JPF Home Page
Holy crap you HAVE to watch this short video from peter Jackson who is working with 56 HOURS of never before seen film of the Beatles making Get Back. Even this little preview is amazing...

Your thoughts?
Wow! I can't wait. This preview makes me happy yet also sad. The youthful spirit makes one feel a bit old, but the nostalgia is welcomed. We all know the Beatles wrote great melodies, but I think a large part of their huge success was their "inhibitions" for being silly.......which allowed us as youngsters to relate/identify with. I also think today's youth will feel that same attraction when seeing/hearing these clips--it's contagious.
this is what my Grand kids would call "LIT...lol looking at this I do believe the best times and music come
when the people you love and there are no deadlines or have-to`s make it all so much better. I`m thinking
this little feature will reward all Beatles fans and attract more from the younger crowd too. That is so very cool.

and Ithink this might be just the first taste of this project, might be coming in several clips.
Thanks for digging this up Brian...great song, full of energy...and it does show them having lots of fun doing it
Posted By: 9ne Re: Holy Crap!!!! The Beatles you've NEVER seen! - 12/22/20 07:45 PM
Wow! Where do I order? grin
I have the Let It Be film on VHS, (poor quality) and it's easy to forget the good parts after watching, because the film feels so dark, cold, and depressing.
This new film looks like it wants to focus on the playing, (guitars and around) The looks they give each other are reminders that the joy of making music together wasn't difficult to conjure up.

Great post Brian!
-Mike
Awesome post.
That just made my millennium....
Looks good. Never ceases to amaze me how the Beatles still make money and outsell bands who are still living and together....

Must see for any Beatle fan.
Great post Brian !

With Peter Jackson in charge, I'm sure it will be a great film. ( Go the kiwi's ! LOL )

The footage and editing are so clear it could have been shot yesterday. ( probably digitally "scrubbed " )

Looking forward to the final version.

cheers, niteshift
Originally Posted by niteshift
Great post Brian !

With Peter Jackson in charge, I'm sure it will be a great film. ( Go the kiwi's ! LOL )

The footage and editing are so clear it could have been shot yesterday. ( probably digitally "scrubbed " )

Looking forward to the final version.

cheers, niteshift

See, we really CAN talk about music here!
Originally Posted by E Swartz
Wow! I can't wait. This preview makes me happy yet also sad. The youthful spirit makes one feel a bit old, but the nostalgia is welcomed. We all know the Beatles wrote great melodies, but I think a large part of their huge success was their "inhibitions" for being silly.......which allowed us as youngsters to relate/identify with. I also think today's youth will feel that same attraction when seeing/hearing these clips--it's contagious.

I would just point out that they actually worked under tremendous time pressure which I believe HELPS creativity rather than hurts it. They pumped out more classic music in a shorter time period than anyone in history in my opinion. I think having short deadlines frees your creativity because there is no time for doubt and all ideas must be entertained and dispatched with completely so you have no time for self doubt or reflection.
Posted By: 9ne Re: Holy Crap!!!! The Beatles you've NEVER seen! - 12/23/20 01:26 PM
...and they didn't have unlimited tracks like today's "artists".
Originally Posted by 9ne
...and they didn't have unlimited tracks like today's "artists".

I was just writing about unlimited music killing music. Same as "perfect music" done on computers with virtual instruments. Imperfections unique to artists make great records. That human imperfection is missing and missed in music as never before. It devalues the appeal and the unlimited quantity pouring out further waters down passion and attention spans.
Posted By: 9ne Re: Holy Crap!!!! The Beatles you've NEVER seen! - 12/23/20 02:16 PM
I'm surprised songs aren't 30 seconds in length by now...
-Mike
Originally Posted by 9ne
-Mike

New song/.... Rock Around The TikTok
Posted By: 9ne Re: Holy Crap!!!! The Beatles you've NEVER seen! - 12/23/20 04:56 PM
That'll work! lightbulb
Brian thank you for such information !! Amazing!
Originally Posted by 9ne
-Mike

Finally after all these years I know your first name! Mike!

I actually know an industry guy who, back in the late 90's, tried to get a major radio station owner to dedicate a station to play... 30 second songs! So you are not wrong, these guys were thinking about this inevitabilty for a long, long time!
Posted By: 9ne Re: Holy Crap!!!! The Beatles you've NEVER seen! - 12/30/20 11:26 AM
Mike it is. Actually I changed it from Brian Austin Whitney as I thought it may be confusing! grin
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards