Shufflin’ deals in, secret back rooms

Hooks and crooks King with the axe
Wild Cards make the rules
Rest of us in the deck
Are stuck at face value

Developers will vote upon command
So they can access government grants
Joe and Joline average, can launch a protest
But the damn odds are, stacked against us.

Rest of us in the deck
Are stuck at face value

No wild cards, should be allowed
Play the hand, good luck all ‘round

Rest of us in the deck
Are stuck at face value
Posted By: Neil Cotton Re: Hooks and Crooks. - 01/09/19 02:13 PM
any similarity to melody of another gambler song is strictly intentional...sorry...sue me. LOL
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Hooks and Crooks. - 01/09/19 03:14 PM
Hi Neil:

Enjoyed the song and it's message. I guess from my perspective, it applies equally across all borders, party affiliations and individual politicians. As you know, our Country (on your southern border) is under invasion from legions of poor hispanics. They are overwhelming our social services, increasing our tax burdens at all levels, and because the "other party" considers them "beholden"... are being encouraged to vote illegally. In essence, our Country is being stolen by unethical, greedy, self-serving politicians who already have bodyguards and walls around their homes and offices... and their minions who sneak across the border each day. Need I say more?

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with it.

----Dave
Posted By: Neil Cotton Re: Hooks and Crooks. - 01/09/19 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rice
Hi Neil:

Enjoyed the song and it's message. I guess from my perspective, it applies equally across all borders, party affiliations and individual politicians. As you know, our Country (on your southern border) is under invasion from legions of poor hispanics. They are overwhelming our social services, increasing our tax burdens at all levels, and because the "other party" considers them "beholden"... are being encouraged to vote illegally. In essence, our Country is being stolen by unethical, greedy, self-serving politicians who already have bodyguards and walls around their homes and offices... and their minions who sneak across the border each day. Need I say more?

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with it.

----Dave

There are some partisan folks here who are upset with refugees seeking asylum here, from Syria, and Haiti via USA.
Too many self serving politicians every where.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards