JPF Home Page
Posted By: Brian Austin Whitney September 30th, 2016 - 09/30/16 07:45 AM
September 30, 2016

Hi Folks,

We're passing another anniversary date, first, it's been 31 years since JPF started back in college, and second it's been over 18 years since we started our online portion of JPF first with the newsletter and then with the website and this message board.

As everyone paying attention knows, we're working on another JPF Music Awards. In a way the experience has brought me back around to the early days when we were completely below the radar and just doing this mostly as a fun hobby. We don't have the resources we did say 7 years ago (prior to the health issues I had to overcome) but spending time listening to music from around the world (just got done listening to Inst. Jazz from Mexico and Vocal Jazz from Poland), never really gets old. Hearing the remaining songs and albums as we finalize one category after another leading to announcing our nominees hopefully at the end of October, it's uplifting because mixed in with long time members I have gotten to know are folks I have yet to meet and a few world famous artists who we didn't even realize had entered this year until recently. (Found another today that really made me smile as I have been a long time fan and didn't realize they were involved and have been since early on, over 2 decades ago). I can't wait to announce and share what our collective has picked as the music that has moved them most this year.

We're always off the road during the awards judging, so I really miss seeing folks. It is my plan to get back out next spring and summer after the awards and we're considering getting a JPF mobile (i.e. a Motor Home) to make touring North America easier and more fun. I've toured in trucks and vans and cars and slept in all of them over the years, it will be nice to have an actual bed to use when we tour.

We plan to update the message board after the awards are over. It's broken at the moment due to cloud software that just isn't compatible with this very old message board. We'll likely have more bells and whistles, but I may miss this old board as it has really worked well for us to date with nearly 100 million visits since it when on line.

I am sorry to have lost many friends and entities over the past few years, and amazed to some extent we're still among the living, albeit a bit smaller in this day and age of social media and behemoth social networking sites. I consider us one of the oldest social media sites in the world still running and I hope we keep that up at least a bit longer, perhap to hit 40?

I've been remiss in updating this. I am so busy that I rarely update anything online, but I felt it was time to pop my head in and let you know I am still chugging diet coke and listening to members music and interacting with the world in a wide array of places and ways. Here's hoping we keep on keeping on together!

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks

September 30, 2016
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards