the sweet scent of a woman
aint no good reason why
but somwhow it happens
as in the blink of an eye
The slower you get
the faster the women walk bye
Posted By: Gary E. Andrews

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/24/20 07:29 PM

I've just listened to this and a couple others. You're exploring far and wide. That's a good thing.
I recommend getting the pronouns in there, the 'I', and 'I'm', the 'actor' to do the 'action' of the verbs.
I always recommended examining a Lyric to see if you can elminate 'and' or 'but' or 'cause' as Line openers. You can unclutter a Line in your mouth to sing it, leave a space to breathe, and the Line can be just as effective without them, most of the time.
Keep exploring. Song possibilities are endless, even after thousands of years of Songwriting.
Posted By: Fdemetrio

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/24/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gary E. Andrews
I've just listened to this and a couple others. You're exploring far and wide. That's a good thing.
I recommend getting the pronouns in there, the 'I', and 'I'm', the 'actor' to do the 'action' of the verbs.
I always recommended examining a Lyric to see if you can elminate 'and' or 'but' or 'cause' as Line openers. You can unclutter a Line in your mouth to sing it, leave a space to breathe, and the Line can be just as effective without them, most of the time.
Keep exploring. Song possibilities are endless, even after thousands of years of Songwriting.

Thanks Gary, the song is meant to be a calm panic. So it's sung ina rushed fashion. Just a rough demo.

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/25/20 02:40 PM

Broken link fixed

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/28/20 11:30 PM

Lookin for feedback on this as a song, not a track....
Posted By: E Swartz

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/29/20 05:05 PM

Fd,

Man you are prolific here lately on the Mp3 threads! I need to get my butt in gear and post a song--working on three, just hard to get the time to finish productions......as I don't have the liberty of being retired as of yet and biz travel supersedes studio time.

Another nice tune, and one many sad middle aged men will relate to for sure, and I'm sure the ladies can relate conversely. Nicely written, and again very good potential IMO.

steady-eddie
Posted By: Vicarn

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/29/20 06:51 PM

It works. Laid back feel. Nice.

Vic

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/29/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by E Swartz
Fd,

Man you are prolific here lately on the Mp3 threads! I need to get my butt in gear and post a song--working on three, just hard to get the time to finish productions......as I don't have the liberty of being retired as of yet and biz travel supersedes studio time.

Another nice tune, and one many sad middle aged men will relate to for sure, and I'm sure the ladies can relate conversely. Nicely written, and again very good potential IMO.

steady-eddie

Thanks Eddie. I hear ya, my issue is im not a good enough engineer to make a great recording. Even with tech. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. It allows me to do what I want to, if I can, when I want to. But it also limits me to only what Im capable of, whereas other people/musicians could broaden my reach.

I always considered myself the songwriter of a band, probably a garage band, not as much as a singer/songwriter. I wish i was able to write good songs back in the days when I had band members around.

Re: The Slower You Get - 01/29/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vicarn
It works. Laid back feel. Nice.

Vic

Thanks Vic.
© 2020 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards