JPF Home Page
Posted By: Caroline So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 04:13 AM
Got up with left arm pain, chest tightness. Took Tylenol and Xanax. Didn't help. Took kids to school and came to the hospital. EKG, enzymes tests, etc. all not normal, dr cones in and says ..."you don't LOOK like you're having a heart attack. Leaves, orders heparin and other meds, then schedules nuclear stress test in the am. So after not looking like I needed it, I'm on a hep drip and have had nitro 2 times, but still, eh, don't "look" like I need it. Ugh! I told him to make up his mind.

Anyway, know nothing other than what I already said. Gonna get Tylenol and go to sleep.
Posted By: Michael LeBlanc Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 04:18 AM
Well good luck with that!Mike
Posted By: ben willis Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 04:25 AM
Must be pretty serious to be in the hospital.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 05:08 AM
I'm waiting in the third enzymes test results. I hate waiting. I want coffee but can have caffeine. I want chocolate, ugh!

Anyway...waiting, and waiting some more.

I'll post when I know something new.

Night folks!
Posted By: Jim Colyer (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 05:16 AM
I hope you're okay.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 05:42 AM
What a nerve-wracking situation Caroline. Especially getting a confusing diagnosis from the doctor. Hope all is well in the morning.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 06:43 AM
Thanks guys.

Just had another round of nitro, yippee!

Head is splitting so I'm going to try and sleep. Won't be long til the next blood draw.

I'll post tomorrow and let y'all know what's up.

Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 06:52 AM
I hope they figure it out and you feel better soon, Caroline!!! --Lisa
Posted By: Little_stevie_b Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 09:04 AM
So sorry to hear, Caroline. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I'll be praying for you.

Stevie
Posted By: yann Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 10:37 AM
Hey Caroline, hope this is nothing too serious, wish you the best for sure smile
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear that you are in hospital,so close to Christmas too.I hope it is not serious.Better to be safe and not sorry.
Posted By: Colin Ward Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 03:42 PM
Oh no.....that's not good, but it's the place to be when you have those symptoms. I hope the kids are not still at school (lol). Keep us posted....hope it's something simple.
Posted By: PopTodd Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 04:14 PM
Hope it all shakes out well, Caroline.
Feel better soon.
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 05:14 PM
Hi Caroline:

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Keep us posted when you have time and feel like it.

All the best,

Dave
Posted By: Michael W. Brown Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 05:18 PM
Praying the 3rd set of enzymes are negative!!
Been an ER Nurse for 27 years and know my way around an MI.
Please holler (pm) if you have any questions that [naughty word removed] Dr can't or won't answer. If you want me to call...PM me.... Iz know ma stuff!!!

Praying for you in ,...4...3....2....1...........

Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 06:02 PM
Enzymes are steadily climbing, having a catheter procedure, no stress test. They're transferring me to another facility though.

No food, no coffee, no water, ugh....I need something.

Thanks for the prayers.

I'm giving the doctor a complex, refusing one med, expecting test results before agreeing to another....poor guy, he was nervous.

I'll post again when I can.
Posted By: Tom Shea Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 06:34 PM
dang
Posted By: Michael W. Brown Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 06:36 PM
He's more YOUR Dr that you are HIS patient. I see you have that lil' tid-bit well in hand. You are the exception to the rule, Caroline. Most never get involved with their own care.
Get well....and keep making that Dr earn his money!!!!
Posted By: KimberlyinNC Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 08:58 PM
I hope all gets worked out..sending good thoughts your way

by the way, for anyone else or in case this happens again, (GOD FORBID) I used to work for Docs...the best thing to take if you think you are having a heart attack is ASPIRIN 81 mg strength..not Tylenol..it helps thin the blood..talk to Dr first but this is what I have always heard the Drs say for us to tell patients

Kim
Make sure you look up Bill Clinton and his Life style and diet change after a bypass and then a bunch of stents.
Very interesting and very important.
Barry bdbutler@centurylink.net
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 10:01 PM
Oh my gosh, Caroline! Sure hope you get some reliable information soon.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Donna
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 10:29 PM
At the second hospital. Will have cath procedure in an hour and a half.

Doctor got a good interview when we were deciding if we would allow him to do the procedure.

I've been advocating for about 20 years between myself and kids, hubs and whomever else might need it. I know plenty about this particular procedure, my mom had it done so I searched it after that and learned more about it. I'm a weenie like that. I prefer over informed to complete ignorance of what's happening. Medicine isn't as much of a mystery as it used to be.

Thanks so much for all the prayers and support.
I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Posted By: Mike Dunbar Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/17/13 11:28 PM
Hey Caroline, you've got prayers here. I had a cath, it's a piece of cake. The hardest part was laying still for 45 minutes after it was all over. No pain to speak of and actually very interesting. It tells a lot.

I pray that God blesses and heals you.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/18/13 01:24 AM
Hang in Caroline. And stand up for your rights!
(You must just look too good though. You need to try to look worse smile
Posted By: TamsNumber4 Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/18/13 06:07 AM
Caroline,

Wow girl...way to put the merry in Christmas...LOL!! You take care of yourself, I hope it all goes well, I am thinking of you!!

Tammy
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/18/13 02:44 PM
Hey guys,

Cath wasn't horrible, but the bleeding wouldn't stop so had 2 hours at first of lying flat and still, then an hour here and there for 3 more through the night. It's stopped now, so I longer need help or permission to go pee.

I'll have a ct with contrast this afternoon because there are some arteries in the wrong places.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/18/13 02:49 PM
Ok, so depending on what they find out, it'll be treated with meds or surgery. An artery isn't holding up its end to feed the valve or something. Doctors shouldn't tell you stuff when you're under anesthesia. But anyway, depending on what's found with the ct, that'll determine what's what afterwards.
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/18/13 03:44 PM
Hi Caroline, only just seen this. I do hope that they get to the bottom of it all and that you are feeling better soon.

Love and prayers

Nige
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/19/13 03:14 AM
No real news just yet. Ct was flubbed, have to redo tomorrow.

So, I'm still here, in the hospital, waiting to find out if I need surgery or meds.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 02:41 AM
Ok, so I'm having surgery. Joy!
Don't know when.
Posted By: maccharles Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 03:39 AM
Hope it all goes well. smile
Posted By: Johnny Daubert Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 09:07 AM
Best to you Caroline!
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 09:36 AM
Ain't no hill for a stepper Caroline smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 11:28 AM
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for listening to my bla-bla-blah.
Meeting with the surgeon this morning. Hoping that it's not as rough as I thinks it's going to be. I won't be able to drive for 6 weeks, do much if anything for 3-4 but it's not the worst thing that could happen.

Appreciate the support.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 03:54 PM
Puts a damper on your Christmas though.Sorry this had to happen but that's life.
Posted By: Michael W. Brown Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 04:52 PM
Hang in there, Caroline. You've got some tough days ahead. Once behind you though, more of life will be revealed and new and happier days will be in store for you. Put your faith in God, trust in your Dr's and know that once behind you, new doors will open. It's funny how humility often leads us to our true humanity.
Don't fear the outcome, embrace it....it will change your life for the better and forever.

I'm praying for you, Caroline.
Posted By: Dan Sullivan Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 05:34 PM
Caroline, Best wishes and prayers. Get past the surgery and back to writing songs.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 06:39 PM
Hope the sun shines for you soon Caroline.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/20/13 08:08 PM
Sending strength Caroline
Posted By: Jeff Epstein Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 01:08 AM
Caroline,

I'm praying for you and sending Reiki. I'm sure all this is no fun, but sometimes it is better to take definitive action and resolve the problem rather than having it linger and come back, etc. I hope this is the case with you. Better to know about the weak artery now so they can brace it with cables, scaffolding, whatever it is they do. You have my best wishes for a successful outcome...and I hope you are not too scared.

Jeff
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 02:44 AM
Thank you all so much for the prayers, well wishes and Reiki!

I'm being transferred to TX med center for my surgery. The surgeon here said he wouldn't feel qualified to perform the surgery. So I will be seeing a congenital heart surgeon.

Thanks again, I'll post when I can.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 02:56 AM
Wow, a congenital heart surgeon. Does this mean that you had this condition since childhood and didn't realize it Caroline? Thank goodness you're going to be in good surgeon hands. Hope you’re back in the writing mode soon. You'll certainly have something to write about.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 03:13 AM
Yes sir, John! I was born with it and didn't know.

About 7 years ago I started to have problems but was not taken seriously and it was never checked out to the extent it has been this week. This is the first I've learned of it being a birth defect. The doctor said some people have it and never find out, die of other causes. Some have sudden death. Some have issues like mine.
My biggest obstacle this week has been "not looking sick". I had no idea having a heart attack was attached to a look. Oh, and not freaking out. I don't freak out in general because I get chest pains. Go figure!

Thanks for the support.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 03:29 AM
Well the good news is you survived and the doctors now know of the defect. Better days are on the horizon for you Caroline.

Best, John smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 03:40 AM
Yes sir!
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 07:30 AM
Here's hoping that you have loved ones or really good friends close by to provide support and bolster your spirits, Caroline. Being in a hospital is never fun as a patient, but especially during the Christmas season.

I wish you courage, endurance and strength during this difficult time. Our prayers are with you.

Dave
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 09:44 AM
Dave,
My family will be here. Friends are just a click away.( and if anyone uses that line, I do expect credit!) lol

Besides you fine folk here, I also have friends on an autism web ring. They're an equally great group of people.

Again, I appreciate all the well wishes and support. My actually family is scattered around. But my jpf family is all in one place:)

I'll post again soon.
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 01:34 PM
Holy Cow! I missed all this! Trying to read quickly... bottom line: Are you okay and safe at this point Caroline?

Brian
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/21/13 04:08 PM
At this point, yes sir, I am.

When I'm out of here, I'm going to have to take a lesson in how to "look" sick so I will be taken seriously to begin with though.

I'll post as I know. Thank you

Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/22/13 01:10 AM
So, they've poked me with needles, shot radioactive dye through my heart, 3 times and took me 4 hours away from home to tell me they don't know if I need surgery or not.
I don't want surgery but sure wouldn't have come here if it wasn't explained they I needed it. Ugh!!
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/22/13 01:27 AM
That's probably why you were sent there Caroline (the previous doctors weren't sure what to do). They're more experienced in congenital heart problems where you're at now. A four hour trip is worth having the best of the best take care if you.

Hopefully it won't be a long stay.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/22/13 07:08 PM
HOLY CATS! Frightening what one can miss while going about their own business! So sorry to hear. I can imagine you were thinking about something a bit different for Christmas this year, eh? Keep your spirits up and your thoughts positive. And keep us all posted on your experiences. All good things,

Ricki
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/22/13 07:11 PM
Yes ma'am! I had big plans!

Oh well, they'll still be big when I get home. Just maybe slower...

I'm loving having wifi. I can update at will! Lol
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 06:38 AM
I have got to be the most impatient person on the planet.

Imagine, the nerve of my getting a teensy bit upset when I was told at 8 pm, that they will look at my case in the morning-ish and have a plan or be talking of a plan by early evening-ish.

So, yep. Still in the hospital, still don't have an idea when they might do whatever it is they might do. I'm in limbo and I'm not catholic! Something not right about that!
Posted By: glynda Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 07:17 AM
Wow, I just now saw all this, been a busy week for me...friend passed away and her funeral was Wednesday, been crying for a week, now see this and the tears are pouring again..but I know you will be fine...so listen to those words, you Will be fine...understand....Mike (bluesriff) is a smart man...he knows his stuff...just be safe, listen to the doctors and take care of yourself....Please...love you lady.....

glyn
Posted By: 9ne Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 08:00 AM
Ok First of all I hope you get through this and lead a healthy life.
Being in a hospital can be a trying experience for anyone. My wife works in the O.R. In my opinion, anything you can do to make an overworked (but caring) staff's job easier to perform is to your benefit. Best of luck, I hope you're well soon!
-Mike
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 02:34 PM
Glyn, so sorry for your loss. Praying for the pain to ease for you.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 04:17 PM
That doesn't really reinforce my faith in doctors and the medical profession Caroline, which wasn't too good to start with smile In their defense, at least they didn't operate when they weren't sure if you needed it or not but it does look like with all they put you through they could have come to a decision.
Hmmm. I thought they had decided to send you home but on reading over both pages I guess it's still hanging. I'll keep reading I hope you're still allowed coffee smile Hang in
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 04:20 PM
Mike,
I'm sure your wife is exhausted when she's through a work day. I watch the staff here and honestly don't want to disturb then.
My stay here hasn't been uncomfortable, just long and not seeing a doctor as of yet, is frustrating. It would be for anyone.
Posted By: TamsNumber4 Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 06:21 PM
Caroline,

A few years ago I was in the hospital at Christmas time, almost died and made it home on Christmas Eve.

It is frustrating, I am sure you have a ton of things to do, but being stressed isn't the best thing and there are others there that won't make it home for Christmas.

Deep breath, your health is important and take a look around you while you are there as I did once, you are so lucky to know you can walk out the door when they let you and I am very happy you are okay, I've been thinking about you.

Hugs girl....it is an adventure you won't forget and hope you get a few songs out of it!!

Tammy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 06:29 PM
Yeah or a book--The enthralling" Saga Of Caroline's Heart smile
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 06:50 PM
Stay tuned for the next exciting episode---Ah! I know--A new reality show--we need another reality show--keep notes Caroine!!
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 07:25 PM
Ha! This is reality alright. At the rate I'm going they'd have to film for a year per episode. Lol
Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 07:26 PM
Something tells me they'd kick you out if they could, Caroline! Laughing....hang in there! -- Lisa
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 08:03 PM
Hey now! I've been very pleasant and beyond patient. I haven't asked for anything except an alarm to be turned off or towels for a shower. I've learned how to unhook myself and where the timer is for the blood pressure cup so I could go things for myself and not have to bother the staff who's here helping real, sick folks. lol

If I don't get answers today, they just might kick me out though:)
I know they are busy people but I am a patient and I should be at least told what's up.

I'll try to not get kicked out though. Especially not after talking my 11yo into getting a flu shot. Poor kid!
Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/23/13 08:07 PM
Oh yeah?! I'd LOVE to see your nurse's diary! Laughing harder! --Lisa
I wrote this song called "AFRAID TO GO TO THE DOCTOR"
and wanted to share it with you....may give you a laugh.
It sounds like you are getting the run around but what do I know.
Good Luck!
Go Home and become a Raw Food Person....it usually heals ALL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhEquC8soQA

Barry
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 12:53 AM
Going home.

They can't open a file, the one who does the test is off for the holidays. Grrr.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 05:51 AM
Grrrr is a pretty mild way to put it Caroline smile
What a frustrating string of events! Well, maybe going home will enable them to get their ducks in a row and figure our what they want to do at least !! It looks like they would have a backup when someone is off or on vacation.
Oh well, there are worse things going on. You're apparently OK for the present anyway.
Have as merry a Christmas as you can manage smile
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 08:52 AM
Sorry for the frustration...wish I could tell you it would get better but it won't likely. Remember though, the only people more frustrated than you are the staff working in a hospital in this day and age. The fact they aren't screaming at everyone is a miracle. The systems SUCK for everyone involved except the money collectors... they love it just the way it is. Inefficient and lining their pockets because people don't know any better.

And now, Government is eating at the same trough... what was already bad now will be nightmarish for all humans involved in the doing the work and NOT getting even the care you can still get today.

And to 9ne... it's been over a Decade and this is the first time I know your first name... nice to meet you Mike!

Brian
Posted By: Bugsey Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Bluesriff
Praying the 3rd set of enzymes are negative!!
Been an ER Nurse for 27 years and know my way around an MI.
Please holler (pm) if you have any questions that [naughty word removed] Dr can't or won't answer. If you want me to call...PM me.... Iz know ma stuff!!!

Praying for you in ,...4...3....2....1...........

I used to date an Er Nurse, always talked about her job too.

She said Hospitals are always losing money and patients think that they are a money making machine.
Posted By: Bugsey Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by KimberlyinNC
I hope all gets worked out..sending good thoughts your way

by the way, for anyone else or in case this happens again, (GOD FORBID) I used to work for Docs...the best thing to take if you think you are having a heart attack is ASPIRIN 81 mg strength..not Tylenol..it helps thin the blood..talk to Dr first but this is what I have always heard the Drs say for us to tell patients

Kim

I think what the aspirin does during a heart attack is to help break up clots in the heart, amazing it can work that fast, I think you need to take 2 or 3 of them though
Posted By: Tom Shea Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 03:58 PM
feel better
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 04:27 PM
Hi Caroline... and Merry Christmas:

I know you are disappointed and a little upset about the lack of action on the part of the Hospital. Let's hope they get their act together and resolve your situation ASAP. (Hopefully before Obamacare begins to gunk up the entire healthcare system.)

All the best and Happy 2014...

Dave
Posted By: Lynn Orloff Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 04:53 PM
A proper diagnosis
Is just the start of things
Though your health has felt like Winter
May you soon be feeling Spring!!! smile

God bless!!

Best,
Lynn
Raw Foods is the way to go.
Look up what Bill Clinton finally had to do after a bypass and then stents. We need to take responsibility for our health as the Docs just work on the symptoms anyway.
Barry bdbutler@centurylink.net
Posted By: Bugsey Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 07:45 PM
I had a post about raw foods before took it down, didnt want to start a debate before christmas lol

Raw Foods is basicly salads, fruit and vegetables, and juicing, which is all good for you, but it's not much fun to eat like that. And doesnt make alot of difference wheteher you eat them raw, steamed or cooked, what point is it if you are miserable easting like that

Man was supposed to eat animals, our first instinct was to kill animals for food. The vegetarian folks are being dishonest saying we were supposed to be vegetarians. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/early-human-meat-eaters-vegetarian_n_1765521.html

It's not meat that's bad it's meat with bread, soda, procesed foods and toasted bagels, and potato chips, alcohol and sweets lol. Then the meat becomes rancid. And have the stress of todays world.

No matter you do you cant be healthy without exercising. Exercise is the fountain of youth, or closest thing, just the right amounts not overdoing it either.

Id rather eat a sensible diet and exercise, than eat rabbit food for the rest of my life!

Avoid sugar, sugar is poison!

Posted By: Bugsey Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 07:48 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=should-humans-eat-meat-excerpt
Hey Bugsey,
If you have any kind of Vessel Disease Vegan is the Healthiest way to go....Nobody said it was easy....lol

I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma 4 months ago and decided to go ALL IN on this....Not even going to an Oncologist.

My BP dropped to 110/70 and my weight dropped from 172 to 153 and holding steady....

So far so good. I'm hoping to heal my body from the inside out and try and get my Immune Killer Cells in better working condition.
Doing the best I can and Pray a Lot.....lol
Merry Christmas to ALL!
B
Posted By: Bugsey Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 08:14 PM
Good for you man, whatever works for you, everybody is different.

God bless you.

Remember though, cancers thrive in sugary environments, cut off it;s sugar and it gets weaker, exercise also helps keep it in check.

Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/24/13 09:07 PM
Nothing succeeds like success Barry smile Keep us posted on how you get along
I'm off Grains, Breads and Cereals also.
Juicing with 5 vegetables a day and taking multiple
anti cancer supplements.
Walk twice a day and found an MD (Surgeon) who is on board with what I'm doing....I'm on a powdered green drink and only drink water and lemon/lime drink. Lots of colored berries and pineapples and beans and vegetables.
Barry
This is good for Heart Disease also.

5.Switch from an animal-based diet to a plant-based diet. The most compelling research linking diet to cancer are studies of groups of people who have primarily plant-based diets, for example vegetarians and Seventh Day Adventists, and who have a much, lower risk of cancer. One of the theories on the high incidence of cancer in modern times is the belief that the switch from plant based to animal based diets correlates with the increase in cancer. Plant food / less cancer correlation is primarily due to three health-promoting factors: Plants have less fat, more fiber, and more phytonutrients. Besides providing the anti-cancer properties of fiber, legumes (such as seeds, rice, soy beans, beans, and chick peas) contain anticancer properties called protease inhibitors, which have been shown to reduce the growth of breast, colon, and skin cancers in experimental animals.
5.Switch from an animal-based diet to a plant-based diet. The most compelling research linking diet to cancer are studies of groups of people who have primarily plant-based diets, for example vegetarians and Seventh Day Adventists, and who have a much, lower risk of cancer. One of the theories on the high
This is good for heart disease also

incidence of cancer in modern times is the belief that the switch from plant based to animal based diets correlates with the increase in cancer. Plant food / less cancer correlation is primarily due to three health-promoting factors: Plants have less fat, more fiber, and more phytonutrients. Besides providing the anti-cancer properties of fiber, legumes (such as seeds, rice, soy beans, beans, and chick peas) contain anticancer properties called protease inhibitors, which have been shown to reduce the growth of breast, colon, and skin cancers in experimental animals.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/25/13 04:16 PM
In our busy lives we don't have time or are too lazy to cook good wholesome food any more,we are to quick to order in or go to a restaurant or open up a can or thaw something out or pop in a frozen dinner.Most processed foods are laced with chemicals to keep them fresh or from spoiling,but what are they doing to our health.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/25/13 04:54 PM
Merry Christmas Caroline! Hope they're getting a handle on your situation.

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/25/13 05:19 PM
Yeah, you're "home" anyway. If you have to delay some things a bit, it's more of a "season" than a day. Because of so many conflicts, we don't usually get around to gathering here till about New Years Day
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 12/26/13 03:08 AM
Thanks everyone.

I don't look forward to the changes in medical care. It's scary!

I'll post once I know when my appt is.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/01/14 01:39 AM
Ok. Went to the dr yesterday. He (the head at Houston's hospital) said I didn't need surgery. Only after his staff member came in and told me they still hadn't been able to open the ct. I got a little upset since I was told they would have it all looked at by the time I got there for my appt. they didn't and I wasn't happy. All of a sudden the file opened without any bit of a problem. Even though they supposedly didn't have the software to open it. (Even though last week the lady at the era office told me he had just downloaded a special program to open it and was about to look at it, last week)

So anyway, I've got an appt with my own dr who will refer me to a different doctor and at the very least, I will have one doctor who can tell me without fail what is really going on. This last group had me hospitalized for a week but can't figure out why they did. Ugh!!!

I'm confused and frustrated but hopefully will have better results with an actual answer.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/01/14 04:10 PM
last group had me hospitalized for a week but can't figure out why they did. Ugh!!!

Could it be MONEY?
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/01/14 06:10 PM
It could be, I think I'll be talking with my insurance company and see if they might refuse to pay for certain services. The hospitals need to be reigned in I think.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/01/14 06:24 PM
Hang in there Caroline. Hopefully the worst is over with.

John smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/01/14 10:45 PM
Yes sir, I'm praying it is. I'm going to see me gp next week and hopefully she can help me get to a different cardiologist and in can at least have a definite answer I trust.
New year, new hope!

Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/02/14 12:42 AM
Right on!! on getting a second opinion Caroline. There are doctors and then there are doctors. There are hospitals and then there are hospitals. They are not all created equal.
As far as doctors, people should remember that 50 percent of them graduated in the bottom half of their class.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/16/14 09:53 PM
So today I had a stress test with dye. They said no side effects but I have been vomiting so much it's hard to believe.

I'm waiting for my meds to arrive so I can stop getting sick.

Other than that all I know for certain is I do have a defect, it could potentially cause more problems and I can't take a beta blocker because of my already low bp and pulse. So I get a daily dose if nitro and a huge headache that is supposed to go away within a few days.

But, I will survive, or not, depending on when God chooses to get me out of here.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/17/14 04:23 PM
I feel for you Caroline and I'll pray for you.
Posted By: Tom Shea Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/17/14 06:50 PM
Get better ---

prayers

Tom and Justice
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/22/14 01:47 AM
No surgery!!! Yay!

Normal stress test. So, just the daily nitro and prayers.

Thanks everyone.
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/22/14 02:05 AM
That's great Caroline!

Take care, John smile
Posted By: Colin Ward Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/22/14 04:46 AM
That's not so bad....great news.
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/22/14 03:29 PM
Great.Nobody wants to be cut up.
Posted By: Caroline Re: So...I'm in the hospital... - 01/23/14 02:56 PM
It is great! I'm excited to know I don't have another surgery to recover from. I've got stuff to do....lol.

Now, I've got to get my school work done so I don't fail, I'm only a month behind, but I should have taken a different class, this one makes me doze off. And I've got some scrap papers I need to turn into songs:) much more appealing to my brain.
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards