JPF Home Page

Grapefruit Moon Video

Posted By: Wendy D

Grapefruit Moon Video - 11/06/20 02:58 PM

During this crazy time of working from home, isolation, etc., I made a video for my song, Grapefruit Moon. I made/designed all of the props and shot it on my iPhone using an app called Stop Motion Studio. I had some stops/starts with it in 2019 but did not really begin any earnest work until around March of 2020. I cut/colored/pasted almost every evening from March until the end of May and then shot it in May and early June over about four weekends. It has a very "homespun" feel to it and it is "kid friendly" as well.

I had only posted in on FB through the band page but eventually put it up on YouTube as I am working on my own music channel that is separate from the band stuff.

I thought I would post it here so some folks outside Facebook might enjoy it.

[img]https://youtu.be/aBJlEk1_nms[/img]
Posted By: Gavin Sinclair

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 11/09/20 05:40 PM

Wendy, this is so charming. Catchy melody, beautifully performed and the video fits it so well. Creating something that feels so simple takes a lot of work, I'm sure. It was worth it. Love it!

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 11/10/20 12:06 AM

Thanks Gavin! I am sure skill has a lot to do with the amount of time these projects take. I had not tried a project like this previously (so hence - lack of skill, trial error, may make things drag out) but I feel like I learned a lot from it. It's not perfect but that's okay.

I appreciate you coming by to view it.
Posted By: VNORTH2

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 11/29/20 04:28 PM

I ran a post production company in Vancouver, Canada for a number of years and so I have a good knowledge of video. Your video is high end quality, the creativity is genius. The subtleties are so so good. Props to you for producing this.
Posted By: maccharles

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 12/02/20 05:06 AM

Soo fucking stupidly good.

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 12/03/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by VNORTH2
I ran a post production company in Vancouver, Canada for a number of years and so I have a good knowledge of video. Your video is high end quality, the creativity is genius. The subtleties are so so good. Props to you for producing this.

Thanks so much! I had a lot of fun coming up with the subtitles.

Re: Grapefruit Moon Video - 12/03/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by maccharles
Soo fucking stupidly good.

Thank you, sir!
© 2021 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards