JPF Home Page
Ben F -- Ben wrote this little goody....Tomtimeless and I put some music to it....the more I hear it the more I like it.....take a listen...

Ben and I been posting over each other...sorry for that...will do better.. [Linked Image]...promise....t-bob

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=420834&songID=4680491

Never Say Goodbye to Rock and Roll
By Ben Burton 2006

I was born on the back roads of Hades
Still a chap when I learned to load a gun
Taught survival lessons from the devil
Stole a Gibson learned to play on the run

Now I’m having fun

Look out world I got my hands around you
I’m gonna squeeze the juices from your soul
Don’t be scared cause I ain’t gonna hurt you
But I might just knock you out with Rock and Roll

Rock and Roll, Rock and Roll
They told me to say goodbye to Rock and Roll
Well I said not no….I said Hell no
I’m never gonna say goodbye
No never gonna say goodbye to Rock and Roll

Break

Picked away at the blues down in the Big Easy, Oh…
Something hit me, bout to lose control
Exploded in a club somewhere down in Memphis
Lord a mighty I got bathed in Rock and Roll

Took me a while to get my life in order
Lost my mind, did some time along the way
Now the hard knocks are rolling off my shoulders
And I got some lot of licks, some licks, left to play

Rock and Roll, Rock and Roll
They told me to say goodbye to Rock and Roll
Well I said not no….I said Hell no
Cause I’m never gonna say goodbye
No never gonna say goodbye to Rock and Roll
I’m never gonna say goodbye
I’m never gonna say goodbye to Rock and Roll

------------------
http://www.soundclick.com/bpficklen
Heard the other version too, like both [Linked Image]
Hello Boys . . . what a FINE group effort here!! TBob -- think I've mentioned before how much I like the "scruffy" in your voice. Ben -- I've ALWAYS liked your lyrics to this one . . . I'm so happy to finally get to HEAR it - YAY!!!

[Linked Image]Rock-n-roll is here to stay [Linked Image]
Louis,
Would be VERY interested in where & when you "heard the 'other' version", since I am totally unaware of one precipitous to this.... Thanks,
ben
Ain't this it Ben?
http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/Forum21/HTML/004915.html
T-Bob,

This one has a nice groove to it--not my favorite by you--but, I can tell you're having fun. Nice guitars and vocals.

Rick.
Louis-- I know you have seen the show "Different Strokes"...all I can say is..."What you talkin' about"... [Linked Image]...thanks for listen twice...t-bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Louis:
Heard the other version too, like both [Linked Image]</font>
Louie,

Maybe ya got deja vu...
t [Linked Image] m

Maybe ya got deja vu...
t [Linked Image] m

[This message has been edited by Tomtimeless (edited 11-19-2006).]
Louis,
I didn't realize we had this on 2 different sights. Sorry (but they ARE the same song, though. [Linked Image])

Somebody ask Bob how old a "chap" is, please?! [Linked Image]
ben
Cool boogie groove gents, dig it!

Rob

------------------
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not sure... My Songs
You guys remind me of Larry, Curly, and Moe.. lol.
Doodle-- Thanks a bunch...I like the tune..it kind a grows on you...thanks for listening...t-bob

QUOTE]Originally posted by doodle:
Hello Boys . . . what a FINE group effort here!! TBob -- think I've mentioned before how much I like the "scruffy" in your voice. Ben -- I've ALWAYS liked your lyrics to this one . . . I'm so happy to finally get to HEAR it - YAY!!!

[Linked Image]Rock-n-roll is here to stay [Linked Image]
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Rick....Ben was kind enough to suggest this song...I got Tom involved...I think it came out good...Glad you have a favorite of mine.. [Linked Image]...thanks for listening...Bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rhoffman:
T-Bob,

This one has a nice groove to it--not my favorite by you--but, I can tell you're having fun. Nice guitars and vocals.

Rick.
</font>
Ben-- Hey dude...I had a southern guy over here always saying " When I was a chap"...I looked it up in the Webster's D...I have..it said chap...man or boy....I just didn't picture loadin' a gun in diapers...I know it was poetic license... [Linked Image]....that's my story and I stickin' to it...t-bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben F:
Louis,
I didn't realize we had this on 2 different sights. Sorry (but they ARE the same song, though. [Linked Image])

Somebody ask Bob how old a "chap" is, please?! [Linked Image]
ben
</font>
Hey Rob-- Good description....thanks man...Bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RJC:
Cool boogie groove gents, dig it!

Rob

</font>
Hey Louis-- We could use a fourth...may need a fill in for Shemp...are you available.. [Linked Image]....will be callin'...lol...t-bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Louis:
You guys remind me of Larry, Curly, and Moe.. lol.</font>
Sounds like you guys are havin lots of fun..Dont know whether I feel like doin the "Hitchhike" or the "Swim" [Linked Image] Oh yeah, I remember my "aunt" doing those dances [Linked Image] Great lyric Ben, Tbob you're a natural, real smooth guitar playin Tom..and the Hits just keep on comin ...Lovin it , Sue
LT-- [Linked Image] Thanks...Terri's cousin said it reminded him of Myrtle Beach music...he loved it...Tom always downplays his part...but that's like seven guitar tracks in there....he's a heck of a guy...I'm glad Ben asked us to do it...Bob
Fun one, guys. Nice job!
- Jay

------------------
www.jaybritton.com
www.soundclick.com/jaybritton
www.myspace.com/jaybrittonsongs
So let me see if I got this straight.
Rick says this ain't one of his favorites by you...but he loves the vocals and the music...hmmmm...what's zat leave.....YIKES,

SAY IT AIN'T SO, BOBBY!!!!! [Linked Image]
Ben
PS Okay, maybe not diapers, but KID will work. Chap. This ain't England, for cryin' out loud! The Three Stooges are American as, well, as CHAPS on a cowboy on the Old West!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Very nice collab, guys! It has a real classic rock feel to it (which is appropriate of course). Bob, love your "go ahead, Tommy" - it makes it sounds like you guys were really playing together [Linked Image]. The vocal and guitar are just right for the lyrics. A lot of fun to listen to.

Clint
Jay-- My feelings exactly....thanks man...appreciate it...all of us...t-bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Songwriterdemos:
Fun one, guys. Nice job!
- Jay

</font>
Ben-- Hey my friend...Rick said "nice vocals and music"....not love...but will still like him anyway... [Linked Image]...lol...maybe it was that "word"....chap...that may have got to him....lol...

Hey how about a chap wearing some chaps riding a horse.... [Linked Image]...Hey Ben, this one is still a winner...I hope you know I'm kidding with you...this is a good song...

I sent the other one(Rain Hides....) to Tom...I didn't change any words...no chaps in there... [Linked Image]...I want him to kinda evaluate what I did...it's gonna be more Blues...no can beats...just Vocal, guitar, and lead guitar...the lead being Tom I hope...I told him to see what he could do with it...Should be interesting....take care...Bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben F:
So let me see if I got this straight.
Rick says this ain't one of his favorites by you...but he loves the vocals and the music...hmmmm...what's zat leave.....YIKES,

SAY IT AIN'T SO, BOBBY!!!!! [Linked Image]
Ben
PS Okay, maybe not diapers, but KID will work. Chap. This ain't England, for cryin' out loud! The Three Stooges are American as, well, as CHAPS on a cowboy on the Old West!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
</font>
Clint-- Thanks man...glad you liked that "go ahead Tommy"....that was kinda cool...the more I hear it the more I like it...fun song...thanks for checkin' this out...have a great turkey day....Bob

QUOTE]Originally posted by clint751:
Very nice collab, guys! It has a real classic rock feel to it (which is appropriate of course). Bob, love your "go ahead, Tommy" - it makes it sounds like you guys were really playing together [Linked Image]. The vocal and guitar are just right for the lyrics. A lot of fun to listen to.

Clint
[/QUOTE]
Hey Guys,
Nice ! A song about Rock-n-Roll with a riff from Rollin' on the River done kinda countryish and listed as pop . Now , my genre-deficient mind is doing a triple double-take , you do that on purpose?
It works for me !

maybe : I learned to load a gun 'soon as I filled out my first pair of chaps [Linked Image]

and I got a lotta licks , and got some yet to play...

Nother nicwe collab , still a-pickin' and a-grinnin',
Pete
Pete-- Thanks guy...I'm never any good at placing the songs in genres...appreciate you listening...thanks for the suggestions....t-bob

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TheGuyWhowouldn'tSignHisN:
Hey Guys,
Nice ! A song about Rock-n-Roll with a riff from Rollin' on the River done kinda countryish and listed as pop . Now , my genre-deficient mind is doing a triple double-take , you do that on purpose?
It works for me !

maybe : I learned to load a gun 'soon as I filled out my first pair of chaps [Linked Image]

and I got a lotta licks , and got some yet to play...

Nother nicwe collab , still a-pickin' and a-grinnin',
Pete
</font>
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards