JPF Home Page
Jennie Lee and myself put together our first East Coast tour and really getting excited... We have many dates out as we are from Omaha NE and would like to know your thoughts on the BIG APPLE... We are calling are trip the DREAMING OF THE COAST TOUR...

"Are you strong enough? Do you care to much? To hang out in this part of country, while we are dreaming of the coast. I think we should go..." Omaha, NE based duo Midwest Dilemma will take their Alt-Country and Roots Rock sound out East on their Dreaming tour. All performances will feature guitarist and singer/songwriter Justin Lamoureux with vocalist Jennie Lee. "They are easy to like" - slamomaha.com

Midwest Dilemma has shared the stage with national acts such as Jesse Malin, Kathleen Edwards, Roger Clyne, and Kory & the Fireflies. The duo can be described as emotionally charged and singer/songwriter driven. "If you're a sucker for a good songwriter, Midwest Dilemma fits the bill for lyric-driven music. Singer-guitarist Justin Lamoureux and singer Jennie Lee both have a confident, riveting stage presence, thanks in part to soulful, autobiographical lyrics." - Kathy Hughes, The Omaha Pulp For further tour information and a free MP3 audio sample, visit Midwest Dilemma online at midwestdilemma.com.

TOUR DATES:

Sep 21 2004 9:00P O'Leaver's Pub OMAHA, NE
Sep 22 2004 9:00P Keysters Urbandale, IA
Sep 23 2004 9:00P The Mill Iowa City, IA
Sep 24 2004 9:00P Bremen Cafe Milwaukee, WI
Sep 25 2004 7:00P Uncommon Ground Chicago, IL
Sep 25 2004 9:00P Lilly's Bar Chicago, IL
Sep 26 2004 4:30P Xhedos Cafe Ferndale, MI
Sep 27 2004 8:30P Barking Spider Cleveland, OH
Sep 28 2004 7:00P Broadway Joe's Buffalo, NY
Sep 29 2004 10:00P ABC Cafe Ithaca, NY
Sep 30 2004 6:00P All Asia Cafe Cambridge, MA
Oct 2 2004 8:00P Alphabet Lounge New York, NY
Oct 3 2004 10:00P CB's 313 Gallery New York, NY
Oct 5 2004 10:30P Fuel & Fuddle Pittsburgh, PA
Oct 6 2004 9:00P Northside Tavern Cincinnati, OH
Oct 8 2004 9:00P Sally T's Saint Peters, MO

Thanks for your help and support!

Justin P. Lamoureux
email: justinpl@hotmail.com
www.omahasongwriters.com
www.midwestdilemma.com
Posted By: mastrose Re: Thoughts on the New York music scene? - 09/16/04 11:19 PM
I spent all of my early performing days playing in the city (NYC, that is!). I seldom play there anymore. Typically you get to do one set as part of multi-set acts; typically you make no money or maybe a piece of the door, that is, if the door is honest with you. Often they're not.

Many venues do not really have their own audiences and rely on you to BYO.

If you are lucky, one of the acts on before or after you will bring an audience who will stick around for you!

In any case it can be exciting playing in NYC and CBs Gallery is an especially nice room.

------------------
Marian Mastrorilli
mastrose@aol.com
http://www.projectmercury.net
Marian,

Thanks so much for the feedback! Sounds like NY can be very hit or miss depending on the venue and other performers. I guess that makes me want to work that much harder to be one of them that brings in people to the show... Marketing is so difficult when you are 1000 miles away... I am doing my best with press releases and online resources... Again, thanks for your information...

Justin
Other than perhaps using it as an adventure, i gotta tell you, coming 1000 miles to play in new york city is not a great idea... The clubs here have gotten worse, basically you still are playing one set with 5 other bands, there is absolutely NO money (unless you consider making $10 at the door money)... Most places are set up to be a bar first, which means, that whoever happens to be there went there to drink and socialize, so they'll talk while you're playing... Anyway, I hope your tour goes well, just don't expect much from New York City.... [Linked Image]

------------------
www.soundclick.com/paulradelat
honestly it's Total Est. Time: 18 hours, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1242.92 miles... what was i thinking... its really not leaving omaha and going straight to new york. we have 9-10 show inbetween. this is more of a journey. as far as the bar scene goes, i have found that you have to make people want to listen to you. if you have something that they want to hear they will stop talking... i know a few people with that talent that can draw in and silence 100+ rooms. i guess ultimately that is the goal... i know alot of people can get frustrated in having people talk all over them... find a way to capture your audience. sometimes if i am feeling the room and want to give the effort, i can usually push my vocals and emotion to the point of almost breaking... that's when you know you are giving it all you got... talk soon..

Justin
Justin,

I see your coming near my neck of the woods.
Ithaca is just up the road.
I'm not sure where the ABC cafe is but it might be in the commons.
The commons is a place where all the college kids hang out. You get students from Ithaca college and Cornell which is right next door.
Some of the area still has alot of hippies.
Some IVY league burnouts walking around with PHD's.
Ithaca is a really cool town and plus Cayuga lake is right there.
If you get some time drive up the west side of the lake and go to Toughannock State park roughly 5 miles up the lake.
You will find a gorge with a water fall that is as high as Niagra Falls. A small hike up the trail and your there or you can drive up to the top and go to the overlook.
It's worth it.
Great place to take some pics of your band.

Also If you enjoy wine.. The fingerlakes region has some of the best wine in the world.

Good luck,

DAvid
David,

thanks of the tourist attractions... that sound great... i actually wrote down both of those as ideas for things to do while we are out there... how is the weather???

Justin
We've had a rainy summer around here but average this time a year it's around 60 - 70

Also You could take a drive around Cornell a bit. You can't miss it... Its basically half the town.
It's probably the largest college in the world. The old 1800's building and New architecture mix is pretty cool.
I'ts where the brightest of best come..
tuition is probably only about 50 grand a year.
Needless to say I didn't get in when I was a young lad..

Sadly they have quite a few suicides there each year too. I think its from the pressure for some of these kids to be the best.
These kids were probably number one in their class at Podunk high and then they come to Cornell and they just a average student...
There is a Gorge bridge as you cross into the college. Thats were alot of them plunge.
A friend of mine works up there as a cop.
Anyway.. didn't mean to bring you down..
It is a really great fun town.

I remember hitting the bars one time up there quite a few years ago during the winter time.
While we were watching some bands it had snowed for hours. When closing time hit I rememeber thousands of college kids filing out in the streets. What ensued next was the largest snowball fight I had ever seen.
I was racing my car down the street in a foot of snow trying desperately to get on the main drag and not spin out. The streets in Ithaca are very steep, Kinda like a mini San Fransico.
Why? because I only wanted a hundred dents from snowballs hitting my car instead of thousands. Everybody's car was getting nailed.
It was pretty funny looking back on it now.
But my car still had little dents on it untill I sold it years ago.

DAvid
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards