JPF Home Page
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 05:39 PM
Hi Folks,

So I am getting reacclimated to being home after the last several months on the road. I am now caught up on Entourage, perhaps my favorite show on TV these days, (and an amazingly accurate depiction of life in entertainment world.. I know people like every character on the show).

We are now shifting our thoughts towards Europe. Right now we're going to take a realistic approach in that our first goal is to meet 1 JPF member in every region we visit. If we line that up, then we'll work for 1 in each city we pass through. Next, we'll look at setting up member gatherings in larger cities. If that is promising we may try to elevate some of those events to actual JPF Roadtrip Showcases like we do in North America. We have a few US members over there touring and doing stuff so those are easy targets to meet with, but we really want to meet locals as well. We don't have many European Message board users, so these folks will likely come from the general newsletter readers or the pool of award nominees/winners from years past. If we could do showcases, our first goals would be Amsterdam, Munich, Prague, Vienna (or Salzburg), Rome and Paris.

I put up the group photos from the US showcases. We have tons of additional photos (over 10K actually) and it will take a while to get through them and then get them posted.

We have a LOT of stuff going on behind the scenes here right now and since we'll be out of range so to speak for several months in Europe, we're trying to deal with all these issues before we leave. I may be taking a few trips to both coasts before we leave, so I may actually be busier now than I am on the road. I do hope to get back to posting on the boards more until we leave however. Once in Europe, I am guessing I'll be doing good to post a weekly update.

So did I miss anything while I was on the road?

Brian

PS: Football season is BACK! (I am going to miss at least 5 games in Europe.. that's the one thing that sucks...)
Posted By: Herbie Gaines Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 06:03 PM
I REALLY feel bad for you Brian...let's see...go to Europe>>>stay at home and watch football>>>Europe>>>football....ummmm ya I guess it's a tough decision but I think I'd pick European Vacation.. ;-)

Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 06:08 PM
Hey.. after living in a city with no champions in sports (if you're a big sports fans) it's unfortunate to miss our Super Bowl year. The only game I REALLY want to see is the Indy/New England game in November when I will be in the middle of France. Ironically that particular day is our worst day in Europe in that we have a very boring and uninteresting 6 hour drive from Montreux Switzerland to Blois, France. I know that sounds great to many, but truthfully it really is the most boring day we'll likely spend on the trip as there's very little to see along the way and a lot of distance to cover. It's sort of looks like Indiana along the route.. the boring parts of Indiana no less. We looked for side trips and even spoke to some folks who have lived in France and they all agreed with us that it's really boring with little prospects for doing much more than getting through the long drive. The only possible saving grace would be to find a JPF member literally along the way to meet with. Then the day would be great. We'll see if anyone comes out of the woodwork.

Brian
Posted By: Herbie Gaines Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 06:55 PM
I understand---when the bears won in 85 we were supposed to have a dynasty...we lost in the first round the next year...I'll never forget Walter Payton sitting there with his head in his heads...knowing that it was likely he'd never see the Super Bowl again...It was really sad...and he died a tragic death from liver failure around 10 or so years later...You'll be back for the playoffs, that's what really matters
Posted By: Bob Cushing Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 09:15 PM
Who Dey!
Posted By: Sam Wilson Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 10:14 PM
Brian, see if you can make it to Barcelona, Spain, and catch up with Priscilla Hernandez.........
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/10/07 11:35 PM
We won't make it to Spain.. it's just too far out of the way and we're driving the entire time.

Right now our plans are:

Paris
Brugges, Belgium
Amsterdam
Koln, Germany
Bacharat, Germany
Mainz, Germany
Rothenburg, Germany
Fussen, Germany
Munich, Germany
Prague, CZ
Vienna
Hallstatt, Austria
Salzburg
Venice
Florence
Rome
Pompeii
Naples
Orvieto, Italy
Sienna, Italy
Pisa
Monaco
Nice, France
Arles, France
Avignon, France
Chamonix/Mont. Blanc, France
Montreux, Switzerland
Lucerne, Switzerland
Blois, France
Mont. St. Michel, France
Normandy Beach, France
Paris
Home

= )

Brian
Posted By: Doug/Liszt Laughing Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/11/07 07:59 PM
I think you missed a few spots! hahahah smile just kidding...wow cool trip!
Posted By: Andy Dinnell Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/22/07 06:21 PM
Brian,

When are you going to be in Prague. I visit there quite often and could maybe try to make it over. Or even to Amsterdam.

Andy
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/22/07 08:32 PM
Hi Andy,

We'll be over there app. Oct 4-6th. We'll be in Amsterdam app. Sep 27-28th. We plan to email the entire dates/cities lineup to everyone soon. Stay tuned.

Brian
Posted By: Andy Dinnell Re: Friday, August 10th, 2007 - 08/22/07 08:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Brian i'll wait for the dates and hopefuly I can manage to organise myself.

Andy
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards