JPF Home Page
I did some negotiations with a local restauranteur named Joyce McCartlin who runs the West Diamond Grill in Gaithersburg, MD. She now expects me to book acts for three weeks next Monday May 9th, the 16th, and the 23rd, bring a sound system, and an audience willing to devour her food and drinks and those who perform will have the tip jar passed around by yours truly. Please, NEED HELP, need sound system, audience, performers, publicity, you name it, QUICK. Today was my Birthday and I seemed to have gotten my birthday wish with Monkey's Paw style attachments. Right now, it is only for three weeks, but if this works out for Joyce it could go beyond
Hey Joel,

Happy birthday (in a 'be careful what you wish for' kinda way:-))

I don't know if he has a PA System or not, but Steve Gellman(since you know everyone here, I assume you know who I'm talking about)...Anyways, I do know that Steve lives in Gaithersburg, probably has Monday evening's free (unless he's touring), so you might wanna drop him an e-mail...

I sit in with him occasionally on his once-a-month- Berwyn Cafe gig, so you can tell him that Midnite Bob from the Berwyn suggested you contact him....I also know that Rick Kanton plays with Steve a lot & that Rick is usually available on Monday & Tuesday, so it might be a 2-man Folkie Performance....

Anyways,,,,You might wanna e-mail Steve at hiddenpoet@aol.com and see if he's interested.

Good luck....Midnite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pomeranj:
[B]I did some negotiations with a local restauranteur named Joyce McCartlin who runs the West Diamond Grill in Gaithersburg, MD. She now expects me to book acts for three weeks next Monday May 9th, the 16th, and the 23rd, bring a sound system, and an audience willing to devour her food and drinks and those who perform will have the tip jar passed around by yours truly. Please, NEED HELP, need sound system, audience, performers, publicity, you name it, QUICK. Today was my Birthday...

------------------
Satchel was right...Something is gaining on me....
www.jackcouldntmakeit.com
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards