You have blood on your name
You thought they were savages
Why weren’t you ashamed?
Your abuses were many
You backed no goodwill
Yet your face is still plastered
On the twenty dollar bill

Posted By: jodyWayne Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/16/11 09:19 AM
This song needs no critique. It is well written. You hit the nail right on the head with this topic. I love it when someone manages to "tell it like it really is". Record it, CD it and I'll buy it.

Take care,
jody
Posted By: Dan Sullivan Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/16/11 09:52 AM
Cindy, Gosh darnit. Your song about Old Hickory now requires me to read up on Andy to see if their is merit to your complaints! It's good to see a historical song on the board once in awhile!

Keep up the good work.
Posted By: cindyrella Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/19/11 08:20 PM
Thanks! I do like a little history now and again. You can read up on him all over the place but since I am part Cherokee and Choctaw I really have issues with him!
I hope I can get someone to do the music.
Cindy
Posted By: Terry G Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/20/11 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dan Sullivan
Cindy, Gosh darnit. Your song about Old Hickory now requires me to read up on Andy to see if their is merit to your complaints! It's good to see a historical song on the board once in awhile!

Keep up the good work.

Dan,

Watch The Money masters
and you'll find out that Cindy's verse about Jackson and the CRIMINAL BANKERS
couldn't be further from the truth. On Jackson's tomb is chiselled: "I killed the bank". they tried to kill him but two flint-loading pistols misfired in his stomach. Jefferson, Lindberg, Franklin, McFadden, JFK ALL KNEW THAT THE BANKERS OF TODAY'S threatening NEW WORLD ORDER dictatorship, HAD TO BE STOPPED.

Watch the money masters if you really want the truth of our history.

THE MONEY MASTERS
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=8702

Jefferson
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson (3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Kennedy & Gov't Plot ( CENTRAL BANKERS!!)
"The high office of President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the American's freedom, and before I leave office I must inform the citizen of his plight."
From President John F. Kennedy's last speech, made at Columbia University, in November 1963, 10 days before his murder.

It was Meyer Rothschild who said.
"Give me control over the issuance of a nation's currency and I care not who makes its laws."

THEY FINALLY GOT THAT VERY CONTROL -- THAT JACKSON AND OTHERS KEPT THEM FROM GETTING-- IN 1913,
with the passage of the Federal Reserve Act

JEFFERSON'S PROPHECY COMING TRUE TODAY:
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
Thomas Jefferson (3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Jefferson to Taylor
“The system of banking, we have both equally and ever
reprobated. I contemplate it as a blot left in all our
constitutions, which, if not covered, will end in their
destruction, which is already hit by the gamblers in
corruption, and is sweeping away in its progress the fortunes
and morals of our citizens.”
Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor,
May 28, 1816.

On the subject of JACKSON'S complicity regarding the horrific treatment of the Cherokee Nation however, I am in complete agreement.

Terry
Posted By: Terry G Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/22/11 06:55 AM
I gotta stress
I gotta reinforce
Cindyrella
That you were right on about the trail of tears
That Jackson was very much to blame
For his not stopping it in the final hour

But he sure was right about who was doin' that ethnic cleansing
Of that day . . .
The same. . .
international bankers !
They go back a very long snaky way

He Picked up where Thomas Jefferson left off!
Read their quotes. . .

Hat's off!
Posted By: Dan Sullivan Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/22/11 07:29 AM
Cindy, Like most of us, I'd known in general about our shameful treatment of the Indian nations. But I did a little reading based on your song about Jackson and the details of what was done to the Southeastern Indian nations is beyond shameful. Criminal is a better word to describe the behavior of Jackson and the U.S. Government. Thanks for opening my eyes a little more.
Posted By: cindyrella Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 01/22/11 07:20 PM
Thanks for the comments. Terry, I will watch what you recommend because I don't know that much about the money and bank issues. . Just what I had read. I have studied quite a bit about the Trail of Tears and his role in it and it was criminal. I think it is good to write about history and to discuss and learn from it.
Cindy
Posted By: Plavi Mesec Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 02/06/11 03:41 PM
Cindy,

I think there is no need to tell you again that these lyrics are very well written (I think this is obvious). I love lyrics that relate also to historical or real geographical topics/locations, so I enjoyed in reading this one. It is always nice to read sontexts about some topics that are beyond the "inflational" "love-things" and that some people are able to use their brain and not to take all for true what some others want us to believe in...
Great job!!
Posted By: cindyrella Re: On the Twenty Dollar Bill - 02/08/11 07:12 PM
Thanks Petar. I do love to write about such things. I always learn something. Knowlege is indeed wonderful.
Cindy
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards