JPF Home Page
I've just been on FB and the bad news is Barry is in a hospice.
Messages of support i'm sure would be welcome
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 12:54 PM
I suspected that... or worse. Barry's absence has been noticed and I hope he is able to recover and return. He is a prolific Singer and Writer and has battled cancer for quite some time... and his wife was also quite ill.

Barry, we miss you and wish you the best.
Posted By: Sunset Poet Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rice
I suspected that... or worse. Barry's absence has been noticed and I hope he is able to recover and return. He is a prolific Singer and Writer and has battled cancer for quite some time... and his wife was also quite ill.

Barry, we miss you and wish you the best.

Oh my. I hope that he is made very comfortable.
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 02:15 PM
I had a hunch of this a long time ago. Poor guy. Stay strong Barry!
Posted By: Kevin Emmrich Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 03:56 PM
Sorry to hear that. Barry is a good man and he has battled many obstacles, especially with his health over the past few years. Prayers and best wishes.
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 06:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have a link to his facebook page? We lost two important JPFers in the past few days already, Jill Sansores Connolly who was a big part of our initial online efforts to recruit members (back when we used to do that) and also our early Roadtrip tours around the USA. And the same day I learned of the passing our Female Artist of the Year & Album of the Year winner Erika Luckett, one of the singular amazing talents I have ever come across in over 30 years of touring the world and meeting (and in most cases seeing perform) over 30K artists face to face. I hope Barry is comfortable and surrounded by people he loves and who love him. Thanks for letting us know Travis.
Posted By: lane1777 Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 07:29 PM
sorry to hear that,

Hi Barry! stay strong, I remember when I first got started, you were there to help me, Thank you Barry, I think I still have the song somewhere maybe. all my best wishes to you Barry... Lane
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 09:33 PM
Bloody cancer.
Posted By: E Swartz Re: Barry Butler - 11/01/18 11:00 PM
Keep fighting Barry, it can be a bumpy road--many beat it. Thinking of you and will put a good word in for you upstairs!

Ed
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Barry Butler - 11/02/18 03:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Barry . . . but know you have the prayers and well wishes of all of us who have had the pleasure to know you through JPF. Never give up. Sending nothing but good thoughts your way!

Deej
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Barry Butler - 11/02/18 05:06 AM
My best to you Barry smile

cheers, Geoff
Posted By: Calvin Re: Barry Butler - 11/02/18 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear this kind of news, wishing him the best of luck.

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Barry Butler - 11/02/18 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear this about Barry. Many of us here are getting to the age when sickness will spring upon us. I have a dear friend waiting to go in the hospital now for a very serious operation, aneurysm behind his heart.
Posted By: maccharles Re: Barry Butler - 11/09/18 02:26 AM
Damn, I wanted to say a lot about this, but I'll just go with [naughty word removed] cancer, the human condition and aging.

This kind of news makes me short with the young .....and I really shouldn't be.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Barry Butler - 11/09/18 02:09 PM
Hi Mac:

I understand your angst... life really isn't fair but it's all we've got... and I'm going to try and make each day with all it's aches and pains... something to remember. Music really is an opiate... and... it's legal. Hoping Barry is comfortable or in a better place. His heart is bigger than Texas and I feel so badly for his situation. Thanks for "chiming-in"... I hope your music activities are headed up the charts for you.

Best, ----Dave
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: Barry Butler - 11/09/18 03:28 PM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers are with you Barry.

Best, John smile
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: Barry Butler - 11/14/18 04:43 PM
So sorry to hear this news, thinking of you Barry.

Nigel
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn Re: Barry Butler - 11/14/18 06:45 PM
I'm so very sorry to read this. I've always enjoyed Barry's posts here.

Donna
Posted By: Kevin Emmrich Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:00 PM
It looks like Barry has passed away. I went to his facebook page and saw the messages: https://www.facebook.com/Barrydavidbutler

God speed!
Posted By: 9ne Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:06 PM
How unfortunate....
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:14 PM
Hi Kevin:

I don't normally participate in FB but I clicked on the link you posted, was taken to his page but saw nothing to inform us of his passing. (Perhaps because I did not "log in"?)

I've known, as have others here, about his serious illness... and that of his wife. Cancer, no matter which type, can be such a drain, physically, emotionally and financially. I hope he is still with us... but fear the worst. If he has passed, I'm wishing his family all the best and my deepest sympathy. He was a unique individual and a real talent.

----Dave
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:14 PM
Hi Kevin:

I don't normally participate in FB but I clicked on the link you posted, was taken to his page but saw nothing to inform us of his passing. (Perhaps because I did not "log in"?)

I've known, as have others here, about his serious illness... and that of his wife. Cancer, no matter which type, can be such a drain, physically, emotionally and financially. I hope he is still with us... but fear the worst. If he has passed, I'm wishing his family all the best and my deepest sympathy. He was a unique individual and a real talent.

----Dave
Posted By: Fdemetrio Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:19 PM
Barry was hurting for a long time with this. He wanted to leave a musical legacy behind. I don't think he had the means or opportunity to leave a great product behind.

And he spoke about God quite often, which I suppose we all will when backed up to the wall.

It's so sad. My dad died literally over night when he went, and didn't suffer. You can't beat that for the person themself. For everyone else its harder.

My Mom struggled way more and she knew she was going to die before anyone else, including the doctors did. I'll never forget how she knew. We thought she was overreacting, but somehow they know, and Ill also never forget the tear that came down her cheek with her last breath. They say that's some sort of dying phenomenon that scientists don't really understand.

If i had the capabilities to do a great recording of one of Barry's songs id do it for him, and let it sit online, forever more, like he wanted.

It's also a shame we wait till people die before we think about them seriously.

Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 09:41 PM
Keep the old keyboard warmed up, Barry. You still have music to make, wherever you are.
Posted By: Travis david Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 11:11 PM
I wrote to him this week but no reply or seen anything on FB either where he was a regular postef
Posted By: Travis david Re: Barry Butler - 12/04/18 11:17 PM
Just been on Barry's FB page and by the messages it appears Barry has passed away but this is unconfirmed.
RIP.
His eternity has just begun
Rewards await for works well done
Now united with God's own Son
Peaceful rest for life well run

Rest in peace Barry
Sorry to hear this.

May he rest in peace.
real sorry to hear it !

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Sorry to hear this.Rest In Peace Barry.
Strange coincidence, I randomly hit on this lyric by Barry....

http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthr...and-the-show-must-go-on.html#Post1146799
To Barry : See you on the flipside mate

regards to friends and family, Geoff
So sorry to hear this news. He will be missed dearly around here, Barry always wore his feelings on his sleeve for sure--a good thing. My condolences to his family/friends.

steady-eddie
I am a latecomer to this group and didn't know Barry well, but he always struck me as a chap with a huge heart. He had a lot to say and a unique way of saying it. Very sorry to hear this news.
What horrible news. My condolences to who all that knew and loved him--what a musical heart. His passion was song and music--may heaven give him both for eternity. God bless you, Barry.

Deej
This little online community has been around so long that we've all aged and like any family we are losing members. It's happening in my life with my blood relatives as well as my additional family by choice within JPF and our broad membership online and offline. We lost 3 people in a single day a couple weeks ago and now another here. Each time I keep reminding myself how lucky we are to have each other but to be honest as hard as I try I can't reach out to everyone, one on one, as I wish I could. But know that anyone reading this has enriched not only my life but all the others. Whether your an easy going helper or even a thorn in our sides at times, the overall effect of all of us molds our lives in small but important ways. It is just something to consider that might have a positive impact on you to stop and smell the proverbial roses as we go.

Rest in peace Barry.

Brian
So sorry to hear of this. Rest in peace Barry. The older we get, the more funerals I seem to be going to. My classmates are dropping like flies.

John smile
For those of you who can. it might not be a bad idea to go on to facebook and post your thoughts on Barry so his family can read them. I'm sure they are checking out his page. Might not get over here.
MAB
So sorry to hear this. Barry was a respectable, good guy. He told me once the music kept him going and helped him battle the cancer.

You put up a helluva fight. Rest in peace, Barry.

Mike
Christ almighty, I am just reaching the point of not knowing what to say anymore. Barry was prolific and is missed already.

Damn.
Rest in peace, Barry. You were an inspiration. Leading with your heart and never giving up. In music and in life.

Scott
It's one thing dying suddenly, but knowing your time is limited but not knowing exactly when, must be tormenting.

I too hope he is resting in peace.
Rest in peace Barry. You were a fine songwriter and a good kind caring person.
What sad, sad news. RIP Barry.
Very sorry to hear this......
To a great contributor on this site

Rest in peace Barry
"The Good Old Days are TODAY....lol
We only have today so go for it."

—Barry David Butler

So sad to hear about his passing. RIP Barry. We heard you.
One of the very good guys. Will be missed.
I know his wife had cancer too. Anyone know if she has passed as well? Really miss him!
Carroll
Sorry Carroll:

I knew she was not doing well but have no news on her condition. Two family members with cancer at the same time must be a terrible ordeal. Barry sure kept creating and was so very prolific. Too bad he was not well enough to have a manager to channel his creativity into a money stream. We disagreed about many things but learned respect and goodwill are so important in today's snarky world.

So glad you've joined us. ----Dave
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards