JPF Home Page
In 2013 I saw a neat lyric by our own Lisa Gundling on the Board here and the Recording languished in my storage bin until I heard it again the other day... decided to re-cut it... and this is the result: https://www.songramp.com/musicsharing/listen/music_12616/

Thanks for listening... and thanks, Lisa for a great song idea! Really enjoyable to record.
Hi Dave.

Loved this vibe. Nicely done. I can't help hearing a full orchestra in support, but this one has a great foundation! You also have a nice tone with your voice that is disctinct. Lisa!! Nice lyric write--miss seeing you around here!

steady-eddie
AWESOME !

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Dave,

Really digging your vocals on this and the last few songs you’ve posted—a pleasure to hear you, and this one is no exception. Like the sound of this from start to finish. Lyrically, the analogy works and the arrangement definitely captures the mood. For some reason—and it’s totally subjective from my perspective—I’m not crazy about the “he brings her lots of cheese” line, but it’s works with the analogy . . .. and so makes my comment totally meaningless. So dismiss it accordingly. smile

Good stuff, Dave. You’re on a roll—keep them coming!

Kindest regards,

Deej
I like the whole sound of this Dave. Very cool.
Not sure the "cheese" line fits in with the feel of the song though.

Good one, you two.

Vic
Good collab Dave. Where's Lisa?
I could well imagine this one being sung as the credits roll at the end of a James Bond type movie.
It's amazing how these hidden gems stay filed away for so long
Regards
John
Hi Eddie:

Thanks for taking time to listen, comment and say "Hello" to Lisa who, like most Mom's... is busy living life, raising children... and wondering how she ever found time to write all those great lyrics. Someday, hopefully... we'll begin to see her posting again... and enjoy that terrific sense of humor she brings to JPF.

Merry Christmas... ----Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for retrieving this from your storage bin! It's so nice to have an excuse to listen to it again! I'm re-delighted to have been a part of this cool Dave Rice performance!

Lisa
Hi Ed -- Thanks so much for your nice comments! I know what you mean about the full orchestra ... I could hear that, too! But, for now, we'll just have to enjoy listening to Dave without it! --Lisa

Hi Calvin -- Thank you for your awesome comment! No turds or birds here ... just cheese! smile --Lisa

Hi Deej -- It IS so nice to hear Dave! His songs are always such a pleasure to listen to! I'm laughing about the cheese line .... the original line we had in there ended with "please" and we talked about changing it, but, as it stands ... The Cheese Stands Alone! lol! -- Thank you for your comments! --Lisa

Hi Vic -- Thank you! Dave did do a cool job with this! I know the cheese line is an attention grabbing distraction, as one imagines him delivering shredded mozzarella or a hunk of gouda to her door .... but appearances deceive ... maybe it's not cheese .... maybe it's a bowl of milk ... or catnip... lol! --Lisa

Hi Travis -- Hey -- I see what you mean about the James Bond thing! Dave's vocal and music and lyrical changes really set the mood for mystery. Thanks so much for your visit and kind words, Travis! -- Lisa
Nice one Lisa b& Dave! Well done! Has an espionage feel to it. Maybe James Bondish. I hear a bit of Middle Eastern as well.

Best, John smile
Hi John,

Thank you for your nice visit and comments! I think you're right about the espionage feel ... Dave did a great job of setting that deceptive, spy-like mood on this piece!

Thanks!
Lisa
Forgive me... JPF family:

I have neglected to thank each of you for listening to what I think of... as one, super cute story and catchy song idea. (Yep, Gundling is missed around here as evidenced by the comments of two long time stalwarts.) Her writing ability caused me to participate in at least four... maybe five "musications" of her lyrics. (Thank you Beth Williams for allowing me to borrow your expression.) Two things stand out in the opinions and ideas more than one of you identified as either distracting...(the cheese) then the "James Bondish" Vibe of the music with an espionage feel. (I count those as 2 minuses and 2 plusses!)

I thought the cheese, the cat and the mouse were the glue that held the song together but who am I to argue the point that Mr. Mouse was so enamoured with Miss Kitty that he would give up his cheese for "those Catty Eyes?" Perhaps the only "love element" alluded to in the story? Appearances really do deceive, don't they.

As most of you know, I had to post the song over at the SongRamp in order to provide a link to it here. One of the listeners there seemed to bear out my "train of thought"... then added the question: "Wonder what happened to the mouse?" ... as if I am capable of even thinking a serious thought these days. For several years, I've given that site equal billing with JPF for finding and satisfying my "music fix"... and now, I am told they plan to scuttle the ship in the spring of next year. That really makes me sad for at one time, they seemed to attract some of the most gifted people I've had the pleasure of rubbing elbows with... figuratively. Sorta like the end of a love affair... and much like I would feel if Brian decided to shutter the windows and doors at JPF. We are losing Internet Music Sites at a rapid pace... and I worry about that.

Anyway, thank you all for your thoughts... for lending your ears... and for helping to honor Lisa for her super creative mind.

Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks from the bottom of my heart. ----Dave
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards