JPF Home Page
Posted By: Travis david Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/13/21 09:41 PM
Chelsnw are the singers on this song composed by Vic Arnold and myself.
Please have a listen.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14230364

FRIDAY NIGHT CLOTHES © 2021 John Vaughan & Vic Arnold
v1
Looks into her closet, sighs,
that dress is looking old
weekends come around
she needs some Friday night clothes
Could have gone dancing
but now she's not so sure
Feels she's going nowhere
and closes .... the door
c1
One kid starts crying, one needs to go to bed.
So she wears those Friday clothes
... in her head
v
Husband's working late again
She knows what that is for.
Yes she'll know that perfume
as he walks through the door
He takes what he needs but
he gives to someone else.
He's good with the kids but she
looks after .... herself
c1
One kid starts crying, one needs to go to bed.
... in her head
Inst.
b
Once he promised the world.
She believed every word
c1
But one kid starts crying, one needs to go to bed.
... in her head
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/13/21 10:59 PM
WOW! had me with the stereo acoustics, then those vocals....Crosby Still and Nash.

I like Vics voice but that cant be him! Those harmonies...

GREAT track guys. best melody ive ever heard from Vic, and the sound is great.

Simon and Garfunkle.

The only thing that sounds a little funky is the climb, did you change keys there?

Nice tight meter and singable lyrics. Nice insight.

Homerun guys!
Posted By: JAPOV Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 01:53 AM
My goodness Yes, gorgeous sound! smile
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 08:59 AM
Thanks Fde good to know you liked it, Vic had the operation and thus this new voice, that's talent for you.
There's a key change yes, I like the Crosby, Stills pigeon hole, and pleased it worked out
Thanks for your positive feedback
John
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 09:00 AM
Hi JAPOV
Thanks for the thumbs up
Regards
John
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 02:18 PM
So you're saying Vic had a surgery, and now sounds like that? Whats the surgeons number?
If he has a brain surgeon to refer, it could help alot of people around here.

Great work.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 03:24 PM
Lol. I Could be wrong on that so I'd just wear tighter briefs.
I think some political figures might benefit from the latter.
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/14/21 08:40 PM
I'm too old and butch to sound like that.

The harmonies make this one work though.

Vic
Real nice you two.

Yes...nicely harmony laden...I'll throw another band atcha with this kind of sound....Magna Carta...two Brits will remember them and may even know they just did their last concert in 2019 after 50 years together.....I just found that from Wikipedia. I enjoyed Seasons many years back
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/15/21 05:48 PM
Thanks for the listen and comments John. I remember buying M. C's two initial albums, Magna Carter and Seasons.
Then I wondered off to listen too the many UK bands vying to establish themselves in the early 70s.
Yes I'm that old!
Regards
John
Yeah it was news to me that they lasted so long. I'm going to chase them on Youtube now.

Do you remember Audience? That has to be one of my favourite bands ever.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/15/21 09:03 PM
Forgot all about Audience. I had a single of there's Indian Summer and a compilation album I think way back.
Don't know if they're still around but I doubt it.
Or still doing the smaller venues with one original member as Wishbone Ash do.
My favourite band from that era and still going strong is Fairport Convention.
I've seen them a few times great life and nice guys.
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/17/21 11:48 AM
Thanks for the listen and comment, John.

Vic
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/17/21 01:22 PM
Very pretty.
Depressing story line, but realistic with a memorable hook.

Nice song.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/18/21 06:31 AM
Hi SP
Thanks for your comments, yes it's a bit of a downer plot wise but realistic too.
Cheers
John
Great sound here, guys. Yes, it's sad, but very poignant. Simple, but effective lyric. The singers did a top notch job with the harmonies.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/19/21 07:39 AM
Thanks Gavin, glad you liked it, yes it's a poignant lyric and melody.,with harmonies that really hit the spot
Thanks for listening
John
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/22/21 05:28 PM
The song got played on the radio tonight BBC Radio Cumbria it gets a replay on Saturday
John
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/22/21 05:29 PM
The song got played on the radio tonight BBC Radio Cumbria it gets a replay on Saturday
John
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/23/21 01:53 PM
Good for you John. smile
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/23/21 01:56 PM
A collab SP from Vic and my original way back in 2015 perhaps?
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated
John
Posted By: beechnut79 Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/23/21 04:07 PM
I really enjoyed listening to this one. Have always been a big fan of these stripped down acoustic type pieces. Artistically, though not in subject, it brings to mind this song that Peter Rowan and Jerry Douglas did several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK73YRJxhxw

I bought the whole album just for this one song.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 04/23/21 06:03 PM
Thanks Brian never heard of them but I liked what I played, I'll try the complete album later.
Thanks for the listen
John
Posted By: MFB III Re: Friday Night Clothes. Vic & Travis - 05/06/21 02:39 PM
Superb lyrics, vocals and music. and such a great topic. So many women live a life of servitude and being taken for granite instead of taken out for a good time, cause the hubby's got someone on the side. you express this pain well.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards