JPF Home Page
Posted By: AntonyRobWells Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/10/20 12:23 PM
Although the timing is a little whacky, and it's only 37 seconds long, I quite like this song I wrote back in the 2000's.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Aq5vYZNyIH0&ar=1581337085016
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/12/20 04:34 AM
Hi Antony:

Instrumentals can be as long... or as short as the composer decides... or the assignment dictates. (Short clips for movies or commercials... or simply artistic expressions.) John Lawrence Schick appears to be making a better than average career in instrumental compositions... and working with music libraries for licensing opportunities with studios, film industry moguls, advertising executives and other movie cue personnel.

I regret that I was unable to hear your composition... because "You Tube" has been acquired and the new owners are wanting information regarding the listeners. I have become wary and weary of being spied on and having my personal data shared with marketing people... or worse. I hope you can find another medium to display your musical creativity without forcing us to choose. (Not your fault... but I've written and recorded more than 1000 songs and have run out of places that will let me post my music without giving up my rights or otherwise having to jump through hoops.) If my music dies with me, so be it. My Pro Organization (ASCAP) has caved in to the "streaming" crowd which means composers and songwriters are paid a pittance of what they were required to be compensated under the original copyright laws.

As a way of "falling upon my sword" as the end draw nigh, I am investigating creative commons as an approach but it means I will be throwing away the legacy I believed I was creating for my wife and children, as my heirs.

Sad commentary on the state of music today.

Despite all the roadblocks and betrayals, I've enjoyed the creative aspect of my work... and would do it all over again. I only wish I had begun writing and recording 50 years ago when energy and youth, coupled with better health might have allowed me to match my hero, Willie Nelson and his immense catalog of great songs.

All the best to you, ----Dave
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/13/20 02:34 PM
Tried listening Antony, but the link doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll try again another time.

Dave
Posted By: AntonyRobWells Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/13/20 11:50 PM
https://youtu.be/Aq5vYZNyIH0 - sorry, here's a working link.

Hi Dave, thanks. Youtube has been acquired? I googled but couldn't find this. Do you have a link? I'm surprised
to see google sell one of their commodities.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/14/20 03:14 PM
Hi Antony:

The acquisition of YouTube by Google was accomplished a while back... but they appear to be changing the rules about exactly who can watch and that's a shame. Sorry if I caused confusion.

B-T-W... Verizon acquired AOL and Yahoo... then kicked off all the free clients. I had paid AOL for years, then discovered they were letting folks use it for free... so I stopped paying and continued to use it for years. Made no difference to Verizon. Dirty rats!
Posted By: AntonyRobWells Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/14/20 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, I knew that change/date. But haven't heard about changing who can watch? Is this censorship or restricting certain countries?
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Child Of Nova - Instrumental - 02/17/20 03:29 PM
Finally got around to listening to this. Hard to fault anything about what I heard, but it doesn't sound done to me. I get what Dave said above about using this as a short clip, but as a stand alone it needs more. The pic on the video is kind of cool. If that is you, it looks like you are submerged in your chair, with your headphones and glasses, in a swimming pool with the color of the background.

Anyway, enjoyed the listen. It started out taking me on a journey, buy the journey suddenly ended.

Davet
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards