JPF Home Page
Kaley asked me to post a notice for her collabs and friends that she'll be out of commission for a while.
One eye ,and I understand, that whole side of her face is badly swollen.
It seems she has shingles in her eye. As painful as I understand shingles is (are?) anyway, I can't imagine how bad it would be in your eye.
I asked Google about it and it seems it can be quite serious and could last a few weeks.
Kaley can't even stand to look at a computer monitor because of light sensetivity.
I'm sure all prayers will be appreciated.
Her family can translate E mails for her
Get better Kaley!!!!
Wy
Posted By: Janice Hopkins Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 03:05 PM
Oh gosh, that sounds so painful. I've had shingles, but I didn't know that they could infect the eye. Yes, I can only imagine how bad that could be. So sorry to hear that.

Get better kaley,

You're in my thoughts and prayers,

Jan
Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 03:23 PM
Hey Y,

Thanks for updating us -- but gee wiz, what a horrible situation. As Janice said, shingles are BRUTAL, and one of my best friend's moms had it in her eyes as well, so I can appreciate what she's going thru. Poor thing!!

Please tell her we're rooting for her -- and not to worry about sending in her meager $52 bid, since Mike Z. left her in the dust!! wink

Just trying to add a little levity. But having had shingles twice, I know it's no laughing matter. cry

GET WELL SOON KALEY!!!

Beth
Posted By: Calvin Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 03:26 PM
Hi Wy,

Such a shame to hear of this happening to one of the sweetest people I know.
Let her know I wish her a speedy recovery !

Calvin

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/calvinstewart
Posted By: bailey bridges Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 03:40 PM
I'm sorry to learn of this. Yes, Kaley is an angel and I hate to hear she's suffering from such a painful and risky condition. My prayers are in her behalf. Yes, she's a wonderful and extremely talented lady.

bailey
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 04:17 PM
Hi Janice and thanks,
I didn't know that about shingles either. Can you imagine blisters inside your eyelids? Brrrrr.
Wy
Posted By: Janice Hopkins Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 04:33 PM
No I sure can't, Wy. Shingles are very painful indeed. I'll bet she had chicken pox once because they say it is from the antibodies left over from chicken pox...the good thing is, you're only supposed to get shingles once. I feel badly for her though....

Hope you are doing ok, Wy

Jan
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 04:45 PM
Yeah Janice it seems to be closely related to the chicken Pox
She was wondering about that.
I know you're only supposed to get shingles once, but Boo says she had 'em twice---Being Boo though, I spose that would explain it <G>.
Maybe she won't read this
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 05:20 PM
Hey Boo,
As to your best friend's Mom---Did she have any damage to her vision? Google said in some cases, it could affect your eyesight
You had shingles twice huh?
Hmmm
Thanks for the visit
Y
Posted By: Janice Hopkins Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 05:20 PM
Oh that Boo....yeah...she'll read it...but with her sense of humor, she'll have something good to add.
Posted By: "Tampa Stan" Good (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 06:33 PM
Hi Wy & Thanks for The "Heads-Up"!

Poor Mz Kaley...all that talent...& it never-once Swelled Her Head!

(Sorry about that Bum Virus doin' it, though!)

& a Pox on them Chickens that Started it All, too!

HOPE she's back to Normal in No Time..& Mz Beth can Join The Parade soon, too!

Best Heartfelt Wishes,
Stan
Posted By: Greg C. Brown Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 08:26 PM
I got an e-mail from Kaley's daughter, Lauryn, telling me about the eye shingles. That's gotta be awfully uncomfortable. I'm sure she knows we're all pulling for her to have a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing the information, Wy.

Greg
Posted By: glynda Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 09:19 PM
WY, please let Kaley know that my heartfelt wishes and prayers are on their way to her...had surgery on my left eye just recently and the light still is sensitive to my eyes..but i'm ok, please let her know that i'm thinking of her and to get well quick..shingles in the eyes is alot more painful and serious than what I went through. tell her to I hope she gets well quick..lots of love...glyn
Posted By: DonnaMarilyn Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 10:12 PM
Oh gosh, what an awful thing to have, especially in the eye. frown
Please pass on my best wishes for a very quick and full recovery.

It would be nice if it were "only" a severe case of conjunctivitis (which is also painful and makes eyes ultra sensitive to light), but I don't think a swollen face is part of that.

Do keep us informed, Wy.

Donna
Posted By: Gary Gray X Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 10:26 PM
shingles can cause permanent scars , please get your immune system back up soon as you can and take some zinc supplements to help get well quicker here are some facts as to help the healing process:

A diet that avoids arginine-rich foods while promoting lysine-rich foods can be quite effective. Lysine, an essential amino acid, is especially useful in combating herpes viruses, including herpes zoster. It helps to deter viruses from reproducing, and it is essential for tissue repair. Thus, it speeds healing and helps to prevent the infection from spreading. Take a total of 4,000 mg daily (with 500 mg capsules, take 2 or 3 at a time) for 3 to 4 days. Then cut back the dose by 500 to 1,000 mg every 2 or 3 days.

Zinc is an antiviral and essential to the body's resistance. Oral supplementation with zinc (30 - 100 mg daily) has been shown to be effective in reducing the frequency, duration, and severity of herpes in clinical studies.

Both oral consumption and topical application of vitamin C increase the rate of healing of herpes ulcers. Vitamin C not only battles the shingles virus but builds resistance back up and assists the skin in healing. Take 3,000 to 4,000 mg a day.

Vitamin A is an immune booster and a support for new cell growth. Take 50,000 IU daily for 10 days only

Besides using Vitamin E topically, you can take 400 mg a day to assuage pain during acute phases and reduce the risk of the pain continuing.
A topical preparation used in the treatment of shingles is DMSO. It comes as a liquid and is applied with cotton balls or it also comes in a convenient roll-on applicator.

Apply zinc oxide cream to the blisters and the affected area. After the blisters have healed over, apply aloe vera gel and vitamin E to the area.

http://www.moondragon.org/health/disorders/eyesshingles.html
Posted By: Mike Dunbar Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 10:26 PM
Oh ouch! Kaley, you've got our prayers here.

Get back... soon... to those... dots!
Posted By: Sam Wilson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 10:52 PM
I know Kaley as a sweet, gentle soul whose words always inspire a warm, genuine smile....

I wish to send all the healing powers and love that the winds can carry to her.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 11:11 PM
Right on Calvin,
It's not fair but anyone who expects life to be "fair" is apt to be badly disappointed.
Thanks for stopping by
Wy
Posted By: Michael Zaneski Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 11:25 PM
Hi Wy,

Shingles in that area are just awful!

Get well, Kaley!

Sending prayers your way!

(...thanks, Wy...)

Mike
Posted By: Herbie Gaines Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/17/09 11:57 PM
hi......kaley.......I'm........so.......sorry......to....hear....you.....are.....not......feeling.....well......please.....heal up soon ! ! ..........
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 01:39 AM
Hey Stan,
Yep, Kaley's the real thing.
According to Google the chicken pox virus lies dormant till some time when your immune system is at a low ebb and then it attacks.
Shingles can hang on quite some time too
Thanks for responding
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 02:30 AM
Yep, little Lauryn is growing up.
I used to call her a pipsqueak, but Momma informed me one day that she wasn't a pipsqueak anymore <G>
Thanks for coming by Greg
Wy
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:16 AM
What......Herbie......said. smile Get.....well.....QUICK! Poor baby.

Wy, sent you some email.
Posted By: Kristi McKeever Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:30 AM
Oh my gosh...poor Kaley...too nice a person to have such a thing...tell her to hang in there, Wy...

Sending get well wishes her way! smile smile
Posted By: Bobbie Gallup (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 05:04 AM
Howdy Wy,

Thank you for the heads up on Kaley-girl. I've heard about shingles but never in the eye area. She will definitely be in my prayers for a rapid and complete recovery. This sounds very painful and potentially extremely serious. You are right...life is not fair. Hope she has a great doctor who will do more than throw some pills at her.

Hugs.
Bobbie
Posted By: Joe Wrabek (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 06:14 AM
Kaley, shingles belong on houses, not eyes. Hope you can get 'em back where they belong. My prayers are with you along with everyone else's.

joe
Posted By: MidniteBob Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 12:00 PM
What they ALL said! Love & Prayers to ya Kaley Kid!

Midnite
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 02:53 PM
Hi Glynda,
Yeah, I've been doing quite a bit of "Googleing" on it. Shingles in the eye isn't all that common I understand , but it does happen. The eyes being so sensitive anyway, I can't imagine how painful shingles in them must be.
As far as the quick part, I understand that just doesn't happen with shingles. It takes a while. Hopefully some relief on the pain before long though
Thanks Glynda
Wy
Posted By: Caroline Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:11 PM
Oh my, this is just terrible!! I can't imagine the discomfort, but I can pray she gets better as quick as possible!!

From what I unerstand, you can get them mor ethan once, just as the chicken pox, despite popular belief, if you body doens't build up titers, they can recur. UGH! Once is quite enough though, I'm sure!

Praying for a comfortable recovery, and sending ((((((hugs))))) and wishes for no permanant scarring.
Posted By: Brenda152 Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:34 PM
Poor dear Kaley!!!! Tell her we are all thinking of her, hoping and praying for her to recover very soon!
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:45 PM
Hi Donna,
Yeah, would be good if it was something else, but the Drs seemed to be quite sure. When Kaley went in, she told them her HAIR hurt and they said that was kind of a confirming symptom that it was shingles. Apparently the virus attacks certain nerve fibers and ones to the scalp are among them
Thanks for the good wishes
Wy
Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 04:53 PM
Good morning,

In light of all the shingles speculation here, let me tell you what I know based on my experience and that of my friend's mom.

Most important: EARLY DETECTION. Fortunately (as far as the shingles go), my friend's mom was under regular observation for another medical ailment, and so her complaints were assessed and tended to right away. I do not know how long her episode lasted, nor how she was treated, but I do know the only lingering affect she has is a slight sensitivity to light. So that's the good news.

If it's NOT caught right away, that can be problematic. In my case, the blisters -- which precede the pain -- wrapped around the left side of my torso -- and were misdiagnosed as a flare of my underlying condition dermatomyositis. SO, once the pain did kick in, it was excruciating. Since the shingles had established themselves at this point, treating the pain was the most pressing matter. I went to no less than five different doctors -- including The Mass. General PAIN CLINIC -- and everyone washed their hands of me, saying it was too far along and nerve damage had already set in. Not what I wanted to hear. As I've explained here before, the sensation was as if someone had taken a hot branding iron, shoved it between my ribs and was trying to pry them apart. Literally, when the pain clinic couldn't help me, I was close to suicidal.

This went on for well over a week. I was at home, screaming in pain -- really. Finally, someone hooked me up with this angel of a neurologist, who mixed up this cocktail of meds, and the pain was gone within 24 hours. I owe her my life. smile

Alas, the shingles recurred, in the same location -- yes, contrary to popular belief, you can get them again. But this time, since I was already on a pain med regime, it was much more bearable. I now take the medication Famvir -- which is given to help ease the shingles -- every day to prevent another recurrence. Since I've been on prednisone for going on 9 years now, I'm completely immunosuppressed and am at risk for another outbreak.

Additionally, I did in fact suffer post-herpetic neuralgia -- i.e., permanent nerve damage. I do take specific meds for this as well, and if I miss a dose, I notice it.

SOOOO, long story short, I pray that Kaley was diagnosed quickly....and yes, whatever she can do to boost her immune system is critical.

Hope this is at least moderately helpful...

Beth

P.S. I know strong opinions abound about FDA approved treatments vs. more holistic approaches, etc. And as many of you know, my medical situation is much more complicated than a broken foot....or a couple of cases of shingles. Accordingly, I will not engage in any sort of debate about protocol. This thread is about Kaley.

So Wy/Greg, whoever speaks with her next, please send her my love and best wishes. And if she wants to chat, let me know and I can provide you with my phone number.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 06:54 PM
HI Gary,
Well, I use a lot of herbal stuff myself.
As far as the immune system, the consensus even in the medical profession is that the virus lies there dormant or under control till sometimes when the immune system is at a low ebb and then it overcomes the immune system and causes shingles.
As I understand it , with shingles in the eye, There may not be many exposed blisters to out anything on. they can be on the inside of the eyelids or sometimes on the outside
I've done considerable Googleing on it but Im not completely clear on all of it
Thanks for coming by
Wy
Posted By: Gary Gray X Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 08:01 PM
this is what I know about my body that if I keep my immune system as highly protected as I can(I do mine by way of therapy juice been doing it over 2 years)that I can go anywhere anytime (especially in hospitals or stores)where sickness is prevalent and be able to combat these illnesses and disease.If you give a finely maintained yard 1 chance for weeds to infiltrate then that yard will become infested and make it harder to maintain, this is the same way with the human body and in other countries they have been practicing better forms of protection and cures than our country because good old FDA(I got another better descriptive words for these intials guess what they are ?LOL) won't allow these types of cures to be treated the way they need to be.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 08:51 PM
Ouch is right Mike.
I've been through some stuff myself.
It gives me shivers to think how painful that must be
You're a good lookin guy Mike. That a right handsome foot <G>
Thanks for the visit. I expect Lauryn may be translating stuff off the board to KK
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 10:32 PM
Hi Sam,
The wind has been from the south for a couple days so your thoughts should be there by now.
I understand it's been pretty rough, so Kaley can use all the help she can get
Thanks for coming by
Wy
Posted By: Kevin Emmrich Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/18/09 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear Kaley is suffering. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Kevin
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 03:38 AM
Hi Mike,
Yeah, I talked to Kaley again. Worrying about her collabs instead of herself.
I maentioned getting a glare screen for her computer cause I think her eyes will be sensitive to light for quite some time.
I keep a glare screen on mine all the time anyway or it bothers my eyes
Wy
Posted By: S.DEE Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 04:30 AM
Thanks for the info WY.My friend had shingles in his eyes and the top of his head and it was very painful. Please let Kayley know she is in our prayers. Take care God Bless ,Kayley. Dee
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 04:44 AM
I...will...relay...your...message... Herbie
Dots fer sure
Thanks for the good wishes.
I understand that the eyes usually stay sensitive for an extended period
Wy
Posted By: Scott Campbell Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 05:10 AM
Hope you get better soon, Kaley. Sending my best wishes and positive thoughts your way! smile

Scott
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 03:17 PM
Ah the Long Lost Louisiana Angel has returned.---doesn't that 'literate good? <G>
Yep, I got your E. Relayed the info to KK
I've got to get back to work on my Louisiana Angel song when KK gets a litle better.
Lucky Kaley has got Lauryn to help her
Thanks for the good wishes Tricia. KK needs all the help she can get right now
Wy
Posted By: bholt Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 05:50 PM
Dear sweet Kaley, here's sending you my best wishes for a speedy recovery...
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 07:54 PM
Hi Kristi,
KK tried to look at the 'puter screen a little, but found out right away that it wasn't the thing to do.
I think this is going to take a while.
Wy
Posted By: Sam Wilson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 08:12 PM
May the Goddess breathe peaceful healing down upon her.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 11:05 PM
Ah, the Bobbelina Blonde has returned,
Yeah, it can have some lasting effects in some cases. They seem to have caught it quite early, which , according to Google, is key.
I don't know how the docs are treating it or with what drugs.
It seems to be somewhat a "wait it out" thing as far as getting over it.
Thanks for checking in
WyMud
Posted By: John Lawrence Schick Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 11:19 PM
Hope you're back in action soon Kaley.

Take care, John
Posted By: KevinP Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/19/09 11:23 PM
Kaley I hope you are feeling better soon.

Best Wishes
Kevin
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 02:45 AM
Hey Joe,
Yep on shingles. I never had them, but I've heard plenty.
Seems like they seldom or never go away real quick. You have to endure for a while.
Thanks for the prayers

Hi Bob,
Kaleys tougher than you'd think.
She'll get through this
I'm sure she appreciates the flood of prayers and good wishes..
Shows what folks here think of her
Wy
Posted By: Andy Dinnell Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 02:48 AM
Best wishes to Kaley, she will be in my thoughts.

Andy

Posted By: Colin Ward Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 02:53 AM
Bad news.......hope Kaley is on the mend!
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 02:30 PM
Hi Caroline,
Yeah on the shingles.
My understandin,like chicken Pox, Most people only get them once but some people fail to build up the antibodies after having them , so then sometime when their immune system is down, they can take them again.
Scarring CAN occur but since they caught it early, that shouldn't and hopefully won't, occur.
Thanks for your good wishes
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 05:35 PM
Brenda and Boo,
That sounds like an act for the stage or something < G>
Thanks for coming by Brenda.
I don't think there's any need to expect a REAL quick recovery with shingles. According to The Loisiana Angel, who knows about stuff like that, it's 'bout got to run it's course. The main thing seems to be to try to hold down the chance of any lasting problems.
And Her Booness,
On early detection, the docs seem to think they caught it in time.
As to your own initial misdiagnosis, boy I've heard about plenty of that.
On the excruiciating pain that no one seemed to be able to help you with--I understand your feelings--That's not LIVING, that's just SUFFERING.
You DO owe the neuroligist your life. You would not have continued indefinitely that way
NINE years on prednisone!!! Wow!!! That's a heckuve long time to be on that @%(%%$ stuff.
Yep, neuralgia is one of the possible residual effects (Boy, I've learned a lot lately)
I will transmit your thoughts to KK
Thanks Boo,
More coffee
Y

Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/20/09 09:21 PM
Hi again Gary,
I'm blessed with a naturally strong immune system byt I still take several Vit and herbals. I've got plenty of problems but they're more physical than medical
Wy
Posted By: "Tampa Stan" Good (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/21/09 01:43 AM
HIDee Gents...

Got my own theories on Nutrition. Breakfast: Cheerios..2-3 cups of Coffee (Chock fulla Anti-oxidants.)
Lunch: one beer & bowlfulla Ramen Noodles
Dinner: Beer #2 and whatever La Femme cooks-up...a Full-blown Meat+Potatoes meal WITH Tossed Green Salad (containing most ALL the Normally-Needed Vitamins, far as I know. Mushrooms a must, so ya get your Selenium..unless ya'd rather eat Rutabagas.)

Snacks later on: Fresh Microwave Popcorn/Iced tea. That..& Plenty of Daily-Exercise..is my "Secret" to health & longevity..tho Average Male in our family seems to Stroke-Out at age 82. (DNA has prolly as much to do with Health as Diet Does..JMO.) The less Stress ya gotta deal with, probably the Healthier you're gonna be, as-well. (Diet can't do it all...sorry!)

I tried B-12 Supplements...Doc's Sug...couldn't get much Sleep, thereafter...& that's Another Thing ya DO wanna keep up with.

Back to The Good Life..& again, Hope You're Feelin' Better, Mz Kaley/Glad Doc's diagnosed it early/Hope the meds are workin' well!

Big (Real Gentle) Hugs,
Stan
Posted By: Mary Lou Sudkamp (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/21/09 02:44 AM
Get well soon, Kaley! I know people who have had shingles and understand that they are very painful so I wish you a speedy recovery, gal!

ML
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/21/09 04:03 AM
HI Kevin and Dee
Will transmit the good wishes Kevin
According to Louisiana Angel it takes about two weeks to start tapering off.
I think Kaley has about a week of that in
Thanks for the visit
Hi Dee,
Right, on the top of the head.
As I get it that's kind of a defining symptom. The HAIR hurts. Actually, the nerves in the scalp ,I guess.
The virus attacks certain nerve fibers
Thanks Dee
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/21/09 02:20 PM
Scott and Betty
Hi Scott,
Well, at least KK has a secretary now to translate E's and stuff.
I think she was "drafted" though <G>
Hey Betty,
Yep, Lets all hope and pray there aren't any lasting effects.
They apparently caught it early so I'd think they'd be minor if any.
All good thoughts and prayers appreciated I'm sure
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/22/09 01:32 AM
Hi Sam and John,
Peaceful healing sounds good Sam
That oughta do the trick
Thanks for checking in
Hey John,
I haven't heard from Kaley for a day or two but she oughta be about ready to start coming out of it
Wy
Posted By: Emily Sanders Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/22/09 10:37 AM
Dearest Kaley,

Hope you heal fast and feel better soon...will pray for your speedy recovery smile

Love and light,

Emily
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/22/09 05:43 PM
Hi Kevin and Andy,
Hey Kevin,
Yeah, I'll have to speak to kk about this, like--
"Heyy KK,it's time to get with this gettin better stuff.
Enough of this shirking your duty. HEAL!!, HEAL!! <G>
Thanks Kevin
And Scotland is heard from,
Hi Andy.
As noted, I have some Scotch on one side. I don't know a thing about the details though. I should attempt to investigate that. See which clans it goes back to. The Wel;sh side has been pretty well investigated.
I'm only giving KK one more week and then she's supposed to put in an appearance. (I haven't informed her of this yet though <G>)
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/23/09 03:58 PM
Hey Colin and Stan
I talked to KK again Colin. Yeah she seems to be somewhat better, but maybe 2 steps forward, one step back
Hey Stan,
Sounds like you've got quite a varied diet there all right<G>
Cheerios is a good start. I eat alot of Cheerios myself.
A lot of people only eat one real meal a day ,if that. Problem is it's not as good a meal as your's sounds like and their breakfast and noon intake is practically non existent
Ya' see , where you've got it over me "You've" got a cook <G>
Amen on stress--I'm gathering that, that's one of the main causes of coming down with shingles, (among other things)
Thanks for the good wishes. It sounds like Kaley may be turning the corner
Wy

Posted By: Nigel Quin Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/23/09 04:25 PM
Please give my best wishes to KK from across yonder pond. Shingles can be a bit of a long haul to recover from, so I hope she gets plenty of rest and doesn’t feel the need to get back into normal routine too quickly; else it will flare up again.

Thinking of you KK

Dr Quin Medicine Woman wink

PS. Hazel sends her love and special healing purr smile
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/24/09 12:18 AM
Mary Lou!!!!,
Been a long time. Course I wasn't here much for a while. Could have missed you. Good to see you back. I hope all goes well with you.
Yep I think it's been something of an ordeal for KK, but she seems to be getting better now
Wy
Posted By: Andy Dinnell Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/24/09 12:32 AM
Hey Wy,

The first detail you will have to learn about your heritage is that it's SCOTS not SCOTCH. Scotch is the drink grin

That kind of thing leads to pitchforks and flaming torches around these parts. smile

Andy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/24/09 02:27 PM
And Emily too.
Getting to be old home week
Good to se you back aboard. I hope all goes well in your life.
Yeah, I talked to Kaley,ummm , yesterday and she seems to be coming out of it. As I understand it, there are no overnight recoveries from shingles.
Thanks for checking in
Wy

Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/24/09 08:11 PM
Hi Nigel,
Haven't seen you around much either,
Yesh, I've learned a lot about shingles lately. No real quick recoveries I've heard.
Well, advice from a medicine woman and a Healing Cat should surely turn the trick <G>. A double pronged assault on the shingles--Gotta work!!!
Wy
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/25/09 03:04 AM
Scots!!Scots!!
Not being especially fond of being the target of pitchforks and flaming torchs, I shall endeavor to remember that point<G>
When older sis gets home from her winter vacation in the south I've got to remember to ask her what my maternal grandmothers maiden name was. I think that's where the , uh, Scots ancestry is. The Welsh connection on the other side has been pretty much investigated but not the Scots on that side
And NOW... I am finally caught up so it is officially time for KK to get better
Wy
Posted By: BIG JIM MERRILEES Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/27/09 03:43 AM
Hi Folks I have been working on another song with Kaley and I sent her a draft of some ideas. This is just a rough work demo to sort out some lyrics etc. It is meant for female voice so excuse the bad singing. Female I am not and did this at short notice...LOL

She perked up a bit when she heard it and word is she is a tad better but still poorly and in a lot of pain. Here is a link

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=687727&songID=7462603
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/29/09 04:45 PM
Sound's good Jim.
IMO it's got the potential to be quite commercial.
Kaley's pain kinda come and goes now at least as I understand it.
The thing of it is, the light sensetivity and the monitor screen--she's supposed to stay off of it for a while yet.
Wy
Posted By: Joanne Lurgio Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/30/09 02:08 AM
Hey MZ Kaley!!!! Please be better real soon!
{{hugs}}
Joanne

Posted By: Lynn Orloff Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/30/09 02:57 AM
So glad I came over here. I have not been on Lyric Board 3 lately out of time constraints. Thanks for the update Wy as I had not seen Kaley posting or her signature dots .....and was wondering about her absence..........

Kaley you are in my prayers immediately. One suggestion might be something I believe to be called Shingles Rescue, a homeopathic treatment at the health store. An elderly friend of my mom's had shingles and in the eye and I remember asking the health food store owner (who also has a PhD in nutrition, etc) and he suggested that product. I don't think my mom's friend used it because so many people like him refuse to think outside the box and only use/take what their primary medical doctor says. They are uncomfortable or uneasy w/homeopathic products. I feel the opposite.

I'll call her Wy in case she can't read this.

Best,
Lynn

Posted By: Lynn Orloff Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/30/09 03:19 AM
Looked up a definition.....

Shingles is an infection of a nerve and the area of skin that is supplied by it. It is caused by the herpes varicella-zoster virus which also causes chickenpox.

Most people have chickenpox as a child, but after the illness has gone, the virus remains dormant (inactive) in the nervous system. The immune system keeps the virus in check, but later in life it can become reactivated, and cause shingles.

About 1 in 5 people get shingles at some point in their life. Although it can occur at any age, it is most common in people aged over 50. Shingles usually affects the nerve supply on one side of the body. The main symptoms are pain and a rash.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 03/30/09 01:35 PM
Hi Joanne and Lynn,
Good to see you back on the board Joanne
KK is progressing at last report but I understand you just do not get over the shingles quickly.
Hey Lynn,
I didn't "think" you'd been around much.
I'm with you, on the alternative medicine--treatments. I believe they've done great things for me. I've seen too many medical mistakes and repeated mis-diagnosis plus too many side effects and even death from their prescription drugs. That's just me though. Anybody can believe anything they want to
Right on the reading--Kaley is supposed to stay off the computer till , I believe , sometime this week we just started
Thanks for the visit
Wy

Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/08/09 05:06 PM
For those who have enquired about KK's progress--
She is making progress=---As of a couple days ago The light sensitiyity is getting less--The pain ,now intermittent instead of constant.
Her church has some Holy Days around Easter, so she'll be slower to come back on--(A good thing IMO, so she doesn't come back on before she really should)
Wy
Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/08/09 05:17 PM
Thank you for the update, Y.

Please send her my best...

Beth
Posted By: Frank N Furter Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/09/09 02:00 AM
Wyman,

I have some eye strain problems myself, so I don't get much computer time. Please tell Kaley, who seems like a truly sweet lady, I wish her all the best. Tell her if she has a headache a couple of glasses of Gatorade can work wonders, as I once discovered after almost being beheaded on the gridiron. Though I wasn't drinking it for that reason, I had a whopper and it went away...so I thought of it some years later when my temples were throbbing, tried it, and presto! (Now, I rarely get one. It's as if the headache knows it's fighting a losing battle, so it doesn't even bother coming round. grin

Frank
Posted By: Moker Jarrett Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/09/09 02:50 AM
Kaley, hang in there, we're all pullin' for you, don't jump back in too quick...moker
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/09/09 03:59 AM
Ditto what Moker said. That's one reason I haven't emailed her. I figure the last thing she needs is to be on the computer. I am thinking about her, though.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/09/09 04:45 PM
Hi Boo and Frank
Will do Boo
I don't think she'll communicate much for a few days during their religious observances and I know she'll have a ton of "catch up" to do,so I expect collabs will have to be patient for a while.
Thanks for stopping by again
Hey Frank,
Yeah, I sometimes have to watch my computer time also.
I use a glare screen on the monitor, which helps quite a bit.
I'll relay the Gatorade info, the next time I talk to her
Thanks for stopping
More coffee
Wy

Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/12/09 05:13 AM
Wow, I have been so busy that I haven't had time to even lurk. I am so sorry to hear this happened KK and just before your birthday too. I hope you are feeling better by now.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/14/09 01:26 AM
Hey Moker and Tricious,
Hi Moker,
I talked to KK a couple days ago.
She was busy with some church activities connected with Easter.
That should keep her off the computer for a few days. I encouraged her to get a glare screen. She should have one by now.
Hi Tricious,
Yep on staying off the 'puter.
You know how she is. If it wasn't for the church activites, she'd probably be back on and maybe too soon.
She worries about holding her collabs but eyes are a whole bunch more important.
Thanks for the visit
Wy
Posted By: Tom Tracy Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/14/09 06:16 PM
Hey Kaley!Sorry to hear about this -I pulled a "Bethie" and decided to break my arm. So I'm typing one handed, using the mouse left-handed and can't play music for 5-8 weeks. No biggie compared to the pain you must feel. I wish and pray for a speedy recovery for you.
See you soon.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/14/09 10:48 PM
Hi Jean and Tom
Hey Jean, Good to see you back on board
I would've entered your challenge but the muse deserted me completely on that one. (Dang redheads anyway <G>)
i think by the time their church days are over,KK'l be ready to come back but she's piled up a mile deep.
WyMMMud
(And besides Jean, I've got FRESH coffee. Grind it myself <G>)

Hey Tom,
Dang, on the arm breaking.
That's no good for a musician!!!
Better steer clear of BethieBoo for a while. At least till it's
better.Otherwise you'll prob'ly have "complications" <G>
I think KK's pain has subsided a lot but quite severe for a while
Thanks for the visit and good wishes
WyMMMud
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/18/09 12:29 AM
Update on KK,
It seems she's not getting along as well as she thought. On another visit to the eye Dr, it seems thers are still problems in the eye.
On top of that, church things and a couple other things she didn't need at the moment I think she's feeling somewhat overwhelmed.
I don't want to take too much on myself but maybe hold off on the emails? I think she has piles now and it bothers her that she's not getting them answered.
Msybe send the prayers and good wishes through the ether?
Thanks guys
Wy
Posted By: Sam Wilson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/18/09 12:39 AM
Givin' out cyberhugs for my dear sweet friend......

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hope that she can feel the vibes, somehow....
Posted By: Michele Howlett (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/18/09 02:24 PM
I miss you Kaley! frown I'm sitting here listening to Jim singing "Lost" and I've got Aussie Tears, cry get well soon my dear friend.

Love always, big HUGS

Your Aussie friend
Michele
Posted By: Heidi Thompson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/21/09 07:55 AM
Dearest Kaley,
I haven't been on the boards much due to an extremely heavy work load lately. But, I do check in to see how everyone's doing from time to time. I like to read recent posts from people just to see what's going on with many of those JPFers of whom I've become quite fond.

When I saw this post, I just had to send some prayers your way. I know how horribly painful shingles are. My Uncle had them all over his body.

Pain is such a difficult road to travel until you are healed. My heart is with you. "This too, shall pass."

I hope you are able to keep away from things which are too stressful during this time.

Many blessings to you dear Kaley.

Heidi
Posted By: Bill Robinson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/21/09 08:34 AM
Ouch
Shingles are bad enough on yer belly, where I had 'em, I can't imagine them in the eye.
Get well soon Kaley. Keep your immune system up. Shingles are a dormant virus that never goes away. Just a sneaky little bug that hides in your nervous system and emerges when you least expect it. Usually if your immune system is weakened by something. Fatigue, stress, other illnesses like flu. Bad enough we get Chicken Pox then it leaves those little buggers with you.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/22/09 06:24 PM
Sam,
You described Kaley pretty well.
She thought she was getting along pretty good, but apparently there are still problems in there.
Good vibes can't hurt and who knows they may be of more benefit than is now realized

Michele,
I know you're a caring and giving person as demonstrated in your own life.
Thanks for the sending good wishes from Aussie land--Distance is no problem for such things <G>
Wy
Posted By: Jean Bullock Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/23/09 09:17 AM
Wy, please tell Kaley that I have prayed for her and will continue to do so.
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/24/09 04:53 PM
Hey Heidi and Bill,
Hi Heidi,
I've always heard shingles were really painful, so I can't imagine how bad they'd be in the eye. Boo had a bout with them too, but not in the eye.
I think stress is a problem with KK
Thanks for the prayers
(And thanks for filling us in on Trina in Suriname)

Hi Bill,
Yep, you pretty well desrcribed the shingles as I understand them.
You should be pretty well settled in down in sunny Tennessee by now, though it looks like the storms have been tracking right across it lately
Thanks for coming by and the good wishes
Wy

Posted By: "Tampa Stan" Good (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 04/24/09 05:03 PM
HI Kaley..(Or whoever's readin' this to ya!) Just a wee-update to let ya know I'm still pullin' for ya! HOPE you're feelin' lots better as this gets read, but Know That These Things Take Time.

Now ya know why Docs call ya "Patients"....

Sorry for the Terrible Pun...but hope your days are gettin' a little Brighter..& easier..each & every one!

Big Hope It's Gettin' Better Hugs,
Ol' Stan
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 05/15/09 07:28 PM
Hi Jean and Stan,
Thanks for coming by and good wishes.
Everybody------
I just heard from KK again. I think the eye is much better, but other things have piled up.
She can explain what she wants to --She said she'd come on the board next week to say hi and thanks but I don't think she's still free to come on regularly.
Wy
Posted By: CG King Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 05/16/09 03:31 AM

Hi there Kiley,

I'm pretty new to the boards here at JPF... so I don't know you... but I am so sorry to read about all the health problems you have been experiencing.

I can tell that you are well loved around here, and that everyone is sending you their prayers and good wishes. I just wanted you to know that I do too.

Kind wishes,
Gail

Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 05/16/09 04:46 AM
Thanks for the update, Y. It's nice to know you're keeping the lines of communication open for her during her recuperation.

Hang in there Kaley -- and by all means, fight with your insurance company to try to get the shingles vaccine. Contrary to popular belief, you CAN get it again....but since you're not yet 60, you don't qualify. frown I'm in a battle about it right now, since I take two pills a day to keep it at bay -- what a waste of money!! mad

But, I digress (as usual!). Hope you're feeling much more comfortable -- and once relief occurs, the rest will fall into place.

Ciao for now,
Beth
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 07:37 PM
Hi Gail and Boo and everybody
I kinda let this slide cause KK was supposed to come on herself but being as she hasn't yet and some people have missed it entirely, i'll bring it back up.
I haven't heard from Kaley myself for several days. I'll get in touch with her.
I think the Shingles thing is pretty much over with little if any lasting effects.
Other things have come in a bunch as they often do, (Ain't that right Boo? <G>), though Kaleys are general life problems.
I'll try to see if she can come on and catch y'all up
Wy

Posted By: Heidi Thompson Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 07:50 PM
Thanks Wy!
I didn't realize she might still be ill after all this time. I'd appreciate any updates as we all know Kaley to be the sweetest soul.

Heidi
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 08:12 PM
No, not ill that I know of Heidi
Wy
Posted By: Hummingbird Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 09:11 PM
Sorry to hear this, hope you feel better soon, Kaley
Posted By: truedude Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 10:51 PM
A guy I work with got this last year. It still bothers him but wit the meds he is getting better. Good luck to you. Hang in there.
Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/07/09 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wyman Lloyd
Hi Gail and Boo and everybody
I kinda let this slide cause KK was supposed to come on herself but being as she hasn't yet and some people have missed it entirely, i'll bring it back up.
I haven't heard from Kaley myself for several days. I'll get in touch with her.
I think the Shingles thing is pretty much over with little if any lasting effects.
Other things have come in a bunch as they often do, (Ain't that right Boo? <G>), though Kaleys are general life problems.
I'll try to see if she can come on and catch y'all up
Wy

Thanks for the update, Y smile ! Yes, things can definitely come in bunches (bad things in threes, right?), but hopefully Kaley's situations will be remedied soon.

I'm sure we all look forward to hearing from her....

Boo
Posted By: KimberlyinNC Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/08/09 02:55 AM
Gosh, I didnt realize she may still be sick. I had read about it months ago... I hope someone can find out whats happening and I pray she is ok.. Kimberly
Posted By: Wyman Lloyd (D) Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/10/09 05:17 PM
Hi Vikki, True, Boo, Kim and everybody .
I got a semi, maybe, kinda, if she can, promise from Kaley to come on board this week.<G>
Now remember all those...lessee, "Qualifiers' (I never did get much schoolin' ya konw <G>), in case she doesn't make it.
Wy

Posted By: Beth G. Williams Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/10/09 07:21 PM
HEY, way cool. We need to start a welcome back thread. What's a good song we can do a parody of about SHINGLES?....How about "I'm So Dizzy"...

I've got SHINGLES
My eye is killin'
Haven't written a good song in weeks
I had SHINGLES
right in my eyeball
So much pain I could barely speak

Okay, NEXT VERSE??

Beth
Posted By: Bill Osofsky Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/11/09 05:52 AM
Hey Kaley, get back to yourself soon. Just wanted to share that when my grandkids want to take a nap in the car they say "Andy Armidillo, #9" smile

Bill
Posted By: Kaley Willow Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/12/09 08:24 AM
My dear friends!!!....and especially dear Wy for posting and keeping me up to date....and for all your kindness.....
This is beautiful to read ..and read again!...thank you all.

My eye is much better...I don't have too many eye lashes smile :)left, but the headaches and pain are gone. I thank you for your thoughts...and your prayers.. They were so very much appreciated and for all these sweet, sweet comments.

I'm taking an internet break.. For my own sanity grin , I owe so many folks e's, and p.m.'s, and I just hope y'all will forgive me till I write back. It's difficult to explain, but a family member is having some difficult medical/emotional problems and it plain and simply sapped a lot out of me. (more than I realized). That combined with wanting to help out more with both Mom's and running up and down the state of Pa smile has taken its toll.... I don't feel like a kid smile at the moment.

The week I woke up with shingles...I had put in a lot of miles,was helping out with some grants... (we've being awarded
a very large grant from the state to save our swimming pool....), was in charge of planning the town's first spring fling, was trying to wade through my mom in law's stack of medical insurance E.O.B.'s (explanation of benefits) and other paperwork...reinstate her coverage that had been accidentally dropped, work on several co-writes....and do my own Mom's typing...along with normal family things.....and I went from feeling very healthy to miserable seemingly overnight......

My Mom..who's basically blind is writing up a storm...(can't see what she's writing but writing like crazy)..and I'm doing
her typing. We're also re-evaluating our move to northern
Pennsylvania...as all of our driving has been to the south.
(I'd never make a truck driver...... grin )

so anyways, I just feel like I need a break from the net for awhile. I think me getting shingles was my wake up call....to pace myself. I will try to return e's and p.m.'s as soon as
I can. I felt terribly guilty answering one e and not another....and just haven't been on the web like I had been for a long time.

I apologize to anyone I've not written back yet

Hugs..
Kaley smile
P.S.
Thank you B....for all you've done!!.................

Posted By: Joice Marie Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/12/09 01:17 PM
Hi Kaley

HuGs -- I'M Just happy to KNOW that you are well again -- no need to respond -- I Understand -- catch up when you need and want to. : )
Posted By: Ricki E. Bellos Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/13/09 12:50 AM
Hopefully you are on the mend. Take care of yourself.
All good things,

Ricki
Posted By: Tricia Baker Re: Kaley Willow--Not a lyric - 06/14/09 02:15 AM
Glad to know you're feeling a bit better, Mz. Kaley. Know about being busy and totally understand it. Just know that you've been on my mind (everyone else's, too) and that we're all glad you're feeling much better. By the way, it's HOT here today!
© Just Plain Folks Music Organization Message Boards