JPF Home Page
Posted By: Kenna The Showcase! - 12/02/02 02:43 AM
well, letmetellya, Brian and Linda were here and we had a blast! The first Memphis Just Plain Folks Roadtrip had excellent turnout. The performers were some of Memphis' finest writers. We are lucky to host such talent in this city!

Special thanks go out to Bonnie and Dennis Burroughs, and Liz Marable of Tizanns, for both their efforts and participation in the event. This is what Just Plain Folks is all about. The networking was great, and both Brian and Linda told me they were impressed with ALL the performers who came out and played! Once Brian and Linda get a break, they will get some pictures posted from all the different roadtrips.

I enjoyed it immensely and look forward to the next one.

Kenna

------------------
i write so i can breathe
Posted By: randyman38901 Re: The Showcase! - 12/02/02 11:56 PM
Well Kenna, Margaret and I had a wonderful time. Thanks go to you, Brian and linda, the folks at Tizanns and everyone involved. Allways good to see Cordell, and be reminded what real music is all about!
We met some new people, and were amazed and entertained by all the talent.
You did it all up perfectly Kenna.
Thanks, Randy Wimberley
Posted By: Kenna Re: The Showcase! - 12/03/02 12:51 AM
Hey Randy...

I was happy to see the participation that we had from the networking we did at the MSA Music Expo. The MSA has shown siginificant support since we participated in their expo. Just Plain Folks is a great vehicle for both the experienced and the not so experienced to be mentored by the pros! I found that out in Dickson, when we were mentored by some people much further along the songwriting ladder than us, like Pete and Pat Luboff, Danny Arena and Sara Light, Valerie Del A Cruz, writers from American Songwriter magazine (can't remember their names, and a studio engineer/owner from Nashville. These people had answers for some of the tougher questions we had about the ins and outs of songwriting.

The other mentors names escape me right now, but I am gonna go look them up, cause they were really nice people!

I'll be back to edit moi post...
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: The Showcase! - 12/03/02 07:39 AM
Hi all,

We had a great time and really appeciate the support and hospitality of everyone, especially Kenna and Jack who not only put us up for the night but made us a great brunch the morning after the show! It was a really nice experience and hopefully just the start of a great chapter!

And Kenna, the mentors names you are thinking of are Fett, the Technical Editor for Performing Songwriter Magazine and also a studio owner/engineer.. and Nancy Moran.. a recording artist and columnist for American Songwriter magazine.. Also Barbara Cloyd from the Bluebird and readyfortherow.com was there.

Thanks again everyone!

Brian
Posted By: Kenna Re: The Showcase! - 12/04/02 01:05 PM
of course Barbara was there.... she does so much for the up and comer in Nashville!

If you don't know who she is, Barbara hosts the Monday night open mic at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville.

She is in the know! check her out at

www.barbaracloyd.com
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards