JPF Home Page
Posted By: Rich Murray NASCAR Fans? - 03/11/20 09:48 PM
I've got a song on my sound cloud called, I'm Gone. It was a co-write with BMI writer William Howard Lee III. It is our attempt to pay tribute to NASCAR / Racing in general. Please check it out at your leisure, and forward to anyone you know that enjoys the sport. Thanks for listening. Rich Murray
https://soundcloud.com/user-667419260/im-gone-a-tribute-to-nascar-demo
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: NASCAR Fans? - 04/03/20 08:35 AM
Rich,

Good song, good recording, good performances. Solid arrangement. Lyrically it is good perhaps for your current fans, but I am not sure I could see a lot of new fan support or even NASCAR fan support. It doesn't connect directly to any name (and NASCAR fans are the most tribal of all sports, as say an NFL fan can watch anyone play but NASCAR fans really want to see THEIR driver(s) compete. (Not all of course, but the loyalties I think are the tightest of the major sports. People even car about the car manufacturer for example, can you imagine people caring what gear/balls people used while playing football in the same way?). Because of this, I think you would reach a more passionate base if it was more connected to what they care about rather than one man's prowess as a good driver.

Food for thought, as always, use or ignore as you see fit.

PS: I moved this to the MP3 board as that is where people most often look for songs here.

Welcome to JPF!

Brian
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards