JPF Home Page
Posted By: Doug Buche Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/04/15 07:39 PM
Wrote in English in the past and converted to Spanish for a class I am taking. My Easter contribution.

https://douglasbuche.bandcamp.com/track/por-que-a-mi

Por que a mi?
Copyright Doug Buche 2012-2015

Primer Verso:
1st Verse: Why me? ¿Por qué a mi? Why me Lord?
¿Por qué yo, Dios? Why are your words running through my head, when I want to be sleeping. ¿Por qué su palabras corriendo en mi mente cuando quiero estar durmiendo?

El Coro:

Why me. Por qué a mí. Why'd you choose me?¿Por qué me elegio a mi. Why'd you choose me? I've always been on your side, while others got the got the prize, I felt I was not worth keeping. Yo siempre he estado en su lado. Mientras otras recompensas. Sentí que me merecía nada...

I thought I heard you say, Pensé que oía que dice, "You're praying my Son's prayer.
Que estás rezando la oración de mi hijo.
Follow Him and believe. You'll be a survivor Síga El y creer. Será un sobreviviente. . Follow Him and believe, and you'll live forever. Síga El y creer, y usted vivirá para siempre.

2nd Verse:
As I travel through this life, I try to stay on the path that you want for me.
Trato de estar en el camino que quieres para mí.
But when sorrow and pain come my way, I get stuck in my own Gethsemane. That's when I say . Pero cuando tengo pena y dolor yo soy atascado en mi propio Gethsemane. Entonces digo. . .

. . El coro: Final Chorus:
Por qué a mí. ¿Por qué elegio me? Yo siempre he estado en su lado,
Why me. Why'd you choose me? I've always been on your side,
Mientras otras recompensas. Sentí que me merecía nada...while others got the got the prize, I felt I was not worth keeping.
Pensé que oía que dice,
Que estás rezando la oración de mi hijo.
Follow Him and believe. You'll be a survivor. Síga El y creer. Será un sobreviviente. . Follow Him and believe, and you'll live forever. Síga El y creer, y usted vivirá para siempre.

Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 12:09 AM
Hi Doug:

I've always wondered how difficult it is to convert a song from one language to another... and keep the same meanings and rhyming pattern. For some reason, I always assumed it is a nearly impossible task without changing a line or expression here or there.

B-T-W... I have a co-written song with the same title, "Why Me" but the story line is a guy wondering why the girl chose him when she had so many guys to choose from.

Very nice work, Doug.

Dave
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 12:31 AM
Hi Doug. Nice to see you back here.

I got the initial message "Why me" and that drew me in but was confused when you said "follow him and live forever". That turned me away from what I was feeling and I got lost.
I love the melody.
vic
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 12:52 AM
Thanks Dave . . . . I think for some songs it would be almost impossible. This one had a fairly simple organization to it so I could work it out.

Thanks for your feedback,

Sound like your "Why Me" version was much more upbeat . . nice to be the one chosen in that way!

Doug
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 12:57 AM
Thanks Vic

Appreciate you listening and your comments.

The song is supposed to be about a perception that Christ - God is choosing you to be like Christ ... to follow in his footsteps and way of living . . knowing that you will also have your crosses to carry ... and comparing your own grieving to Christ's at Gethsemane . . and then believing that your faith will save you.

Doug
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 01:07 AM
Thanks Doug. Now I get it.
I thought at first it was a cry to your lady.

Vic
Posted By: PeteG Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 02:05 AM
Thanks Doug, I applaud your ambition in studying and applying the Spanish language. I'm assuming it's classic rather than Mexican Spanish.
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 03:48 AM
Thanks Pete

I think I am trying to learn Spanish to relate to people I know and to take the best aspects of it to express myself musically. Living in S. California I have many friends from Mexico, but also have had close friends from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Central America, and South America .... Colombia and Peru especially.

Doug
Posted By: Nelson Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/05/15 07:58 PM
Hats off to you Doug.

The song gets the message across very well but to also translate it.
Well, that's muy impresionante, indeed.

Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/07/15 02:18 AM
Gracias para sus palabras Senor Nelson!

It is always great to receive your feedback as I appreciate your music and your style very much.

Doug
Posted By: TamsNumber4 Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/07/15 04:43 AM
Well,....hello Mr. Talented!

What an undertaking! Very nice friend, appropriate for the holiday and beyond....good to see you!

Tammy
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/09/15 08:34 PM
Thank you Tammy.

Nice to hear from you again as well.

I appreciate very much your feedback.

Gracias Amiga.

Doug
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/09/15 09:07 PM
Hey Doug,

That was just great to my ears mate. I have no idea what it means, or for what it was intended, but it was passionate, and delivered beautifully. It made me drift away.

Nice work.

cheers, niteshift
Posted By: maccharles Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/09/15 09:27 PM
this has an "authentic" feel, like you really mean it......I would try supplanting the electric with acoustic, don't know why, but that was my first thought.
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/10/15 07:20 PM
Hey Nite . . .great to hear from you again and thanks for the positive feedback.

Lost track of you . . .what happened with the "I write the songs" collaboration?

Doug
Posted By: Doug Buche Re: Por que a Mi? Why Me? - 04/10/15 07:22 PM
Thanks Mac

It is true that when I write a song with a spiritual focus . . it is a way of praying for me. Thank you for noticing that part.

Thanks for listening and for your feedback as well.

Doug
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards