JPF Home Page
We are revamping the entire JPF Chapter program. Portland is a key city and one of the largest without an active Chapter Coordinator. Anyone interested?

Brian
I'm not interested in being the Chapter Coordinator, but if there's a Portland chapter formed, I'm interested in being part of it. I go through Portland twice a week, most weeks, commuting between my job in Eastern Oregon and my fambly on the Oregon Coast. If somebody were doing something, I'd be happy to participate to the extent I could while passing through.

Joe

www.soundclick.com/bands/7/joewrabekmusic.htm
Brian:
Would a JPF chapter in Portland work in concert with or competition to the extant PSA?
(Portland Songwriters Association)

Darby
Darby:

I guess my answer (and I'm not the one in charge) is I'd hope they'd work in concert rather than in competition; I haven't the time to deal with turf issues.

Tempting to say I'd hope the working together would help communication, but that's only because I've tried to contact the PSA and never heard back. I should probably just join--like I was trying to do last year when PSA's Website disappeared.

Joe

www.soundclick.com/bands/7/joewrabekmusic.htm
We always work with local orgs. We've tried previously to hook up and work with the PSA but haven't had any luck. We have a partnership with the Baltimore Songwriters Association and may be starting one with 2 other local orgs this year. If you know anyone at the PSA who wants to work together, that's certainly fine with me as long as we can co-exist with each others rules and/or limitations.

Brian
I presented the idea of working with JPF to the PSA board last Wednesday night (June 8, 2005) at our board meeting. It was welcomed with enthusiasm, and we would like to go forward with this.

I don’t foresee any problems i.e. “turf war” – the PSA has gone through some real changes this last year.

We have changed the venue for our monthly Showcase, and are now packing the place every month, with a waiting list for performance slots (we had trouble before filling the evening at our last venue – so this is a great plus)

We also are seeing our membership grow exponentially every month.

There is a new web site, with a new look and feel, which we have followed up with t-shirts, decals etc. www.portlandsongwriters.org.

We have an enthusiastic board, some real movers and shakers, and we are working on our networking, and establishing some great connections both in the Portland/Vancouver area as well as across the country.

We now have a monthly showcase, several monthly workshops, and a “Songwriter’s Mixer” slated for July, Annual Songwriting Contest, as well a great line up of seminars booked for this year and next.

What we would like to know now, is what do we (PSA Board) need to do to establish a connection with JPF, and help foster and nurture a JPF Chapter here in the Porland/Vancouver area???

If someone could just plug us in and let us know what is needed, we’re READY to GO, and take advantage of the momentum that is currently building in our area for songwriters and artists.

Reni Kay
V.P. Portland Songwriter’s Association
www.portlandsongwriters.org
renikay@comcast.net

------------------
Reni Kay
www.soundclick.com/renikay
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards