JPF Home Page
Posted By: DAK1 HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 09/29/07 03:30 AM
HEY GANG, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PUT MY LYRICS TO MUSIC.IF INTERESTED SHOUT BACK HERE. THANKZ DAK1
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 09/29/07 04:15 AM
Dak, if you have a link that shows people what genre of music you like or prefer or even lyrics in the forums, folks might be more likely to respond. Usually, they like to know who they will be collaborating with and the quality of lyrics you write. Also, it's a good idea to try listening to what these guys do so that you can "match" yourself up with someone of similar tastes. Anyway, please make an attempt at getting to know people here. It's been my experience that it's worked much better that way than to just put it out there and then wait for someone to respond. I'm not being critical. I'm only saying that's how most of us do it. Best of luck to you and welcome.
Posted By: DAK1 Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 09/29/07 04:31 AM
HI TRICIA AND THANKZ,I CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.I HAVE TWO SONGS POSTED ON LYRICS FORUM 3 FOR SOMETIME NOW,IVE POSTED ON SONGWRITERS BOARD,IVE HAD FEEDBACK,AND HAVE RESPONDED BACK,BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY ANOTHER BOARD.MY SONGS ARE COUNTRY GENRE WITH A SOLDIER ORIENTADED THEME,AND CAN BE FOUND...PAGE 42 AS OF TODAY,.....STONES OUT IN THE FIELD...AND THE OTHER....REAPERSLAND......PAGE30..AS OF TODAY.IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW THANKZ DAK1 P.S. THANKZ FOR THE INPUT AND THE WARM WELCOME.
Posted By: Pianosam Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/03/07 07:09 PM
Good morning Dak1,
My name is Robert Thomson Pianosam and I am a composer/songwriter. If you will go to my site Click on music and go to Demo Fininished With Vocal you can hear a few of my songs. http://www.piano-sam.com If you are interested in working with me send me a couple of your lyrics by email to pianosam2@mchsi.com and I will see what I can do. Just one thing don't send me lyrics that you have a melody in mind for.

Pianosam (Robert Thomson)
Posted By: markus-ky Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/04/07 03:30 AM
check out some of my work to see if we could collab. thanks.

markus
stat songs publishing, ltd. (ascap)
www.soundclick.com/markusky
www.myspace.com/markusky
www.cdbaby.com/markusspence
www.cdbaby.com/markusspence2
statsongs@hotmail.com
Posted By: DAK1 Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/04/07 04:54 AM
hey markus...nice work.. love the 8os sound....but unfortunatly my lyrics i have ready are more of a country.. country rock...and old traditional country ... thankz any way...enjoyed your work.... good luck... DAK1
Posted By: billrocker Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/05/07 02:56 AM
Attn lyric writers: I'm a Nashville Music Publisher (Write THIS Music, BMI). We have a writer on staff who writes great music and we're always interested in great lyrics to co-write.

We also accept unsolicited material with permission to submit. Please see our website for additional info:

www.writethismusic.com

It's still under construction as it's being revamped but the important info is there.

Thanks all!
Posted By: DAK1 Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/05/07 08:40 PM
HEY BILL I AM INTERESTED IN SENDING YOU TWO SETS OF LYRICS BUT DONT HAVE AN ADDRESS FOR YOU GUYS ...LET ME KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU THANXZ....DAK1
Posted By: chazz/the council Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/06/07 06:47 AM
check out showcaseyourmusic.com c/o the council in the folk section and let me know/chazz
Posted By: DAK1 Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/06/07 05:45 PM
CHAZZ..LOVED IT...YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME..DAK
Posted By: billrocker Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/07/07 01:00 AM
Thanks for your interest. Write or email is fine.

Our address is:

WriteTHISMusic, BMI
5806 Vine Ridge Dr.
Nashville, TN 37205

writethismusic@comcast.net
Posted By: neilebanks Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/10/07 05:51 AM
Hi Dak, I run a music prod co just outside of Nashville. We can put your lyrics to music in (almost) any style - definitely country - whether you have a melody or not. It's not Free, but you get what you pay for. If you're interested in taking a shortcut to turning your lyrics into songs, please check out www.makemeasong.com/demos . There are a bunch of samples of our work, and some Before and After samples. "Before" - what the client sent us, "After" - the final product. You'll need a Windows Media Player to play the files. Well, either way, good luck with your songs! Neil
Posted By: Hank Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/15/07 04:34 PM
Just as a riminder, I just emailed you this morning about 5 minutes ago, that I have the melody for your song, and I just need my boy to convert it to mp3 , and it will be on my soundclick site for you to listen to. I put it into a folk country style. Hope it works for you.
Posted By: Samuel Harris Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/16/07 01:07 AM
DAK1, I read a couple of your pieces on the lyric forum and found one to a commentary set to rhyme and the other one a long story poem. The question I would ask you is: do you listen to music? You don't have to play, but you do have to listen methodically to song construction to have a chance to write for the market and to attract good composers. If you are busy studying songs (not poems) to see how they are constructed, how long they are, how rhymes are constructed, what "voice" suits what style etc., then you might have a shot at this game. But if you are not really that connected to music, and only listen casually, then you probably won't attract a good composer because writing a good lyric takes just as much skill as learning to play the piano. You have to practice the equivalent of scales and riffs, be it learning to find the correct 'voice' or learning to craft a catchy hook. These are real skills that are learned over a period of time. Poetry helps but it only provides a fraction of the skill set that you will have to learn to write good lyrics.

I noticed you have been solicited by a couple of companies that charge to set your lyrics to music. Don't bite. They are in the business to flatter you and take your money. You will get a medicore production and if you read the fine print, they usually retain half the rights to your song even if the music stinks. If later you did get a decent (and honest) co-writer, you would find youself comitted to these guys. If, on the other hand, you are not interested in marketing your song but just having some music set to your words, you might be happy with the production and conditions. It is sort of the musically equivalent of the "Vanity Press".
Posted By: DAK1 Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/20/07 01:42 AM
THANKS SAM... I WILL USE YOUR ADVICE AS MUCH AS I CAN....IM LEARNING AS I GO ...BUT MY GOAL IS TO BE ABLE....SOMEDAY...TO WRITE GREAT LYRICS.... THANKS AGAIN...DAK1
Posted By: Aaron Authier Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 10/23/07 06:31 AM
DAK1 Only take the advice you're given here with a grain of salt

No advice given here will ultimately help you
You have to help you

But what I have done the past few years is:

Listened to music every chance I had

Always thinking of hooks (try to be original)

Writing cliche songs can be a habit and it's not one you want to get stuck with early on

Read lyrics of any song I heard and payed attention to the rhymes

Worked on only a few songs at a time
I don't know why people tell others to write as many songs as they can and maybe one or two will be good

I don't see how that works because chances are you won't improve

I've rewritten a song 50 times before I got it right and it got to the finals in a lyric contest, well that wasn't good enough so I rewritten it another 10 times and sent it in again so we'll see what happens

IF the concept is really good never give up on it
Never ever give up on a song that you know will be great

What everybody else here said was good advice too
But you have to really want to improve
Good luck, hope to see your work on the boards
Posted By: backtalkunlimited Re: HAVE LYRICS NEED MUSIC - 11/06/07 12:52 AM
Dear DAK1 - I very recently jointed JPFolks, so I just now found your posting. Please visit our website at http://www.backtalkunlimited.com, which has links to our musical offerings. If you'll please drop me a line c/o backtalk_unlimited@yahoo.com and provide (i) sample lyrics and (ii) some idea of your preferred musical style to go with the lyrics, perhaps we can help.

Cheers - Alan (backtalkunlimited)
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards