JPF Home Page
Posted By: Bill Robinson Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 03:22 AM
I just saw this on Facebook. Is this confirmed

It is with a heavy heart that The Good Family must announce the passing of Stan Good. He passed unexpectedly Saturday, October 12, 2013 in Tampa, FL. Funeral arrangements have been made and are as follows:

-Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Family Viewing/Visitation: 10:00am EST
- Memorial Service: 2:00-3:00pm EST...
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 03:42 AM
I saw that, too. How sad. I didn't know he'd been sick.
Posted By: Kevin Emmrich Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:46 AM
That is a real shame -- he will be sorely missed around here. I gotta say though, he seemed to live life to the fullest! My heart goes out to his wife and the rest of his family.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:46 AM
wow.....I'm speechless, i just can't hardly believe it.

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Posted By: Michael LeBlanc Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:52 AM
So hard to believe.Stan is really gonna be missed here,i know i'll feel the loss.My heart goes out to his family.

Here's to you Other-cycle-guy! Mike
Posted By: Lisa Gundling Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:56 AM
I couldn't believe it when I saw this. How terribly sad.
Rest in peace, Stan.
Lisa
Posted By: Moker Jarrett Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:59 AM
"Big Guy Hug" to the family- there'll be a few clocks stuck in time about the memories about our friend Stan. He was a fearless writer and a friend to us all. R.I.P.- Always so positive and not the least bit afraid to take on any subject. Will be sorely missed.
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:00 AM
I don't know that Stan was ill. He made a post Saturday AM. He passed later that day. I think he was looking forward to scaling back his business and just tinkering in a small shop. My heart goes out to his family.
Posted By: Bugsey Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:12 AM
Very Sad News

I didn't know him really but he was good for the forum. He was supportive and enthusiastic and critical when needed.

Seemed like a good guy, glad that he was able to release his latest music before he left.

As Deepak Chopra would say "why fear death when we dont exist in the first place"

Hopefully he's got his bags packed for a new nice place.
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:21 AM
Noooooooo.....I can not believe this, I do not know what to say...but this hurts....My heart goes out to each of you...I am in shock....sorry...really Stan WAS THE MAN>...My thoughts and prayers go out not only to the family but to all the music world..we have all lost a very, very witty talented man and friend....Big Girl Hugg to you Stan......gonna miss you buddy..glyn

Now please excuse me...I can not stop crying....I'll try and come back later...this really hurts.....

Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:22 AM
I knew he had cancer but thought everything was better, he was really supportive to me every time I was sick...he was working on doing an interview with me in the next few weeks...

Man, I'm gonna miss you....You still ROCK...>..
Posted By: Gregory Watton Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:29 AM
He was a bright light in the world and one of my favorite JPF'ers. His heart will continue to tick with every tock and I will remember him in kind whenever I see or hear a clock.
It’s difficult to believe. Stan was such a positive force on JPF. I’ll miss you bro…
Posted By: maccharles Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:58 AM
aww [naughty word removed].....

I just saw this, that sucks.....I always liked Stan.
Posted By: Iggy Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 06:23 AM
Words are simply inadequate. I’ll never hear Big Guy Hug without thinking of him. My condolences to his family. Thank you Stan for always making me smile.
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 07:11 AM
Look at all the JPF's here to show our respects to Stan and his family..we were his friends, even though we never met..but in our hearts we sure did feel like family, and Stan was a HUGE part of this family..like the JPF's saying goes..We're All In This Together...we sing together, we write together, we laugh together and believe me ...we cry and hurt together...

Tried to lay down, but can not stop thinking...

glyn
Posted By: Mackie H. Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 07:37 AM
STAN WAS THE MAN--

HE WAS MY FRIEND--HE HELPED ME BECOME A BETTER WRITER--HE WILL BE MISSED--

I SENT MICHAEL LABLANC A RECENT PHOTO TO POST, IT WAS SHOT IN MY SHOP --WE SAT AND TALKED FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS: DURING HIS NASHVILLE CD WORK WITH MIKE DUNBAR--HE WAS UPBEAT AND EXCITED ABOUT THE WORK ON THE NEW CD!

STAN RIP!

Mackie
Posted By: Jody Whitesides Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 07:53 AM
One of my favorite JPF award moments was meeting Stan. Tall lively bloke!
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:07 AM
I will miss him a lot. One of the best lyricists I have known. Best way I can think to honor him is play his music (thanks, Glyn). Here's the one that's probably my favorite, "Un-Easy Street." Musicated by me, and recorded by Deathgrass. Here's the link:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10809214

Best wishes, Stan.

Joe
It is confirmed much to my utter sadness and distress. I got this note from his wife tonight:
-------------
Hi Brian, Dominique here. Stan Good's wife. Can you do me a favor and post this to the JPF page to get the word out? I would appreciate it. Sorry to have to share this unfortunate news.
It is with a heavy heart that The Good Family must announce the passing of Stan Good. He passed unexpectedly Saturday, October 12, 2013 in Tampa, FL. Funeral arrangements have been made and are as follows:

-Sunday, October 20, 2013
- Family Viewing/Visitation: 10:00am EST
- Memorial Service: 2:00-3:00pm EST

Blount & Curry Funeral Home
605 S. MacDill Ave., Tampa, FL 33609
Funeral Director: Michael Shorter
(813) 876-2421

-An opportunity will be available for those that care to speak and share a memory of theirs of Stan during the Memorial Service, as well, if they wish.

-A memorial fund is being established in Stan's name, should you wish to make a donation, otherwise, flowers are welcome, as well.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call or text.

Sincerely,
The Good Family

(813) 335-1436 (Dominique's cell)
(404) 822-7787 (Chris's cell)
(406) 529-4120 (Max's cell)
-----------------------------------------

This may be the saddest loss I have ever felt outside of my own closest family. Stan has been a rock here for all of us and I am dumbfounded frankly.

I hope to have more to say later.. but I just found this out.

Brian
Can anyone point me to his award winning Lyric The Race? I can't find it and I am sure one of you know where it is.

Thanks,
Brian
Can I get volunteers to contact the top 100 or so posters here and make sure they are aware? I'd really like to bring everyone together here to pay their respects.

Brian
Posted By: Bob Cushing Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:57 AM
This is horrible news. Sending all my best to his loved ones. Stan was a GREAT guy. I'm STUNNED.
Posted By: yann Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:22 AM
So sad frown Stan had been the one here to answer my first post. A master lyricist, an even greater person. Huge intelligence and true benevolence, vast curiosity and a big sense of humor, I don't know of any human qualities he wasn't gifted with. Simply put, the world was a better place because he lived; not a lot of people like that, he'll remain a source of inspiration. Wasn't named Good accidentally, I think. RIP my friend. Condolences to everyone who loved him.

Yann
Posted By: Harriet Ames Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:47 AM
so hard to believe.... Stan was such a constant presence here. Talked and laughed with him at 3-4 Piney Fests... He was at the very first one....and in fact designed the T-shirts we all got. thought of him just a week or so ago when I wore mine. Was the consummate lyricist. A bunch of us would meet up at a restaurant for a meal and he would sit at the table and dash off his latest lyric. (or a good part of one) everything inspired him.
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 10:54 AM
Brian, if you'll let me know what to do and I'll be happy to help let folks know...glyn
Just click the names to the left of this post and go down the list, especially of anyone you personally know. (D) sadly means Deceased.
You can send a note here or email them if they allow it. Often folks forget to update their email addresses, but a note on here will stay until they come back again. Stan was one of our original members I believe so nearly everyone had an interaction with him at some point. I am hoping that folks who know people who may note come on the boards any more would take a moment to let them know and invite them to say something.

Glynda and anyone else in addition are welcome to do it!

Brian
Posted By: Calvin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:13 AM
Man, I'm really sorry to hear this news about Stan.
I'll miss him.

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Posted By: Andy Kemp Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:16 AM
This truly is a very sad day. Stan was a great guy and fantastic writer. I’m so glad I got to work with him. His tunes always put a smile on my face.
Best wishes to his family and friends. “BIG GUY HUG” Stan.

Andy
Posted By: Roy Cooper Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:19 AM
Such sad news today. I will miss Stan and my thoughts go out to his family

God Bless Roy and Helen
Posted By: Vicarn Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 12:25 PM
Stan was a humorous and positive experience on this site. Every one of his replies to my songs lifted my spirits.
Rest in peace, Stan.
Vic
Posted By: Travis david Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 12:54 PM
A larger than life figure always willing to suggest or help with members postings.A really good humoured guy who cheered me up many a time with his often awry look on life.
RIP US Buddy,you'll leave a massive void on the site
Trav/john
Posted By: joewatt Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 12:58 PM
Hard to believe that Stan's passed on. he offered me a lot of advice and encouragement when I first came on this site. I'll miss you mate. condolences to his family.

Joe
Posted By: Caroline Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 01:01 PM
This is the saddest thing I've been told in a long time. I've never had happier times reading responses to my posts than when Stan replied. Always friendly and sweet and just a great guy! I'm so sad.

He's had a great impact for a lot of people, in a lot of ways. Miss him!
Posted By: Colin Ward Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 01:05 PM
What awful news. There was no hint of a problem in any of his recent posts so it is quite a shock. I met Stan once or twice and we talked about getting together again. He will be greatly missed on the board and of course by his family and friends. What a guy.....
Very sad to hear this news. Stan was always so sweet to me. Glad I got to meet him at Piney fest and get a hug. (((RIP Stan.))) You'll be missed by so many.
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 01:45 PM
I feel devastated. He was so integral to this forum.

Such a loss.

Donna
Posted By: Lynn Orloff Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 01:54 PM
SO sad, SO blue
We’re missing you
Your CAPS, your WIT
Your perfect fit

Your talk of clocks
You LOVED YOUR WIFE
Your funny words
You’re ZEAL for life

SO sad, SO blue
This CAN’T be true
You’re FAMILY Stan
You are THE MAN

WE’RE EMPTY, CRUSHED
YOU’RE MISSED SO MUCH!
Posted By: PopTodd Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 02:03 PM
Just woke up to this news.
This is incredibly sad. Never had the pleasure of meeting Stan in the flesh, but his presence here was always a positive one. He came off as a gentle, generous soul and I will miss him here.
Much love, strength, and comfort to his family and friends.
Rest in peace, Big Guy.
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 02:26 PM
So saddened to hear this news. Just got a message from Glyn on Facebook.

I had the good fortune to meet Stan back in 2002 at Pineyfest, a lovely man of great character. I always enjoyed reading his lyrics, no subject was out of bounds to him and particularly enjoyed some of the left-field stuff. One that always sticks in my mind was called ‘Existence’ – I must dig it out sometime.

Goodbye Stan – you live on in our hearts.

Love and {{{{Big Guy Hugs}}} as always

Nige
Posted By: Greg C. Brown Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 02:39 PM
No offense to any of the other wonderful folks who dwell here at JPF, but Stan had to be one of nicest and most supportive people anyone could ever cross paths with. I loved his generous nature, his sense of humor, and his unique way of turning a clever phrase. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I feel like I've lost a very close friend. My best wishes go out to his wife and the entire Good family.

Greg
Posted By: Marvin Adcock Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 02:40 PM
I have not been on JPF for awhile, but I received a message on FB from Glyn about Stan this morning. My heart goes out to his family, and he will be missed greatly by us all. He was always such a positive force.

Peace Be With You Stan.

Marvin
Posted By: Bill Osofsky Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 02:59 PM
What horrible, shocking news to wake up to. RIP

Bill
Posted By: Everett Adams Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 03:11 PM
I never met Stan but I feel a great loss today.He came across as a very caring person.I don't even know how old he was but I picture him as a loving grandfather type, full of worldy wisdom,willing to pass it on to the younger generation.He just stepped from this world into the next,just like a clock stops if it is not wound or if the battery runs out.His time ran out and he was called home.The hour glass of his lifespan ran out of sand,but his eternal life has just begun, of which there is no end.See you there Stan.

Everett
Stan, gosh I can't stop crying. This Aussie Woman is going to miss you so much, your friendship, messages of hope, encouragement and always so supportive, of me personally, that I'm so overwhelmed with knowing that your not going to be around here, but then I think about that, and I have no doubt you are here with us right now in Spirt.

Our songs together we worked on, "I'm Over it/I'm Over you" "We all Walk the Same Journey" with Steve & Rodney, many others still to come. What a Champion Stan, a great friend, excellent co-writer, and writer, that I'm in disbelief right now.

Brian can you please tell Stan's wife Dominique & family, I'm so sorry for their loss, and our loss, because Stan was so loved here, and is going to be missed by us all, especially me. cry

Love Michele
Posted By: Joanne Lurgio Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 03:55 PM
This sure is sad news .. Rest In Peace Tampa Stan. I am glad I got to know you, if only through the forums of JPF. You were quite a man.
We wrote a song together, really Stan did most of it .. LOL, "Rhode Island Red" ~ the prompt.. I am from RI and had colored my hair red! simple as that, he took off with it smile
Stan, you will be missed
Much Love & Prayers to Stan's family ..
Joanne
aka Rhode Island Red love
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:07 PM
Another member gone. The soul of honor and kindness. He always had a kind word, a way of scolding without being condescending and a zest for life that shone through his many posts here.

Stan, you will be missed greatly. My condolences to your wife and family. Please ask God to keep the gates open for at least... an interview with this old sinner from the Glen of Roses.

Farewell and Godspeed old friend!
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:09 PM
Copied from
http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/welcome-to-stan-goods-timely-cool-tampa-emporium/987725

"There's a story about a kid. His grandma used to beat him at Monopoly, buying everything up. He finally learned how to beat her, and piled up property and money. The coup de grace, she tells him, "Just remember, at the end of the game, it all goes back in the box." That's how I feel. At the end of the game, it all goes back in the box."

I think there's a song in that, but Stan probably already wrote it
Posted By: Ray E. Strode Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:19 PM
I think I first knew about Stan on Shayne Vaughn's boards. They say the good die young. Stan certainly fit that bill. God speed friend. We will, of course meet again.
Posted By: Scott Campbell Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:22 PM
I probably lurked here for almost a year before I finally started posting. Stan's posts were instrumental in pushing me to join in. I admired his willingness to write anything that occurred to him and to let the chips fall where they might. I admired his ability to provide critical feedback in such a way that you could only smile and nod in response. And I admired the passion with which he pursued everything - whether it was working in his shop, planting a tree or writing a lyric. Though I never met him in person, I have the sense that he was one of those rare people who do exactly what they want while being both liked and respected for it.

His passing will leave a hole that is impossible to fill. That's probably a good thing - we can trip over it now and then and catch a memory or two.

I don't normally drink Amberbock, Stan, but I'll raise one to you tonight. Big Guy hug smile

Scott
Posted By: Lynman Bacolor Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:26 PM
RIP Stan... I will miss you...
Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:30 PM
Well, this is a big fat bummer. I can't say I knew him but I suspect he was a lot like his lyrics, sly, clever, left of center and always entertaining. Keep writing Stan, and drop us a line from time to time. All good things to you and your family.

Ricki
Posted By: Janice Hopkins Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:38 PM
I just heard the sad news and it is a shock to know that we have all lost a true comrade and friend. He was truly one of a kind. That came through in his own writing and in the way he commented on other's work. I never read one of his critiques of my writing without learning alot....especially about him. He had a way of saying things that were very insightful and helpful, without degrading the work. What he said was always uplifting....and that, in itself was a great gift. I will never, ever forget what he gave me in both knowledge and friendship. While I never met him in person, I felt like I knew him. Some people have the ability to transform lives just by how they deal with those around them. Stan was certainly one of those people. My heart goes out to his sons and especially to Dominique, whom he loved with his whole heart. I send my love and sympathy to his family with these words. He was truly one of the very best.

In deep sadness and sympathy,

Janice Hopkins
Posted By: Joice Marie Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:40 PM
What a Sad Event to hear

BUT alas -- he will continue to spark memories and smiles from his words.
Holding the largest number of posts here - a Tribute- to his way with words. I especially liked how he gave us all his special tip of the hat with a name he would dub and remember on every post to the regular posters

RIP Stan
Gem.....
Posted By: Michael W. Brown Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:42 PM
I can't believe this. Stan was responsible for "finding me" lingering about on another "songwriter" website and invited me to come to a "real" forum (around 2009) where I could hone my writing....and he was right.
Stan was a fine man and even when challenged by unruly folk he always responded with kindness and was never disrespectful.
He was always about the love......I'll miss the "guy hugs."
RIP my friend.
Posted By: maccharles Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 04:55 PM
Still shaking my head in disbelief, Stan just never seemed to have anything bad to say about anything.......one of those guys where "complaints" just didn't seem to be part of his nature......wish I could say that about myself.

Amazing how someone you never met can have such an effect on you.
Posted By: Dak Lander Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:33 PM
Stunned!
It's obvious they needed a great writer in that Writers in the Sky group and Stan Good was called to fill the spot.

Fair Winds and Following Seas, Stan.

Our condolences to the Good family.
Posted By: KimberlyinNC Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 05:35 PM
Stan was always open to giving suggestions and he always wrote some lively, funny and thought provoking lyrics. He was always extra friendly to everyone and was surely a bright spot on JPF. It will never be the same without him here.

My heart goes to his family and my sincere sympathy in his passing..gone far too soon..

and as Stan would have said...

Best Wishes & Big Hugs, Wee Forehead Smooch too wink

You will be missed Stan the Man
cry

Kimberly
Posted By: Mark Kaufman Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 06:06 PM
So sad about this.
Posted By: David Gill Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 06:07 PM
Oh Stan-a-Reeno.... Mi Amigo. I am so deeply saddened by this news. I never had the chance to meet you in person but I enjoyed our interactions here on JPF. You were an inspiration and muse for me on many occasions. I will truly miss your witty and joyous postings. You are a true artist. No one else can type slang quite the way you do....

I will miss you my friend.

Love, (and Big Guy Hugs)

Dave Gill
Posted By: Mike Dunbar Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 06:30 PM
Shock and sadness. Prayers go out to Stan and his family.

We spent over a week together in August working on the album of Stan's experiences in Viet Nam. Getting to know Stan and just be around him was a delight. He would work all day and during the breaks we would talk about everything from Viet Nam, politics, JPF and music, to God. Stan was a paradox, he was a combat veteran, a graphic artist and cartoonist, an expert repairman of antique clocks and fans, an extremely prolific lyricist, yet at the same time he had a childlike quality (and that is meant in the most complimentary way possible.) He was immediately a friend to everyone he encountered.

Stan's lyrics had a style of their own. He wrote as he was, as he spoke. His writing never tried to conform to a trend. Stan didn't write to sound like hit radio, though he would have liked hit radio to sound like him (and it's hit radio's loss and shame that it doesn't). Once reading the lyrics he sent me and considering the theme of the project, it was impossible not to agree to cowriting. He wanted to express the war experience that did so much to shape his life. It was done beautifully in words that were both Stan's and everyman's. We considered bringing in a pro singer, but thought it was better to speak directly to people who wanted to hear Stan...who wanted to hear the stories and feelings of the man himself. If that diminished his potential audience, so be it. In retrospect, a smaller, highly appreciative audience will serve both his memories and his memory better. To me, his weaknesses seem to be the greatest strength of the entire project.

As of a few days ago, we were discussing the background vocals. They'll go on as Stan wanted them. After that the entire project will be mastered and then there will be a website in Stan's memory that offers the songs for download. All of the proceeds will be divided between his wife and some yet to be determined charities for Viet Nam veterans.

Adios, Amigo. It was an honor to know you here. See you soon.
I'm sad for Stan's wife and family in their loss. The world (and JPF) has lost a fine gentleman, a great communicator and very few if any will ever be able to "fill his shoes".
Posted By: Two Singers Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 06:41 PM
I'm devestated. Stan and I were great friends...shared many PMs and traded comments constantly on the boards here at JPF. But, more important than that, he was one of the best freinds JPF ever had. he was such an inspiration to all of us. No subject was off-limits and he never backed away from having his opinion on anything. But he alwasy was respectful of others' points of view. I doubt I've ever known anyone with a bigger and loving heart than Stan.

He and I were stationed at the same place in Vietnam...he arrived as I was leaving in late 1967. He and I have had many personal conversations about all that.

He always referred to Dominique as La Femme...French for "the wife" (She's from France). He loved her dearly.

I am so sad. I'll never again be able to look at CAPS typed on a keyboard without thinking of my buddy!

Condolenses to La Femme and his children. I already miss you, Big Guy!

Al
Posted By: Johnny Daubert Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 07:21 PM
Wow, I just got Glyn's email notice about Stan. Oh brother Stan. This is so sad and sudden. No illness as far I knew. ?

One of a kind, Stan was. And SO nice to everyone. Helpful to many too, of course. A JPF Site Hall Of Famer. He will be missed.

John
Posted By: Derek Hines Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 07:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I know it's sad news that we have lost a dear friend and I know that it's hard to not feel sad, but I thought I would post a couple of online pictures I found of Stan along with a story about his clock/Fan shop in Florida. I know some don't have a picture of him outside of his online Avatar. It also gives some interesting information about his life that some might not know.

[Linked Image] jpg

[img]
[Linked Image]
Big Guy Hugs to you Stan we love you and you will be missed. Stan Good's Clock and Fan shop article
Great photos Derek!

Stan was definitely one-of-a-kind. Irreplaceable. Stan’s one of those figures you expect to always be there. A solemn reminder that life is only temporary. Stan will be remembered fondly by so many of us. He touched so many lives.

Posted By: Jen Shaner Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:25 PM
I am hurting today with the sad news of Stan's passing. I feel horrible because I did not get a chance to get back online and only today read his last note to me. He was a wonderful, sweet, and talented man who I was honored to know and write with. I read the news this morning and I am still in shock and crying. He was an inspiration to me and seemed to always live life to the fullest. I loved his sense of humor and kindness. He wrote for the love of writing and entertaining us. I never had the chance to meet him in person but from the time I joined JPF he and I shared in each others' joys and struggles online. He was truly one of a kind. R.I.P. Stan.
Posted By: Jen Shaner Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:34 PM
I have been trying to find the recording of the first song Stan and I wrote together, "Maximum Murphy Day". It was a blast to write and really started my friendship with Stan. I never was able to get a file of it and cannot even find it here, though I have been trying using the search option. If anyone knows the system here better and can help me I would greatly appreciate it. It may not have been the greatest song but it means the world to me, especially now. It was a tribute to my bad luck. Stan being gone... that's so much more than bad luck and my heart is breaking for myself, his other friends, and especially his family.
Posted By: Jeff Epstein Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:36 PM
I did not know the man personally, but years ago Tampa Stan would listen to my MP3s and offer me encouragement when few others would. He was a help to me on this board, and I am pretty sure he helped a lot of others as well.
Posted By: Roy Cooper Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:41 PM
Its been posted in the mp3 board by Andy Jen

God Bless Roy and Helen
Posted By: ben willis Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 08:51 PM
Stan wasn't just a member of JPF. He was a component and fixture of this web site. The JPF forums will never be the same.

I only live 100 miles from his shop, and have always meant to stop by and maybe buy a fan if I were ever in the area. I'm sorry that I didn't.
Posted By: MaxG Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:31 PM
one prayer from me also. Some of his lyrics made me laugh, and some even blush, and I remember his prompt welcome when I was new and some supportive comments. Emotions... RIP Stan
Posted By: Rick Heenan Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Tampa Stan and his family. He has left a void in the fabric of our community. I enjoyed his insight and contributions here at JPF.
Posted By: John Voorpostel Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:38 PM
Glynda, thank you for informing me. We've had a long weekend here, and I just came to JPF minutes ago. I've already texted Dominique (thank you for her cell)

This is just awful to hear. My last post was to his lyric about fans. I reminded him that he gave me an Art Deco fan at Pineyfest that still sits on my desk. I know he touched us all in some way.

I also know we will all miss him terribly.

Like Scott, I will raise a glass to his memory.

Big Guy Hug atcha Stan.. I trust that if there is a Heaven, you will be there, writing your one a day.
Posted By: Corey Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 09:57 PM
Just heard the news. I haven't posted on JPF in several years, but this hurts. Stan was always in my corner. Such a good guy with a huge heart. His lyrics could be kooky or cheesy or long-winded or deep or poetic or downright awkward, but his heart always showed in his work. I like to think Stan and Corky are sitting on some lawn chairs in Heaven, kicked back writing the most side-splitting song ever written. God speed buddy.
Posted By: Vondelle Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 10:15 PM
I'm stunned. So glad that Stan did his cd. I believe he said that was on his bucket list. I will be looking forward to its completion.

RIP, Stan. Thanks for all the Big Guy Hugs.
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:30 PM
Try here Jen

http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/840499/page/1
Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:32 PM
Hey Gang,

Absolutely stunned and saddened by this news. I was actually en route back from Florida last night when I heard, and oddly enough had been thinking of him while I was down there.

But what's there to say about Stan that hasn't already been said? He was such a fantastically mischievous character, with a heart of gold. We could always count on him for thoughtful feedback, swashbuckling stories, and of course, his perpetual lyrics. What topic didn't he take on? And gosh how many of us were bestowed with personal Stan-worthy nicknames?? Perhaps his greatest gift was his ability to make us feel special.

I'm so happy I got the chance to know him and work with him. I certainly know that anything I ever wrote he had some hand in.

Sadly, JPF will never be the same without him. He was one of our anchors here, and I suspect I'm not the only one feeling a bit adrift today frown . Still, it has been a comfort reading this thread and processing this loss together...

Sending out positive thoughts and big hugs to all those who loved and will miss him....

"Mz O"

p.s. can you imagine the fun he's having up in Heaven, and the trouble he's causing? grin ....
Posted By: Jim Colyer (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/15/13 11:40 PM
So sorry! We talked about possibly getting together in Nashville.
Posted By: Little_stevie_b Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 12:28 AM
I was fortunate to have met Stan face to face when I took my family to Florida back some years ago. We had a great visit. He was the one who turned me on to JPF way back when for which I'm eternally grateful. News of his death hit me like a sledgehammer. He was the guy you counted on to always be there and the news of his passing reminded me of how fragile and unpredictable life can be for us mere mortals.

Some years ago Tampa Stan wrote a poem for a high school chum who was dying of cancer with only a short time to live. I offered to put it to music and we sent it to Joe Krisco two weeks before he passed away. His daughter wrote me and said he listened to the recording several times a day during those last two weeks and insisted it be played at his funeral mass. It was originally named Song for Joe. When I heard the news about Stan's passing I knew I had to record a rewrite of it to make it Stan specific. I hope to get this to his family and hope it gives them some measure of solace in some small way as it did Joe. Stan was that kind of loving and caring guy. It was hard to get through the vocal due to shock and emotion so I hope I did Tampa Stan justice. Here's to you, my brother. Rest in peace.

Song For Stan can be found on the mp3 forum for those interested.
Posted By: Greg C. Brown Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 12:53 AM
http://bcmacdill.tributes.com/our_obituaries/Stan-Good-96540315

Here's a link to the Funeral Home handling Stan's service. There's a place to sign the online guestbook for those who may be interested.

Greg
Posted By: Little_stevie_b Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 01:04 AM
Thanks Greg.

Stevie
Posted By: Douglas Murphy Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 01:09 AM
I will be one of many who will miss Stan. He had a way with words and this news breaks my heart.

"Big Guy Hug To You Stan."

douglas
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 01:09 AM
Thanks so much Greg...I left a message on his Guest Book and lit a candle for him....I'm so happy you posted this...

glyn
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 01:11 AM
Stevie....wow, what can I say ...what a great Tribute to Stan..and hey...you did just great...listened twice..maybe on Sunday @ 2pm..I'll be listening again...

love it..

glyn

oh and I was MZ G Texas Lady Shum
Posted By: Kristi McKeever Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 01:23 AM
I feel so lucky to have had the pleasure of writing with Stan and will always remember his graciousness, sense of humor and kind heart. He was not only a prolific writer, he was the spirit of JPF, reaching out to everyone, taking time to talk to and help others....such a bright light and I am so sad.

There are no words really....I will miss him.

Prayers to his family...

“Mz Sunshine”
Posted By: Polly Hager (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 03:18 AM
So many of you have already expressed what I was going to say...he always had a nickname for each of us, was "Mr. Sunshine", supportive, especially to the nervous newbies like I once was, his writing was fearless, fun, provocative, entertaining, and I enjoyed witnessing his collabs with so many of my other fave peeps here. I guess I was a bit of a "pot-stirrer" at times, but he was always there to show friendship, even if he didn't completely agree with my views. I always thought in his picture he had kind, laughing eyes. I was so sad to hear of his passing, it really affected me in a way I hadn't expected. He was such a constant presence around here, like someone else said, you just thought he'd always be here. One of those guys you'd truly like to meet someday. As the tears fall, I'm grateful to have experienced "Big Guy Hugs" from our Stan. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: Andy K Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 04:01 AM
This is a shock to me. He told me a couple years ago that he had cancer and only expected to live a couple more years. But the last couple times I talked to him he didn't mention it and seemed pretty up in spirits. So I thought he had gotten over it.

Brian and Dominique: I emailed the news and arrangements to a number of the old Tampa JPF members, many who don't frequent the boards much anymore.

Stan: RIP. You will be missed.
Posted By: Paul H. Gaines Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 04:49 AM
This breaks my heart, I really need a Big Guy Hug...

Everytime I think about Stan, I remember he how good he made me feel about my first song here, he said he liked it, called me New Brother Paul, and then sent me a Big Guy Hug. He was such a conduit of positive constructive encouragement, he fit his name prefectly, Good was how he made others feel.Im not really ready to say goodbye, but I must, Adios Amigo, Big Guy Hug, to you Tampa Stan Good.

I searched out the comment Stan offered me on the first song I posted here, it really did make me feel Good.

"Catchy & Cute" New Bro Paul! I'll mimic Polly by addin' "Clever" too...this is Great FUN, multiplied by the Difficulty usin' a Phone to record + the busted string!

A "KUDOS" to ya, Man..for a Fine Performance! Ya more'n PASSED The Audition!

Good Luck with a "Keeper", Amigo!

Best Wishes & a Big "Welcome Aboard" Guy-Hug,
Stan"

Cheers
Paul
Posted By: TamsNumber4 Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 05:05 AM
The Ringmaster
by Tammy
© 2013

A circus of clocks
the ringmaster of time
he's clowning around
writes his heart into rhymes

He juggles his notions
gives his best to his fans
sends his love to all others
he's a very kind man

everyone is welcome
come and see what's in store
for he has all the goods
you'll be begging for more

the clocks have stopped ticking
and the shows reached its end
time to pack it all in
say goodbye to our friend

Posted By: Jen Shaner Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 05:07 AM
Thanks Roy. I got it.

God Bless,
Jennifer "Jinx" Shaner
Posted By: TamsNumber4 Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 05:08 AM
Stan's last post to me....

"Know I'd enjoy Ya singing The Phone Book, with Your Soulful Vocals, Mz Tammy!!!
Best Wishes & Big Hugs,
Stan"

I loved being Mz Tammy....I would have sung the phone book for you...I will miss you and your hugs.......

Mz Tammy
Posted By: Jen Shaner Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 05:09 AM
Beautiful Tammy. This is a wonderful tribute. I have thought about writing something but my heart is too saddened for words right now...
Posted By: E Swartz Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 06:48 AM
I haven't been online with JPF the last couple of weeks--just now am getting this very sad news. I'm certainly not one of the "early members" here as I know Stan was. I had a couple of correspondences with Stan, and really enjoyed his humor, spirit, and comments in the forum. I will miss him, and my condolences go out to those in his family and his good friends here at JPF. It won't be the same here without him, a void for sure.

steady-eddie.
Posted By: MFB III Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 06:52 AM

For Tampa Stan Good, Somewhere Far Above Where All The Good Go.

My Truest Friends.

When birth came,
coaxing me to
enter the world
I was stubborn,
enjoying my
solitary existence
in the warmth
of the womb.
But birth
gently pushed me
into the embrace of life
There I greeted its
mysterious gift
at first wailing
but then gazing
with eyes of wonder,
at my newest companion,
My mother.

When love came,
warmer than any friendship
it transformed me
touching me
unexpectedly,
at first I was unsure.
But then it held out
so many tempting allures,
that would banish
my nemesis of loneliness,
with blessings
too sweet to pass up.
Warm lips,
gentle fingertips,
and hours of conversing
with life's finest offering.....
My girl.

When music came to me
it hypnotized my senses,
it controlled
all of my desires,
to share what it
had done to my soul,
such uncanny creations,
tinged with wit,
and I was always
thrilled to share it
With "Just Plain Folks" like me.

God I'm gonna miss you all...

and the posts and the music
and the sheer joy of writing,
but hey, the maker of all music
just might be looking
for something fresh
something that's
"Tampa Stan Good."
and I'd best be standing
good before God.

When age came
hobbling round
my oldest friend,
I snuggled down
in the not too badly
wrinkled P.J.s of my skin,
fearing a toothless grin,
but I did not rest
my weary bones...
instead I wrote from
a new perspective
as I reminisced on
the lifelong bliss
of the many friendships
I have known.
I Shared a fine repast
with my latest timeworn associate,
as I waited for one
final friend....
to call

When death came,
my most faithful
friend of all,
the one who was
always waiting........
just around the corner,
till I was ready for
his benevolence.
I welcomed him,
reluctantly of course
but hey,
what choice do we have
when it's our time
to breathe that
longest last note?

And so with
trembling hands
and eyes wide....
for that precious
final look,
at all I knew around me,
I let go.............
as he sealed
my last friendship
among the living,
"his!"
and then he
gently drew me
back into that fetal,
futile position
and nudged me into
a tunnel of darkness,
that led to the
light of my rebirth,
in Paradise.....
so much more
lovely than Tampa
"but Man, I miss my wife...."

Still he Left me there
with good intent
knowing that I
would now have
forever to share
with my greatest
friend of all...

My creator.

///////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Stan, you will be missed, these humble words cannot embrace what you brought to so many live, the smiles, the good-natured kindness and the warmth that we all will remember. I am posting this here cause I know you are reading over my shoulder, and if I get a critic then that's even better. Godspeed Stan....on your path to forever in glory.

©-Matthew F.Blowers III

Posted By: MFB III Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 07:07 AM
"Tampa Stan" Good (D)-29,275 posts...

that pretty much says it all about how he cared about just plain folks...all of us.
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 07:15 AM
That was great Matt...I can't find the right words to try and write a song or lyric right now..hope I can soon, he deserves one from me too...I still feel so numb....

glyn
Oh My Goodness so sad to hear this news. He was a fine man and a staple of leadership and wisdom in all things in life. He will be missed.Thanks Glyn and Brian for letting me know. frown

Mike
Sub
For those sharing in our mutual grief, there's a little comfort in seeing, each time you log in here, Stan's grinning face wearing his Red JPF Hat (one of many he kept refreshing once he'd worn one out) is in the photo at the top of this forum just above the letter U in ForUm. Just look above it now and again to know we'll always bear his imprint in so many different and meaningful ways.

Brian
Posted By: Greg C. Brown Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 02:43 PM
Wow, Matt, I think that's one of the best things you've ever written! Poetic and powerful. I think Stan would have loved it.

Greg
Posted By: Wendy D Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 04:03 PM
"At the end of the game, it all goes back in the box." So it does. Thank you, Stan. You will be missed.
Posted By: Kurt Fortmeyer Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 04:53 PM
Adios, Amigo. Vaya con Dios.
Posted By: Dan Sullivan Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 06:54 PM
Stan was a landmark on JPF and a continual bubbling spring of inspiration. He went to the JPF boards 29,275 times, a number no other JPFer comes close to. He could pen a lyric at the drop of a hat. Or so it seemed. Among those 29,275 posts were many of his own song lyrics. The word prolific hardly does justice to his output - he numbered his songs in the thousands. But many, many more of his postings commented on the songs and lyrics of others, always full of encouragement, good cheer and his signature "Big Guy Hug."

It's hard not to find a portent of his passing in the last lyric he posted, "ENOY IT (WHILE IT LASTS):

Life Streaks By..Real-FAST...
So ENJOY IT..WHILE IT LASTS!

May his soul now rest in peace forever. And may we all enjoy life while it lasts. He did.
Posted By: Mark Kaufman Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/16/13 10:54 PM
Man, I couldn't even write about this yesterday. It's not so much that I was really close to Stan...I think it was more that he was close to me, and everyone else here. He was a straight-up caring person, and anything that passed his view on this forum is something he would respond to with a full and honest heart. People like that are golden.

He lived an artful life. Every day, he would sit down and pen a lyric about whatever captured his attention. And if he decided to rhyme "lemon" with "lime", then so be it. I don't think he ever rewrote a lyric. I could be wrong about that...but it always seemed that what most interested him was that initial act of turning his thoughts into couplets, couplets into verses and choruses, and ending up with another song. As much as he liked the idea of getting that one big hit, I really think he was in it for the journey. To me, that's an artist. So many of us write songs almost solely for that age-old dream of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Without that carrot on a stick, many aspiring writers would just hang it up. After all, what's the point of doing work for no paycheck? Well, the businesspeople among us either adapt to the market or give it up...but the artists among us do it either way, because the act itself is the compulsion, the attraction and the reward.

Not that Stan ever gave up on getting a hit...my last private messages with him were about his intention to get his contribution to one of my "put lyrics to this music" exercises into the hands of mega-producer Phil Ramone. I just rolled my eyes...but Stan didn't.

Did you all know that Stan was a punctuation teacher?

Just kidding. I used to love teasing him about his WILD and--sometimes, Un-COMPREHENSIBLE...PunctuATION!! It's very difficult to imitate, much less understand. Very endearing, and eccentric as can be. No one ever does a good job of imitating Dr. Seuss, and the same goes for imitating Stan's BI-ZARRE! punctuation. I will really miss that.

Good luck, Brian Austin Whitney, catching up to the amount of posts Tampa Stan laid down...you'll have to write about as many as Graham Henderson did. Holy cats! That's a lot of posts...but it's also an irreplaceable legacy that anyone who misses him can access, chock full of endless surprises and laughs. He's still here, because of all those posts. Stan left us a lot.

Goodbye pal! Old times were good times. smile
Posted By: Andy K Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 03:04 AM
Here is a link to an article about Stan in a local Tampa Bay news network:

http://tbo.com/news/breaking-news/all/tampas-stan-the-clock-man-dies-20131016/
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 03:38 AM
Thank you Andy so much for posting this..now we know..still cry when I think about it too long...

glyn
Posted By: Steve Altonian Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 05:37 AM
Stan & Family....

Loved how you were positive about everything...1 comment he made years back on a song of mine was to trim the fat on lyric lines, especially at the beginning of a line...

That one tool has served me so well in recent writes & I use it constantly. In fact, Stan it was front & center in my thought process in writing "Spread Your Wings & Fly"...Thanks for that advice...

So now to my friend Stan....

"Spread Your Wings & Fly"
"Now's Your Time To Shine"
Posted By: Aaron Authier Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 06:24 AM
I was always a fan of Stan's creativity. The man was a hook machine. He was a solid gold person.

Your work will live on through the internet Stan, and in the hearts of everyone you have touched. My condolences to all of your loved ones. I am so very sorry.
Posted By: Kolstad Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 12:42 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news, and my thoughts goes to his family and friends.

I knew him from the forums and we even wrote a song together. He was such a glimpse of light, and I loved the way he wrote his posts. He was really a creative force.

Here's the thread from back then http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=715969

He definitely was no slouch when it came to serious songwriting either. I remember his story of having a song on hold for Eric Clapton. That was one of the coolest things I've ever heard, being a fan of slowhand since my teens.

RIP Stan Good! Great to know you.

Remember Tampa Stan's releases at CD Baby http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/TampaStan as well.

They are still up, and great to remember him by.
Posted By: Noel Downs Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 01:16 PM
Good bye for now my friend..... frown

See you on the flip side
Posted By: MidniteBob Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 06:01 PM
I saw this yesterday as I was rushing off to work. I thought waiting a day would give me time to come up with something eloquent. But words still fail, which is a problem Stan wasn't familiar with.

Godspeed Tampa Stan, and may your loved ones find comfort in a life well lived.

Midnite
Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 08:22 PM
Heidy-ho and Heidy-bye BRO Stan,

"Heck Stanley, you've really gone and done it this time."

Words just fail me.

To a great JPF bud, to a kind and loving soul, to a gentleman and a friend, I wish you farewell.

My sincere condolences to La Femme and family.

And I must say I am very privileged to have known one of the finest lyricists who has ever walked this earth.

Not to mention your kindness and your warmth to others.

My last words to you were harsh, on the critique forum. They were harsh because I know what you were achieving, and because as one who believes in your work, you would want nothing less.

And with inimitable style and grace, you took my words as intended, and with good humour and a jest for life, were gracious and kind, as always.

(((Big Guy Hugs))) my friend and I do hope you're travelling well.

cheers, ( real, oh yes real ones, and I raise my glass ) Geoff

PS - I understand the Academy pays tribute to those every year who have left us. Perhaps those voting members who have a position on the various boards could call for Stan to be mentioned and included. A finer lyricist I've never met.

Posted By: niteshift (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/17/13 10:39 PM
Ps - would anyone from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences please step forward ?

cheers, niteshift
Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/18/13 01:06 AM
I managed to find the 'Existence' lyric that I mentioned earlier. It's not a very long thread but is the epitome of Stan. It's got of Stanisms, La Femme, humor, compassion, 'twinkle in the eye' ladies man, and loads of CAPS wink
The lyric itself seems quite poignant now.

Existence

Enjoy

He just commented on one of my songs called "THE WIFE HID MY TOOLS/BUSTED

Wow.....!
Barry
Posted By: glynda Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/19/13 02:26 AM
Just wanna bump it back up...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those two shots of Stan. I bought over a dozen antique fans from him, but never got to see his shop... my family LOVED them... we need to find out if his family are selling off the fans and clocks... they'd make awesome keepsakes or gifts I promise you! (Though you won't get Stan's handwritten notes about the history of each company and of the fan in question... those were priceless).

I know he was trying to sell stuff at the end and was also hoping to find a good home for his fan collection in total. I hope they haven't given up on that idea.

Brian
Posted By: Douglas Murphy Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/19/13 03:32 PM
I thought to give myself a couple of days to get my thoughts together. I couldn't really.

Stan was a staple here, he was one of those writers that I looked for whenever I came to the Board.

He made me laugh, think and cry with his words and he always had a kind word and great suggestions.

We co-wrote a few and I always wanted to know what well he pulled from...he never told me smile

We spoke twice on the phone, we were always going to Skype but never got around to it and I am going to miss him.

Douglas

"All in one voice to the dearly departed.
Lets raise a glass and honor their name.
We'll keep them alive with stories and memories.
Happy in knowing we shared in their game."
Posted By: RickyBobby1313 Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/20/13 07:12 AM
Although I was not aware of Tampa Stan, my condolences to his family in their time of loss.
Posted By: Ian Ferrin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/21/13 03:16 AM
I only interacted on a couple of occasions w/ Tampa Stan. But it really touches me the love and goodwill everyone has for him.

I read the newspaper article about him and was touched by the quote about life and death from Stan himself:

"I don't get rich on it (his fan & clock shop). I haven't yet, and I doubt I ever will. There's a story about a kid. His grandma used to beat him at Monopoly, buying everything up. He finally learned how to beat her, and piled up property and money. The coup de grace, she tells him, "Just remember, at the end of the game, it all goes back in the box." That's how I feel. At the end of the game, it all goes back in the box."

- Tampa Stan Good
Posted By: Andy K Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/21/13 03:30 AM
I went to Stan's funeral service today. About a hundred people were there. I was the only JPF-er there that I recognized. I didn't recognize any other active songwriters or musicians there.

The service was beautiful. Even though we think of him as mostly a lyricist, music was actually a very small part of his life. Not because music wasn't important to him, but because he led a VERY FULL life. He really stretched himself very thin, had so many passions, and lived life to its absolute fullest.

But since the main reason we are on this site is because of music, you should be interested that the three songs played at the service were:

Opening: My Arms Are Open
Midpoint: The Man Who Opens Doors
Closing: It's OK To Cry
Posted By: Dayson Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/21/13 05:32 AM
This is very sad news to hear about Stan..
Like everyone here, my heart is heavy with sadness over the loss of such a great man, who meant so much to everyone here.
Stan's energy and spirit seemed to pop off the boards like no one else's and I will truly miss his presence here. God Bless you Stan.-Dana
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/21/13 12:45 PM
I'm a newby here, so I never had any contact with Stan, but he was obviously loved and will be missed by those who had. That's quite a legacy. He is also the featured artist this week on Music Tampa Bay:

http://www.musictampabay.com/

RIP Mr. Good.

Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/22/13 06:44 AM
I just found out the news from Glynda. My heart is heavy. I can only offer my condolences to Dominique and their boys and family. I am at a loss for words.
Goodbye, Stan.
Posted By: Jackie444 Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/22/13 07:34 AM
I just saw this how very sad : / will miss you Stan
Posted By: Jim Colyer (D) Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/23/13 02:43 AM
Stan is even being written about at TS.
Andy,

Thanks for the info on the services. Had health allowed I would have been there. I am a bit sad that no one spoke about his passion for his lyrics/music and the massive impact he's had on thousands of people here now and who have come and gone. But I am sure his family knew by far the right balance to keep and you prove that by your comments.

We always talk about "music that moves us here" for the past 4 decades of JPF's existence (started in 1985). It was clear that many things moved Stan, his fans, his clocks, his family and friends and if music was only a sliver of his life, imagine how full it must have been based on how much he put in around here.

He's a hero for serving our country and a hero for moving us all here on a daily basis with his lyrics and songs and most importantly his upbeat kindness and enthusiasm.

I still haven't truly come to grips with it yet. This is the 9th friend plus my Grandmother to pass away in the last 12.5 months. What a terrible year that took so many amazing people out of my life and perhaps millions who knew of or were influenced by their collective good deeds and Stan was nothing if not defined by that.

Brian
Posted By: nightengale Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/28/13 04:13 AM
I found out about Stan almost a week ago and was at such a loss for words I couldn't respond. My prayers go out to his family. Stan was such a big part of this site and will always be remembered.

He was one of my greatest teachers when I first came here as a wanna-be writer and was so much help to me.

I will especially remember the nicknames he gave us all. Mine was Swissy Missy cause of something I wrote when I was new here and I was pretty sure it had to have been to Jeans Recipe challenge #39, The Recipe Song.

I wrote a little tribute to Stan, probably post it on the lyric boards for more of his friends to read.

Verse 1
I got caught up in life,
Been away awhile,
When I heard the word,
I couldn't help but cry..

Verse 2
I didn't want to believe it,
Had'ta see for myself,
But took a long road back,
Couldn't catch my breath..

Chorus
It's like.. commin' home way too late,
When ya got things'ta say that just can't wait,
Then you're at a loss, ya can't catch up on things....
It's like.. commin' home and it feels great,
Lotta familiar and a few new faces,
But someone you've missed is gone.. he spred his wings....

Bridge
You're still the man.. big guy hug guy..
But your heart reached out so far it finally touched the sky..
Yet your words live on.. your words live on..
And they make us smile........

Chorus
It's like.. commin' home way too late,
When ya got things'ta say that just can't wait,
Then you're at a loss, ya can't catch up on things....
It's like.. commin' home and it feels great,
Lotta familiar and a few new faces,
But someone you've missed is gone.. he spred his wings....

Posted By: Irwin Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 10/29/13 05:24 PM
Oh My,Tampa Stan is not with us any more?.what a lost he will be messed. I am from "Guyana, South America" and I am glad I got to know him (JPF made it possible) Feel we were kinda close even though our countries are so far apart, I looked up to Stan. I will miss him mostly for his replies he really helped me a lot along with my lyric writing. Condolences to everyone who loved him.

Irwin
Posted By: Joanne Lurgio Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 11/07/13 04:40 PM
still makes me sad to read frown xo
Posted By: hlcd Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 11/07/13 05:23 PM
I remember my ex. talking about Stan many times, Stan was greatly love by all. I remember the stories about his many fans and clocks and his music of course. He will be truly missed. RIP STAN
With love Helen frown
Posted By: Ande Rasmussen Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 11/07/13 10:54 PM
very sad
may he Rest in Peace
great guy
very prolific songwriter and very supportive JPF member
It's going to take quite a while for anyone to surpass his record of 29,275 posts here

he was active here right up to the end
http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthr...=25&&fromsearch=1&fromprof=1

Please post your fav stan songs or songs you cowrote with him.

Ande
I just got a note on here from Max Good, one of Stan's sons. Please make him feel welcome if he sticks his head in as I am sure he must have questions. I told him to say hello on this post.

They are closing up the Clock/Fan shop, selling some stuff to other collectors and putting others into storage. If any of you want a vintage electric Fan (I have one on my desk and its amazing.. art deco!) or a clock you might ask Max how you might get one to remember Stan by and just as a wonderful item/heirloom.

Brian
Posted By: L. James Tanner Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 11/11/13 01:47 AM
Wow..I was just getting to know him. What a great guy. So sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to his family.
I regret that I have not been on JPF Forums for a while due to other projects. Decided to get back on last night, saw the list of writers and noticed that Stan had a (D) by his name. I almost fell out of my chair and proceeded to look for any posts related to his death. So sad to learn it was true.

Stan was one of the regular writers on my former songwriting sites, Shayne's Wordplay and The Write Stuff. We became co-writers and online friends. There was about a 500 mile distance between our homes, so, unfortunately we never met face-to-face. He kept telling me when I critiqued his songs that he owed me another steak dinner and was planning to sell his home and make a trip to NashVegas where my steak dinners would be bought.

Now I'm sure every time I eat a steak that I'll be reminded of him. R.I.P. Stan. I know I'll see you again someday.
Posted By: David Gill Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 12/11/13 07:00 PM
It's been 2 months and each time I visit here I can't help but feel that emptiness knowing he's not here. I miss you, Stan-a-reeno, old friend.

Big Guy hugs to you.

Peace,

Dave
Posted By: bailey bridges Re: Tampa Stan... RIP Is this true? - 12/19/13 01:07 AM
I feel similar to Scott. Tampa Stan helped me begin toddling through the songwriting maze. He did it with such a sense of humor and even when it was the type where I knew I was being the brunt of a joke (between the lines) it was alright because he cared about everyone. I could be myself 'around' Tampa Stan on the boards.

Having just learned today of his death--I am a bit overwhelmed right now. Recently I had been going back through some old songs and almost every one of them carries the memory of a thorough and witty, yet tactful critique written by him. I cannot believe that he is not here. His clocks and his fan stories and his candor...

My sincere condolences to his
"beautiful" wife and sons.

Bailey
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards