JPF Home Page
Posted By: Marvin Adcock Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/09/19 01:21 PM
Sometimes I need the distraction of not writing for the cut, and just writing something that is fun. This song was a blast just letting the session musicians and the vocalist Tim Buppert have free rein when we tracked this demo.

http://frettie.com/track_detail/2424
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/09/19 02:27 PM
Morning, Marvin:

That session must have been an "absolute blast"... and the result is an amalgam of Bluegrass, Americana and Country. It causes immediate toe tapping syndrome... and certainly lifts the spirits of the listener. Sometimes, just letting the vocalist and session players "take the lead with little direction" is the best thing you can do.

Enjoyed so much and, as always, I wish you tons of success. Great write, great performance... fantastic result.

All my best, ----Dave
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Re: Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/09/19 02:54 PM
Well,
Uptempo songs are hard to write but this one should get a lot of consideration by any top Artist. Good enough for a Major Release. Good writing Marvin.

A guy named Melvin Ensley wrote SINGING THE BLUES, Marty Robbins first National Hit. He also wrote another song Marty Recorded, KNEE DEEP IN THE BLUES. Keep writing.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/10/19 01:37 AM
Good song Marvin.
Posted By: Marvin Adcock Re: Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/10/19 11:45 AM
Thanks Dave, Ray and Martin for listening and commenting. It may never see the light of day beyond the demo, but it was a fun song to do and I am glad to have it in my catalog. Thanks again guys!

Marvin
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Knee Deep In Loving You - 03/10/19 04:14 PM
Marvin,

Sounds like it was indeed a fun one to put together. Your vocalist did a terrific job. Good stuff!

All the best,

Deej
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards