JPF Home Page
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/brockgoodwinmusic.htm

Hey folks,

How's everybody doing? Hopefully great. Well,I ran across a lyric a few days ago by Bobbie Gallup and thought it was a really well written song. So with her permission I put some music down for it. It was kinda funny, I didn't read the other posts until after I did the music and the way the song turned out was very similar to what people were describing. This place rocks. It was a blast to record this one. Lots of fun.

Basically what you'll hear is some drums, bass, rythm, lead guitar, and lead vocal. All the music was performed by me so there may be some messups here and there. The drums are done using loops. Hehe. [Linked Image]

I'm thinking a Randy Travis vibe on this one. Or even more Bluegrassy in a final production. What do you guys think?

No Easy Road (To Easy Street)
© 2003 Lyrics: Bobbie Gallup ASCAP / Music: Brock Goodwin

It was always right around the corner
Up around the bend
But as days and years flew past
I wondered where it all would end
Traveled on some backroads
Following my bliss
Hitchhiked on some interstates
But it's all come down to this

CHORUS:
There ain't no easy road
To easy street
Gotta rest my soul
Get off my feet
Gotta look inside myself
For what makes life complete
There ain't no easy road
To easy street

Don't need no killing on the market
Or be no millionaire
Long as I can face that mirror
And like what I see there
Don't need to keep up with the Joneses
Or win the lottery
As long as I can share the joy
That God has given me

CHORUS:
There ain't no easy road
To easy street
Gotta rest my soul
Get off my feet
Gotta look inside myself
There ain't no easy road
To easy street

Bridge:
I've taken all the detours
Paid my share of dues
Had to spend time in the valleys
Walkin' off the blues
But the mountaintops were worth the time
An' the struggle that they took
To overcome each obstacle
To get a better look....cause

CHORUS:
There ain't no easy road
To easy street
Gotta rest my soul
Get off my feet
Gotta look inside myself
There ain't no easy road
To easy street

[This message has been edited by BGoodwin (edited 06-25-2003).]
Hey, BG

Came out real good I'd say. Should post the lyrics again I'd say.

If I had anything to say in anegative vein it might be that the backbeat is just a little too fast......I may be the only one that says that...JMHO

That Bobbie's quite a girl.....Good lyrics!

I like the theme of the piece.

They say that right behind every overnight success is approx twenty years of hard work!
.............Smiling...........

Eric
No, you're right. It's too fast. Just a bit. Dangit. After listening to it again I could have slowed it down a tad. I wish I had someone here with me sometimes you know. Oh well. I'll see what I can do.

Bobbi did write a great lyric didn't she, I must agree with you there! Thanks for poppin in.

Brock

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by writefortune:
Hey, BG

Came out real good I'd say. Should post the lyrics again I'd say.

If I had anything to say in anegative vein it might be that the backbeat is just a little too fast......I may be the only one that says that...JMHO

That Bobbie's quite a girl.....Good lyrics!

I like the theme of the piece.

They say that right behind every overnight success is approx twenty years of hard work!
.............Smiling...........

Eric
</font>
Hi Brock and Bobbie,
I just had to hear this when I saw your name Brock. I love listening to you. And you couldnt go wrong with a good lyric [Linked Image]
This turned out really good!! It may be a little fast, but I didnt mind. By the end of it I had the hook looping in my head so you've done the job. [Linked Image]

Take care
Ria

------------------
Ria's Song Lyrics

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth (edited 06-25-2003).]
Hiya BGoodwin,

Took a listen and you've done a great job. Have to agree that the drum beat's a bit on the fast side. Only other nit is that the lyrics start sounding somewhat "complicated" towards the end. May need a little simlification there.

Overall, it's a great song, just needs a tiny bit more polishing. ;-)

Stan
Brock

Bobbie writes great stuff and you sing and play mighty fine. A good combination. It's funny how everyone's taste is different. I think the speed is spot. Nice job

Steven

[This message has been edited by VNORTH (edited 06-25-2003).]
Was only able to listen to the first part of this, Brock, but it sounded good to me! The beat didn't sound too fast, but didn't even get to the chorus before the connection quit -- I'll have to try again later. It would be good to put the lyrics up again -- I remember this from when Bobbie posted it, but it would be nice to read the words as it's going along. I like your voice -- I've heard you sing a few other ones and enjoyed listening! [Linked Image]

------------------
Mary Lou
A real good job in putting the demo together. I agree that it could be slowed down just a tad. Congrats,
Pete E.
Hey Brock,

Great treatment of Miss Bobbie's great lyrics. Also took a listen to the other songs on your site. Awesome, man! You're a talented guy.

RickW
Awesome job guys! The chorus is a killer!
I don't any problem with the spee of the tune, I think it works very well.
And Brock, your voice's awesome!
Juan
Brock,

Really good work man. I like this.

dawg
Lyrics are now up! Thanks for all your feedback guys. It's funny on this song, sometimes when I listen to it, it sounds to quick. But this morning I put it on and it sounded just right. Weird huh. hehe
Nice lyric Bobbie...even tho you used the ever so hated word - bliss [Linked Image] but it works fine. Brock - Ii wouldn't slow this down any...good toe tapping stuff.
Pam
Damn, you're good, Brock! [Linked Image]

And nice lyric, too, Bobbie. I meant to get around to commenting on it when it first hit, but got sidetracked.

Nice job. Both sides!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] (nuff said)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] (nuff said)

------------------
Blake's Songs
My Tonos Site
Howdy and big thanks to all of you for taking time to listen to the great music Brock did for this lyric...despite knowing that there were other composers also working on it. I am delighted with his music and vocals on this...and we are working out how to handle the various copyrights on the different musical variations. Personally, I really like his upbeat, uptempo music and don't want him to slow it down. At 2:35, it is quite pitchable at that time. One publisher recently told me that he had a 80% higher cut rate for songs that were under 3 minutes than he did with songs over 3...so we shall see.

Thanks SO much, Brock. You are awesome!
Bobbie
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards