JPF Home Page

Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift)

Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney

Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift) - 12/31/17 12:23 PM

My Holiday present for all of you, especially creative types, but also for movie lovers, music lovers etc. is to simply direct you to one of the smartest presenters I have come across on YouTube who, to date, has never failed to enlighten me (even on things I thought I already knew) or simply make me appreciate or see things in new ways in entertainment. I am not going to link a particular video because you can literally just find a subject title that looks interesting and jump in and I will be shocked if you're not satisfied with the results. I watched an interesting one one dialogue and Fleetwood Mac moments ago, but seriously, just enjoy!.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nerdwriter1

Happy Holidays and here's to a great year in 2018!
Posted By: Dave Rice

Re: Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift) - 12/31/17 02:33 PM

Happy New Year (a day early) Brian:

Thanks for the link. I, too, was immediately drawn to the Fleetwood Mac video... and more importantly, the little details about how a simple lyric and melody evolved into something moving... to coin a phrase by you, my friend. Stay warm up there in Indy.

----Dave
Posted By: maccharles

Re: Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift) - 12/31/17 04:34 PM

Great channel, I too, loved the fleetwood mac video as I have always felt a kinship to lindsey in terms of "color" guitar approach....in fact....I have always described myself as a color player...so his use of said description made me smile.

The norm mcdonald video was also entertaining.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift) - 01/01/18 07:37 AM

Really glad you guys checked it out, I knew you'd like it. I have yet to not enjoy any of his posts, they are amazingly well researched, written and edited. Very impressive!

Re: Daily Distractions 12-31-17 (Year End Gift) - 01/19/19 08:06 AM

Bump.. hey guys, check this out if you haven't!
© 2019 Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards