JPF Home Page
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Tentative 2005 Roadtrip Dates - 03/23/05 12:45 PM
Hi Folks,

Here's the first outline for travel dates for the 2005 Just Plain Folks Roadtrips. As you'll see below, there are a LOT of dates, cities and states included and there will inevitably be a lot of changes. However, I wanted to start the work on piecing it all together and the more notice we can give folks the better. Obviously the first 1/3 is more critical right now than the last 2/3rds.

We'll be planning Showcases in all cities as long as we have at least 20 interested performers. If we have at least 10 active members interested, we'll still visit locations for a dinner/meeting to get the ball rolling with the local chapter. If we have overwhelming interest (i.e. more than 60 performers) we'll likely add a second, third or fourth show. (We did 29 events in So. Cal a few years back with an average of 25 performers at every show, but I doubt we'll need to do that for this tour). This schedule has us visiting the entire Easter 2/3rds of the US, Southern California and parts of Canada. We'll hit the Western 1/3 in 2006.

If you live in or near one of these cities and can offer support getting an appropriate venue or if you can offer to host Brian in your home for a night (I usually stay with members along the way) please let us know. Don't sign up to perform just yet. Let us finalize the dates, set the venues and lock it all in before we start taking names for performance slots. In cities with active chapters, we may try to have a 1 hour Q&A session before showcases or if time permits, we can do a separate chapter meeting. Since we'll be taping all the events for our documentary project, these 1 hour sessions will be used to discuss the local scene in addition to JPF information. We may also set up additional interviews with local artists and business people for the project during the day before or after the shows.

Post any questions or comments here or you can email me directly at justplainfolks@aol.com (our official Roadtrip Sign Up Email Address) and please put "Roadtrip Question: (Your City)" in the subject so I can keep up with all of them.

Here's the tentative travel and city dates:

(Note: We are working on the final dates and will be posting the soon. Stay tuned for that information!)

I am looking forward to seeing all of you in 2005 and the rest of you in 2006!

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks

[This message has been edited by Brian Austin Whitney (edited 04-12-2005).]
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards