JPF Home Page
Anyone going next week? Been to one in the past? Thoughts on it? I'm still undecided, but thought it might an interesting crash course on the biz.
Posted By: Andy K Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 10/28/11 05:36 AM
No, I'm not going. I'm no longer a TAXI member. But I was to five in the past. I highly recommend going if you are a member and have never been to one. But after five rallies, I've seen almost everything. There is a lot of repetition between rallies. But there is so much going on that you can't take it all in at one rally. But after five rallies, I've done pretty much everything they offer and there isn't enough new stuff to justify the cost. (Michael Laskow like to brag that the rallies are free for TAXI members and guests, which may be true for those living in the LA area. But, for those of us who live across the country, it is quite expensive.)
Delphia,

DEFINITELY go! It will be an amazing experience. Take advantage of any and all extra stuff they do like mentor sessions and plan to hang out with other musicians the whole time (i.e. don't just go out to LA at night). It will be an awesome experience!

Brian
Posted By: Delphia Blize Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 10/28/11 10:02 PM
Hi guys. I decided last night to just go ahead and go, booked my ticket, got my room, i'm all set! Just looking forward to soaking it all up. I'm sure I'll learn a ton and meet some nice people, and that will be plenty worth it. I'm excited for the adventure, I love solo travel. Plus, it's already getting cold here in Minnesota :0) Thanks for the encouragement Brian. Indeed, I have no intention of seeing LA or any non-musicians the whole time. Not even telling a few friends in the area that I'll be there smile Stealth mission!
It's the best music conference in the world... you'll love it!
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 10/29/11 11:02 PM
Hi Delphia:

Glad you plan to attend. I hope you'll remember to post again about your experience there. Here's hoping you are able to make some really good music industry contacts... and take away a ton of inspiration as a result of attending. Best wishes and best of luck.

Dave Rice
Posted By: Andy K Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 10/31/11 03:28 AM
I think you made a good choice. You won't regret it. It will open your eyes to what the industry is really looking for, who your competition is, and how good your stuff really needs to be.
Posted By: Delphia Blize Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 10/31/11 06:00 AM
yeah, i'm not sure yet... i'm reserving judgment. for sure i'll try to let ya know what i find out and what i think of Taxi etc. after.
Posted By: Delphia Blize Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 11/08/11 07:49 AM
Hi folks...as requested I'm just reporting back after the rally. I'm sure Brian and whoever else who has been is probably laughing right now knowing the task of trying to communicate how unbelievable that rally is...I am totally delerious after 3 days that I never wanted to end and really all I can say is that if ur a musician and u want to move forward in any direction join Taxi now and go to the rally next year - and every year after it. I can't even put it into words right now....anything I would say would just not do it justice. I mean, u have to have good songs and u have to be willing to work - if u have that, go to Road Rally... I'm getting on a plane now and got about two hours of sleep so suffice it to say...u just gotta go. G'night. -Del
Posted By: Delphia Blize Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 11/08/11 07:51 AM
Ps if u have any specific questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best smile
Posted By: Dave Rice (D) Re: anyone going to Taxi Road Rally? - 11/17/11 05:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Delphia:

Hopefully, you have rested and gathered your thoughts about this experience. Does any one thing or event "take center stage" in your memory of the "Rally?"

Did you make any meaningful contacts there who might be able to provide future advice or assistance in propelling your career in music?

Glad you enjoyed it and I really appreciate your time and trouble to let us know.

Regards,
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards