JPF Home Page

I Hope I Die At Night

Posted By: Neil Cotton

I Hope I Die At Night - 10/10/18 12:19 AM

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13790959

I Hope I Die At Night
(Neil Cotton)


Yes It sounds too crazy to be ever seen
It happens every night in my wildest dream
All I get for Christmas is a cowgirl by my tree
One who takes me places I have never been

She pulls me up behind her silver western saddle
We ride off together as my fantasies unravel
A cowgirl with golden hair blowing back in my face
Saying come with me to my loving place

I hope I Die At Night
We’ll fly beyond the sky
I believe in Heaven
Where love will last forever
I hope I Die At Night


Together we will gallop past my ex girl friend
The one who said to me her love for me was dead
Fly our silver steed across the universe
Stopping now and then to write another verse

I hope I Die At Night
We’ll fly beyond the sky
I believe in Heaven
Where love will last forever
I hope I Die At Night


If my time has come to leave
Make it happen while I sleep

I hope I Die At Night
We’ll fly beyond the sky
I believe in Heaven
Where love will last forever
I hope I Die At Night


Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/10/18 01:03 AM

Neil! Where ya been? Welcome back! I read the lyrics first and they made me laugh outloud, so I was expecting it to be more of a spoof. The serious musical arrangement surprised me. Not that that's good or bad...just unexpected.

Ricki
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/10/18 01:41 PM

Ricki...Yes it is meant to be a bit ironinc...heavy music light whimsical lyric
.... the music could be different....will look into it.
Thanks for your warm welcome....had projects on the go smile
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/10/18 06:12 PM

Ricki , a little different feel and tempo
Posted By: Travis david

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/12/18 06:12 AM

Hi Neil.
Yes different, good song and yes whimsical too
.Good luck with it
Travis
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/12/18 05:54 PM

Thanks Travis..no luck required, goin' no where LOL
Posted By: Deej56

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/15/18 08:06 PM

Neil,

I had given your first arrangement a listen but didn't have an opportunity to comment. But I think this is the better arrangement, and Ricki nudged you in the right direction. Nice work!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: lane1777

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/15/18 09:02 PM

well that was refreshing Neil, it was fun just reading the verse, then I got to hear it! liked it all!
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/15/18 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Deej56
Neil,

I had given your first arrangement a listen but didn't have an opportunity to comment. But I think this is the better arrangement, and Ricki nudged you in the right direction. Nice work!

Best regards,

Deej

I'm glad it's working ...thanks
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/15/18 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by lane1777
well that was refreshing Neil, it was fun just reading the verse, then I got to hear it! liked it all!


Refreshing , that's a nice compliment...thanks
Posted By: Calvin

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/17/18 09:46 AM

Hello Neil,


Good job, I especially like this part.......


Fly our silver steed across the universe
Stopping now and then to write another verse


Calvin


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/17/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin
Hello Neil,


Good job, I especially like this part.......


Fly our silver steed across the universe
Stopping now and then to write another verse


Calvin


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart

ME TOO LOL...thanks kind sir!
Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/19/18 01:20 PM

It's a keeper, Neil! Sweet dreams! smile

Ricki
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 10/21/18 02:05 PM

It's a really catchy hook, musically and especially lyrically. It has an engaging and infectious quality to it that just makes it really enjoyable. I agree with Calvin's choice of his favorite lines.
Posted By: Neil Cotton

Re: I Hope I Die At Night - 11/06/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Sinclair
It's a really catchy hook, musically and especially lyrically. It has an engaging and infectious quality to it that just makes it really enjoyable. I agree with Calvin's choice of his favorite lines.


Gavin, Thanks for your encouraging words
© 2020 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards