JPF Home Page
Posted By: Fdemetrio So Long Andrew Luck! - 08/25/19 05:48 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-shocking-retirement-decision-at-age-29/

Shocking news, he was a certain Hall of Famer, he wont have the numbers now, not Unless he pulls a Brett Favre and comes out of retirement next year or the year after.

Good guy, great player!
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: So Long Andrew Luck! - 08/26/19 03:45 AM
Yeah, it's too bad his last minute, knee jerk "decision" came in when it was far too late for the team to do anything about it. Sure we have a serviceable back-up but as one of the Super Bowl favorites, all that is in the rearview mirror. Looks like KC and NE will likely repeat their game to get in and then win the SB. Philly is likely the only NFC team likely to pose a threat.

As he was our local QB, I just lost the most anticipated team sport season of my life as a fan. The Colts will be l*cky to win 8 games. We'd be better off going 0-16 and getting a top QB to go with what is otherwise a solid roster. It REALLY sucks for some of our pending FAs who likely would have gotten seriously paid after another year even equal to the last one. Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Anthony Costanzo, Devin Funchess etc. Will suck badly for their pocketbooks at the end of the season and may also make it tough for us to sign new FA's with all their cap space.

Ah well.. only have to wait until Oct for the Pacers to start playing!
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: So Long Andrew Luck! - 08/26/19 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Brian Austin Whitney
Yeah, it's too bad his last minute, knee jerk "decision" came in when it was far too late for the team to do anything about it. Sure we have a serviceable back-up but as one of the Super Bowl favorites, all that is in the rearview mirror. Looks like KC and NE will likely repeat their game to get in and then win the SB. Philly is likely the only NFC team likely to pose a threat.

As he was our local QB, I just lost the most anticipated team sport season of my life as a fan. The Colts will be l*cky to win 8 games. We'd be better off going 0-16 and getting a top QB to go with what is otherwise a solid roster. It REALLY sucks for some of our pending FAs who likely would have gotten seriously paid after another year even equal to the last one. Eric Ebron, Jack Doyle, Anthony Costanzo, Devin Funchess etc. Will suck badly for their pocketbooks at the end of the season and may also make it tough for us to sign new FA's with all their cap space.

Ah well.. only have to wait until Oct for the Pacers to start playing!

Well, some guys are plagued with injuries, other guys like Brady play forever and never get hurt. Brady missed one season in his 20 year career.

People like to blame the player for it, sometimes it is a case of the player being a primadonna and not wanting to play if he has a sore toe. Luck couldnt even throw a football a year and a half ago, and he recovered faster than they thought, his nerve in his shoulder was completely dead, no power. But he played well with it

I wouldnt call him soft, but I would call him UNlucky....

One thing the colts have in favor for them is their division is weak. if they can go 9-7 they could win the division. Jax will probably win the division

I already put Money down on The Saints going to the bowl. Not winning it but just making it. It's all contingent on Brees playing the year without injury...he is 40. But I think they have a chip on their shoulder from getting robbed of a superbowl trip last year by a terrible non-call. And they are probably the most talented team in the NFC, both sides of the ball. 10-1 odds for the most talented experienced team in the league, im on board... but these long term futures as they call them, are all risky cause one injury can change it all.

Rams, Bears, Eagles all have a fighting chance. AFC I like Chargers, another good paying odds for a extremely underrated team.

BTW, Jacoby Brisette is a great athlete, they will use the running game a bit more, probably option too.

I think Luck will be back at some point, if Brisette takes off Luck could become the next Wally Pipp....check references...
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards