JPF Home Page
Posted By: glynda Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/05/10 06:58 AM
Ok talking to myself in the shout box the other night, Stan has honored me with this co-write ...actually he did most of it, but here it is...hope you all enjoy it...Stan and glyn

"MAN-BLANKET" (C) 2010 by Glyn & Stan/ BMI

It's Gettin' COLD Around Here..
I MISS That Aftershave & Sharin' a Beer
Those TV Rasslin' Matches; Pipe-that-He-Smoked
I Need Me SOMETHIN'-WARM, Now That HE'S LEFT HOME!~

(CHORUS)
I Need a MAN-BLANKET!
In Outdoor PLAID, WITH 2 ARMS-ATTACHED
I Need a MAN-BLANKET!
One That SIZZLES; AIN'T Too HARD-T'-CATCH
& Every Night I'll HUG IT and THANK IT...
My NEW MAN-BLANKET!

Last One I Had Here was ALL-WORN-OUT
He Plum FORGOT What LOVE Was ALL-About!
CHEATED a BIT and LIED Some-MORE
SO I Sent That LAST ONE..OUT-The-DOOR...

(CHORUS)
I Need A NEW..MAN-BLANKET..(ETC.)

(BRIDGE Sug:)
'Want That SOFT..DOWN..BLANKET
("DOWN-BOY...DOWN!")
With PERMANENT-PRESS
(When He Comes Around!)
Hangs-Up a RODEO BELT..& A COWBOY HAT
(Every MAN-BLANKET Sure Looks GOOD..in THAT!)

(SOLO TIME)

(CHORUS)
I Need a MAN-BLANKET
2 Tony Roma BOOTS..Underneath My Bed
I Need a MAN-BLANKET
Bright BLUE EYES..Even-BRIGHTER RED HEAD!
& Each Night I'm COVERED, I'll THANK IT...
My NEW..MAN-BLANKET...

(TAG)
And IF It Ain't WARM-ENOUGH...I'll YANK IT..
My NEW MAN-BLANKET...
HiDee Mz G! Wow..my keypad was still coolin'-off & I noticed it was POSTED real-Pronto! (Guess that means ya liked it?) The "(Both?)" is there in the Header since I wasn't sure if Both of us are in BMI? I am...(remove the "?" or folks'll be head-scratchin'..heh!)

You did QUITE a fair-share of the heavy-liftin' on this one..(Especially since I'm not Exactly Turned-On by Men)..but yeah, I was aware you GALS are aware of rasslin' matches & pipe-smokin' bein' a GUY-Thing. Other'n that bit, you came up with the Lion's Share, M'LadyChum! AND..the Hook & FUN Concept..indeedy! I'd honestly never heard OF a Man-Blanket before you popped mention of it in the Shout Box. THANKS for lettin' me Join Ya in The Fun here! Best Wishes/Major League Hugs..AND..the now-traditional "Wee Forehead Smooch" I save for only the Finest Babes here at JPF!

Ol' Stan
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/05/10 07:38 AM
oh and yes i'm BMI also..thanks glyn
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/05/10 12:33 PM
oh forgot to add that we wish we could get Polly to sing this one with alot of attitude....by the way where is Polly?? glyn
Hey Glynda and Stanerooski,

WOW, you two are a dangerous combination! So fun to see the SASSY results of putting your heads together.

Totally digging the hook...but I wish you could play up the BLANKET part of the equation even more. You set it up nicely in the first verse, with "needin somethin' warm"...and a line here and there...but seems you focus more on the MAN. Maybe throw in something about "snuggling" with it....or "though it becomes thread-bare it's still so cozy"? Is that making any sense? It just seems that the "blanket" is an excuse to talk about the MAN/MEN, rather than a way to describe him.

By the same token, all the blanket images I'm thinking of (feet bundled up together under a blanket on a cold night, or wrapping around her if she's not feeling well, etc.)...seem more like "romantic" gestures. So in that sense, they would totally change the tone of the song as it stands right now. Hmmm. Don't know how to resolve that.

Still, just food for thought. Maybe it's just me anyway. crazy Regardless, it's a treat to see this particular combo of writers here. Look forward to seeing more from you...

Cheers,
Beth
Posted By: Dottie Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/06/10 03:52 AM
Hi Glynda and Stan,

This is so cute! I need one of these blankets too! It's getting very cold here!

Dottie
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/06/10 06:14 AM
Dottie,

Thank you so much for liking this one...and like Beth suggested, maybe somehow we could put some feet on this blanket and like you could swing it's legs over you...you know like the ole' man used to do while you slept...

thanks glyn
G'Mornin' Mz O!

As we got into this'n', I sorty thought "Blankets are BORING, let's dig on the GUY More" and that's what came out. I steered out more to the Country Side..since Glyn's in Texas, afterall..& she helped a bunch with a Long List of Good "Blanket" Attributes, which obviously got trimmed a LOT to fit a 3-minute-format..heh!

We did get in "Worn Out" and "Covered" in here, did we not?

(I'll admit the "Permanent Press" was a Stretch...but I'm sure ALL you gals appreciated that line...);-)>

So..I guess I've erred somewhat by punchin'-up Fabio over Fabrics...but...waal..Which would You Prefer??? ;-)>

(Check out the Katy Perry "Peacock" Video which was taped on a Letterman Show...before ya answers..heh!)

I think we've tapped the current mindset here...JMO..of course!
But you KNOW we appreciate your very valid Crit on this Baby here. (& I'm always walkin' that thin line between Purv and Father Figure, the older I gets/I'm too-aware..heh!) (Glyn's bein' a Cougar gets her away with Everythin'..I'm so jealous!)

I kept that big hit, "It's Raining Men" in the back of my mind as the rough drafts of this one came along. Think we kept it "tastefully-overt-enouigh'..here's-hopin'!

Many Thanks for Your Kind Visit & Words, M'LadyChum! (Hope ya enjoyed the Vid! My 31-yr-old son Chris turned me on to Katy the other day..QUITE an Entertainer...VERRY "Courante"!) (A bit SCARRY, too..from a Boomer's-Eye-View.)

Best Wishes & Big Major League Hugs,
Ol' Stan
G'Mornin' Mz Dottie!

Hope ya find ya a Good One! 'Tis certainly gettin' t'be the WEATHER for 'em! (I got me a GAL Blanket..so I can Identify! I'm sensitive to Cold/She's got these convenient Hot Flashes...Perfect Combo!) ;-)> Gotta run a heater in the Garage tonight..it's only goin' up to 63 today in Tampa/my parrots get REAL chilly in the garage come-Winter/USED to have a functioning Gas-Hotter-Heater running there that'd keep 'em warm. Replacement's Electric..hope to install it next weekend..but it won't toss off much heat, I'm afraid.

Waal..Bundle Up...of Chop Wood...or eat stuff with LOTS of Calories..& ENJOY this Wintry Season! With any luck, it'll be Mercifully-Short!

Big Hugs, Best Wishes, & Thanks for Your Kind Visit & Words!
Stan
Posted By: Roderic Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/06/10 05:18 PM
Stan and Glyn,

Very cute. I like it a lot. I volunteer myself to be a nice ladies 'man blanket', should someone be so desperate.

Rod
Hi Stan & Glynda,

Well I can tell you guys had fun with this...especially that tag! A sassy gal would no doubt also had fun singing it...I will mention that I got distracted by the mention of her last man in the first verse. It implies that she had something warm when he was there...but turns out, she didn't. And also, she comes across as a strong woman who just wants some lovin' and wouldn't mind being alone at times..not always needing someone there.

Just throwing that out there....lol.

Clever write!

Kristi
Great write with one exception IMO...this verse has only one blanket reference:

Last One I Had Here was ALL-WORN-OUT
He Plum FORGOT What LOVE Was ALL-About!
CHEATED a BIT and LIED Some-MORE
SO I Sent That LAST ONE..OUT-The-DOOR...

The rest of the lyric is solid, but this just seems a bit weak...I know the two of you can put your heads together and make this one shine too!

Good luck with this!
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/10/10 01:15 PM
Hi Rod...well sir , you don't know what you're offering..gals like me would jump on that offering...lol...just kidding..you're safe...Or are you....glyn
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/10/10 01:16 PM
Kristi, thanks for looking this over and it was fun doing this one, epsecially watching Stan's mind act so quick...glyn
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/10/10 01:17 PM
Hi Shayne for commenting on this...and hopefully Stan will see this has been bumped and check it out...glyn
Posted By: MFB III Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/11/10 06:36 AM
Now you two have got me going,

I need a feminine pad on a big springy bed,
I need a head that's not board
who will support me instead,
I need an undercover lady
or a womanly spread,
I need a female bear skin
where I can cushion my head.

Lol~~~~Great song here...MFB III

Posted By: MFB III Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/11/10 06:36 AM

or a womanly spread,

or a womanly spread,

Posted By: MFB III Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/11/10 06:46 AM
ooops sorry about the dupes, my button musta got stuck....now you got a trio singing thos one...lmao~~~MFB III
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 11/11/10 01:26 PM
MFB 111..this is cute..like your female version...thanks glyn
Thanks for Your Kind Visits & Words, Bro Rod & Mz Sunshine!

Brother Shayne, you're totally right, BUT..I wanted Singer to have GOOD REASON (& Character) to be seekin' FOR that "Blanket", along with adddin' a wee bitta PLOT to this Baby.

What we "Sacrificed" in terms of "Blanket" References we more than made-up-for in Making The Singer Look Good. JMO, of course!

And..the "Preview" Feistiness gets us in good-shape for The Tag..heh-heh!

"So I FOLDED that one..out the door" seems less-than wonnaful. Maybe there IS a Blanket-y Verb we could toss in there, but it's not come to mind. ("Rolled" suggests Carpeting.) That's about the ONLY line in that Verse I think I'd wanna mess-with...(But I'll defer to Glynda's superb Skills..before saying that Verse is Un-Changeable.)

You may be right..I may be lazy...

Thanks for Your Kind Visit & "Catch" Amigo!
Best Wishes & a Big Guy-Hug Backatcha,
Stan
HiYa All-3 Bro MFB's, & Thanks for The Poesie & Peek-In!

The Temptation to do an "Answer Song" titled "Bare Skin Rug" is strong, but I shall resist...heh-heh!

Thanks Again for Your Kind Visit & Words, Amigo!
Best Wishes & a Big Guy-Hug,
Stan
Hi Glynn

Here is a bump on the one you were looking for.
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 10/16/13 08:05 PM
here's a sweet note he'd leave at times..made me feel special..well you know what I mean.....

Best Wishes/Major League Hugs..AND..the now-traditional "Wee Forehead Smooch" I save for only the Finest Babes here at JPF!
Posted By: glynda Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 10/16/13 08:07 PM
Thank you Derek..you need to come around more often..you are another one I'd love to me...on the top of my list...
Posted By: dixie31 Re: Man Blanket ( A Stan and glyn co-write) - 10/20/13 06:02 PM
This is such a cool write. I love lyrics like these, the whole concept just pulls you in. It is loads of fun.
A good lyric Glyn, be nice if it took off and did something it would be a fitting tribute to Stan.
Best of luck with it
Travis
Hey Glyn -- This made me smile throughout! A great Stan-Glynda co-write for sure! -- Lisa
Hey everyone,

I will post this as a seperate post in the general forum as well.

I have talked with Joe Wrabek in private about a possible Tribute Album for Tampa Stan. We are looking for people to help musicate and people who have co-written with Stan to compile a CD and a tentative theme for it is The Heavan and Hell idea. I think for a funny thought in Stan's memory and one that conjures up all sorts of funny Ideas would be Raisin' Hell in Heaven (as I imagine he is lol) So submit your ideas and songs to Joe and he'll head up most of the details. I will try to help as much as I can and feel free to hit me up on here or my email address with any ideas. Thanks everyone!
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards