Nah! Too good, and I'm too old ( but just ask ) but I get a large signed album (.jpeg) for my wall right ?

If not, the Tongan and Fiji boys will track you down ! As we say locally "chase you down the street "

Great stuff bud, will send you a PM tomorrow. smile

cheers, niteshift
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 08/12/18 10:04 PM
Hi, Scott,

Just wanted to stop in and share my congratulations on a job very well done. I've heard a number of the tracks before, but got a chance to listen to the whole album on my recent travels. You must, and should, feel tremendously satisfied with your accomplishment. It was great to re-listen to some of my favorites--e.g., "Constance" (such a fun and catchy tune)--and hear some new ones. The two that standout to me personally are the title track (love how your build your way to the three part harmony; and it really captures the soul of the album), and "The Moon Be Still as Bright" (beautifully written and performed). Good luck with this, Scott.

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: maccharles Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 10/02/18 03:22 AM
I concur with the sentiments, success is merely following through....and that's what you did....well done.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Farewell Summer album completed - 10/04/18 02:04 PM
Well done, Scott:

Best wishes for success and more importantly, happiness and a feeling of accomplishment... 'cause it is!

Cheers, ----Dave
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards